Masilotti treated like 'family' but s...

Masilotti treated like 'family' but scorned by others

There are 117 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Oct 28, 2006, titled Masilotti treated like 'family' but scorned by others. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

To Pahokee Mayor J.P. Sasser, Tony Masilotti was the first Palm Beach County commissioner who deigned to visit the Glades communities, learn people's names there and fight for local projects like a town ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

known him all my life

AOL

#22 Jan 17, 2007
(to MMA especially) Oh my lord!! I am so disgusted! I cant believe you people are sticking up for Mr Alayon... On one hand I feel bad, not so much for him, but for the situation he put himself in and his family. It is unfortunate all around! BUT on the other hand I persoanlly know Rick Nye. I know who he was to everyone who knew him. I knew how funny he was and how unselfish he was, I have a life time bigger then my own of stories involving Rick. He was the kind of person no matter how bad his day was going... if you were having a bad day too he would try to cheer you up!

Sadly I also know what happened to him the night of Oct 10th. I know the gory details of what his body went through and one can ONLY HOPE that he didnt even know it happened!

Im sure out of fear who knows what one would do... but Alayon is a police officer. Did we all forget this??? He should have known better. He should have never gotten in a car drunk (which he did) sped in his car (like he did) hit someone... watch their body be ejcted from their car, and flee the scene. THEN try to cover it up... getting other people involved in his lies.
Yet, he went on and spent his Christmas with his family and friends, he got to see another year pass on New Years. Do you think Nye's family enjoyed their holidays without him?
And... He did turn himself in... His friends and family were there to see him off (while he was in the system for a whole 3 HOURS...) then posted bond and went on with his life. What a joke!
He left Rick Nye in the road. He didnt even try to at least pull him out of the road. Common sence tells you that if u stay in a road long enough... your going to get hit. He just left him there to be run over repeatedly by innocent people. I feel so bad for those people. Because now for the rest of their lives they are going to have to live with the fact that they ran someone over... someone who should have never been left in the middle of the road to begin with. This whole situation turns my stomach and you people sit there and say "we shouldnt call Alayon a killer" What would you call it?
DSNTSLP

United States

#23 Jan 17, 2007
AMEN
DSNTSLP

United States

#24 Jan 17, 2007
known him all my life wrote:
(to MMA especially) Oh my lord!! I am so disgusted! I cant believe you people are sticking up for Mr Alayon... On one hand I feel bad, not so much for him, but for the situation he put himself in and his family. It is unfortunate all around! BUT on the other hand I persoanlly know Rick Nye. I know who he was to everyone who knew him. I knew how funny he was and how unselfish he was, I have a life time bigger then my own of stories involving Rick. He was the kind of person no matter how bad his day was going... if you were having a bad day too he would try to cheer you up!
Sadly I also know what happened to him the night of Oct 10th. I know the gory details of what his body went through and one can ONLY HOPE that he didnt even know it happened!
Im sure out of fear who knows what one would do... but Alayon is a police officer. Did we all forget this??? He should have known better. He should have never gotten in a car drunk (which he did) sped in his car (like he did) hit someone... watch their body be ejcted from their car, and flee the scene. THEN try to cover it up... getting other people involved in his lies.
Yet, he went on and spent his Christmas with his family and friends, he got to see another year pass on New Years. Do you think Nye's family enjoyed their holidays without him?
And... He did turn himself in... His friends and family were there to see him off (while he was in the system for a whole 3 HOURS...) then posted bond and went on with his life. What a joke!
He left Rick Nye in the road. He didnt even try to at least pull him out of the road. Common sence tells you that if u stay in a road long enough... your going to get hit. He just left him there to be run over repeatedly by innocent people. I feel so bad for those people. Because now for the rest of their lives they are going to have to live with the fact that they ran someone over... someone who should have never been left in the middle of the road to begin with. This whole situation turns my stomach and you people sit there and say "we shouldnt call Alayon a killer" What would you call it?
AMEN. Please repost your above comments on the newer Topix.net link to this story. Very well said.
DSNTSLP

United States

#25 Jan 18, 2007
We should all move to "Detective surrenders in crash-scene case" because this is a post for Massilotti and not really for Michael Alayon,besides this is an older post and the one for Michael Alayon is dated Jan.8th.
DSNTSLP

United States

#26 Jan 18, 2007
Rev Jim Cunningham wrote:
My mother was one of the injured victims of the accident caused by Detective Michael Alayon. Her car is the small gold one that is often seen on news videos of the event, with my mother on the stretcher surrounded by officers and firemen. After the initial impact, her car stalled and she was trapped inside while cars repeatedy rammed and buffeted her. My mother has been so traumatized by this accident that she has nightmares nearly every night and she sleeps in a recliner in the living room because her body hurts too much to lay flat on the bed. If any of you believe in Jesus, please pray for her health and her emotional peace. Thank you.- Rev. Jim Cunningham [email protected]
Please see the above post to move to another post. thankyou, God Bless.
DSNTSLP

United States

#27 Jan 18, 2007
Rev Jim Cunningham wrote:
My mother was one of the injured victims of the accident caused by Detective Michael Alayon. Her car is the small gold one that is often seen on news videos of the event, with my mother on the stretcher surrounded by officers and firemen. After the initial impact, her car stalled and she was trapped inside while cars repeatedy rammed and buffeted her. My mother has been so traumatized by this accident that she has nightmares nearly every night and she sleeps in a recliner in the living room because her body hurts too much to lay flat on the bed. If any of you believe in Jesus, please pray for her health and her emotional peace. Thank you.- Rev. Jim Cunningham [email protected]
Rev. Cunningham, I am trying to contact you by E-Mail and it won't go through. Are you sure you typed this right? Please respond at [email protected]
MMA

Miami, FL

#28 Jan 18, 2007
I'm glad everyone uses the news as a reliable source, nobody here can judge him by what the media is saying..learn the facts then talk.
DSNTSLP

United States

#29 Jan 18, 2007
Who said we got anything from the media?
DSNTSLP

United States

#30 Jan 18, 2007
MMA wrote:
I'm glad everyone uses the news as a reliable source, nobody here can judge him by what the media is saying..learn the facts then talk.
Who said we got ANYTHING from the media?
MMA

Miami, FL

#31 Jan 19, 2007
Unless you know him personally, that is the only source of information you have, and evidently if those are your thoughts, you dont know him personally.
DSNTSLP

United States

#32 Jan 19, 2007
MMA wrote:
Unless you know him personally, that is the only source of information you have, and evidently if those are your thoughts, you dont know him personally.
I don't know him personally, but I do have a lot of personal info that has nothing to do with the media. You, on the other hand, seem to know Michael Alayon personally or you wouldn't spend so much time trying to defend him. OR, maybe you ARE MICHAEL ALAYON. MMA, huh? Makes us all wonder. Let me give you a tip MMA, there are many, many other sources than the media.
Friend of the family

AOL

#33 Jan 19, 2007
Well MMA, since you want some facts I will give you some. Though I suspect you already know the facts since 1) You act like you are awfully close to the case (maybe your involved, one must wonder) and 2) You speak as if you know everything about everything. Oh and not to confuse you, my facts don't come from the media, I have no time to hear the news, read the paper or much of anything else. I happen to be very close to the family and happen to know a lot more than you do buddy.

FACT 1 It is the law not to get behind a wheel and drive drunk!

FACT 2 Mr. Alayon is (oops that should be a WAS now) a police officer.

FACT 3 Mr. Alayon's vehicle caused the accident which KILLED Rick Nye.

FACT 4 When the FHP found Mr. Alayon (several hours later) he smelled STRONGLY of alcohol.

FACT 5 Mr. Alayon had injuries consistent with the crash.

FACT 6 Mr. Alayon submitted to a DNA test (damn shame those are not back yet!)

FACT 7 Mr. Alayon reported his vehichle stollen AFTER the accident.(you would think a cop would report it RIGHT AWAY!!!)

FACT 8 Mr. Alayon lives in a GATED community.(gotta love those public records!)

FACT 9 Mr. Alayon turned himself in.

FACT 10 Mr. Alayon has been charged with leaving the scene of an accident with a death.(Well if he was charged then they must have evidence he was there!! DUH!!!!)

FACT 11 Leaving the scene of an accident with a death is a first degree felony with a sentence of up to 30 years and a $10,000.00 fine.(Thank you Jamie!!! www.justiceforjustin.com )

I could keep going on and on and on but you should get the point by now.

Mr. Alayon WAS a police officer. If he is being charged with these crimes, they can prove he was there and he left a man on the road either dead or to die. As a police officer he was duty bound to offer that man aid. He did nothing but cover his own behind!

Sure, I feel sorry for his family, their son has a serious problem with the truth. They are living a nightmare and their son/brother/uncle/whatever does not want to be an honest person and do the right thing. But what about Rick Nye's family?? I see his daughter every single day and you can not begin to imagine what she is going through; but I know how bad she is suffering, I know how hurt and upset she is. I see her crying and see her trying to get through the day.

Do you know what it is like to watch someone close to you living a nightmare day in and day out? Her pain doesn't stop because her dad is buried. Her pain won't stop until she is with him again in heaven. She has to wait and wait and wait for the legal process because Michael Alayon doesn't want to tell the truth. Michael Alayon is only 28 years old and even if he gets 30 years, he only serves 80% of the sentence and can go on and live a life. Rick Nye cant'!!!! His life was taken from him and his family is left to spend their lives hurting!!

On Father's Day this year where will Rick Nye's children send his card? What about his birthday? You know a postal carrier to heaven? When his newest grandchild is born in July, he won't be there. His family has been robbed and they DESERVE justice. If Michael Alayon had killed your father I bet you would be spouting a whole lot differently.

A man is dead because your pal threw back a few to many with the boys. Defend away my friend, your conscience seems to be pretty dirty to.

DSNTSLP

Spartanburg, SC

#34 Jan 20, 2007
MMA wrote:
Unless you know him personally, that is the only source of information you have, and evidently if those are your thoughts, you dont know him personally.
Again, who said ANYTHING about the media (except you)? You tell us to learn the facts? I tell you to figure out who you are talking to before you tell any of us what to do. Seems we have a lot of facts, HUH? MMA?? MMA? You still there? If you are the MMA I think you are then you better enjoy that puter while you still have access to one.
MMA

Miami, FL

#36 Jan 22, 2007
Yes I am still here..No this is not Michael Alayon but I do know him.. This is so stupid, point your fingers all you want, I know the truth and could really care less what you ignorant people think. I can sit here and go fact by fact and prove you wrong.

Oh and not to confuse you, my facts don't come from the media, I have no time to hear the news, read the paper or much of anything else. I happen to be very close to the family and happen to know a lot more than you do buddy.

No sorry, for a fact you dont know a lot more than me, and you dont have time to hear the news but you sure do have time to waste on here talking a whole lot of wrong information.
Friend of the family

AOL

#37 Jan 22, 2007
Wrong information?? What kind of rock do you live under?

What is so hard to get through your obviously thick head? HE LEFT THE SCENE OF AN ACCIDENT WHERE A MAN DIED?!?!?! HE WAS A POLICE OFFICER WHO WAS DUTY BOUND TO RENDER AIDE WHETHER HE CAUSED THE ACCIDENT OR NOT!!! HE WAS INTOXICATED BEHIND THE WHEEL OF A CAR!!

If this is so stupid, why are you defending him so vemenently? And if you are such a good friend then why did you never speak up to your "good friend" and tell him not to get behind a wheel drunk? Why didn't you offer to be his designated driver? Why didn't you help him to get help if he has the drinking problem you claim he has?

Not that it matters, but I don't think the information that comes from the states attorney who filed the charges is wrong. The laws are not wrong, so my facts are accurate. Please do your homework.

You obviously don't know as much as you claim or you would have stopped talking long before now. Instead of defending a dirty cop, why not help him find an AA meeting or start stocking up on cooper slips so you can send him some money when he gets locked up.
DSNTSLP

Miami, FL

#38 Jan 27, 2007
Way to Go. He got quiet after that !
DA-FL

Kissimmee, FL

#39 Feb 16, 2007
I have been reading all of these posts. This is just all so sad. This was a horrible accident. I feel sorry for all the families affected by this. I too am very close to M. Alayon's family. I know the stress and anguish they are all going through. This was an accident and accidents can happen to anyone. I believe we all make some dumb choices and make mistakes in life. No one is perfect. You can only learn from your mistakes.
I believe M. Alayon just went into shock and freaked out. No one knows what they are capable of when going into shock. Hopefully Mr. Nye did not suffer.
dsntslp

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#40 Feb 27, 2007
Until Michael Alayon speaks up about
WHO TRANSPORTED HIM
from the scene then he is coming to the table with unclean hands. It's very hard to feel sorry for him when he could answer so many questions and save this family so much further grief in the form of a lengthy trial.

“Have you helped today?”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#41 Oct 10, 2007
One year ago today:
Ryland (Rick) James Nye received his
"angel wings".

We miss you Rick!
Doitmyself

Port Saint Lucie, FL

#42 Nov 12, 2007
DA-FL wrote:
I have been reading all of these posts. This is just all so sad. This was a horrible accident. I feel sorry for all the families affected by this. I too am very close to M. Alayon's family. I know the stress and anguish they are all going through. This was an accident and accidents can happen to anyone. I believe we all make some dumb choices and make mistakes in life. No one is perfect. You can only learn from your mistakes.
I believe M. Alayon just went into shock and freaked out. No one knows what they are capable of when going into shock. Hopefully Mr. Nye did not suffer.
Freaked out? Went into SHOCK? You should ask his Ricks three girls about freaking out and going into shock! Then the cop goes on to file all those false reports? Thats not shock, that's planning a way out. Now he just keeps stalling and stalling to keep his butt out of jail while my kids can't go on really even trying to live some kind of normal life until these flippin trials are over???? NO, he still only cares about MICHAEL ALAYON!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Okeechobee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 10-year-old with autism arrested at Florida school Apr '17 Spotted Girl 13
How Redneck Can Okeechobee Be? Look at Whats go... (Apr '09) Apr '17 Help 28
News Autistic boy is arrested at school in Florida Apr '17 Singledad 1
News Wildfires scorch parts of Florida; gov. declare... Apr '17 RustyS 3
Brandy Daily (Aug '14) Apr '17 Sara 13
Saggy boobs brandie daily (Aug '14) Apr '17 Jennica 15
News Ex-DCF worker accused of falsifying report (Apr '08) Mar '17 Concerned person 17

Okeechobee Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Okeechobee Mortgages