Gas station off the interstate

Gas station off the interstate

Posted in the Okawville Forum

Traveler

Vine Grove, KY

#1 Apr 12, 2014
I recently passed through your area and got off I64 for some fuel and coffee. There was a man working at the gas station who apparently was quite amused at the sight of a worn-out middle-aged woman who had been driving along in her beat-up car. Obviously, I was not of the caliber of people who normally shops there. He was so impressed by my frizzy hair and smashed up car that he made sure he pointed me out to a co-worker, who also enjoyed a laugh at my expense. As I left that "wonderful" facility, I noticed the man out doing his job. He was picking up garbage blowing around the parking lot. How uniquely symbolic of his demeanor and personality.
RoadBandit

Knob Noster, MO

#2 Aug 2, 2018
Traveler wrote:
I recently passed through your area and got off I64 for some fuel and coffee. There was a man working at the gas station who apparently was quite amused at the sight of a worn-out middle-aged woman who had been driving along in her beat-up car. Obviously, I was not of the caliber of people who normally shops there. He was so impressed by my frizzy hair and smashed up car that he made sure he pointed me out to a co-worker, who also enjoyed a laugh at my expense. As I left that "wonderful" facility, I noticed the man out doing his job. He was picking up garbage blowing around the parking lot. How uniquely symbolic of his demeanor and personality.
Sounds like the old maintenance guy. He actually died, having fallen through an attic apparently.*shrugs* true story though. Sorry you had that experience. Not everyone who works there behaves like that.
FuneralHome

Argenta, IL

#3 Aug 2, 2018
RoadBandit wrote:
<quoted text>

Sounds like the old maintenance guy. He actually died, having fallen through an attic apparently.*shrugs* true story though. Sorry you had that experience. Not everyone who works there behaves like that.
You say he fell thru an attic and died? Are you sure it was the same old guy! I heard the old guy was fishing off of the old swinging bridge, missed his step, fell into the lake, and drowned. No insurance and now laying in the morgue. Check it out Road Bandit.

Since: Aug 18

Location hidden

#4 Aug 8, 2018
FuneralHome wrote:
<quoted text>

You say he fell thru an attic and died? Are you sure it was the same old guy! I heard the old guy was fishing off of the old swinging bridge, missed his step, fell into the lake, and drowned. No insurance and now laying in the morgue. Check it out Road Bandit.
When did you hear this happened and where?

Location hidden

#5 Aug 8, 2018
RoadBandit wrote:
<quoted text>

The maintenance worker he is referring to is not the same person whom fell through the attic and died. Just saying.
FuneralHome

Maroa, IL

#6 Aug 8, 2018
noconcernofyours wrote:
<quoted text>

When did you hear this happened and where?
Back in spring of 2014. We always fished off of the swinging bridge and the body was down on the rocks. It was reported in the Banner.
RoadBandit

Knob Noster, MO

#7 Aug 9, 2018
FuneralHome wrote:
<quoted text>

This guy was living in San Antonio, TX at the time. He left the Ranger to go to HVAC school down there and ended up falling through an attic floor.

Location hidden

#8 Aug 9, 2018
RoadBandit wrote:
<quoted text>

This guy was living in San Antonio, TX at the time. He left the Ranger to go to HVAC school down there and ended up falling through an attic floor.
He was actually living in Dallas, Tx. But HE is not the one the traveler is talking about. The traveler posted in 2014 (suggested you need to read before you post)The guy that died didn't work at Road Ranger until 2015 and left in 2016 went to dallas in 2017 and died in 2018. He is not here to defend himself against a possible "steering wheel holder" so I am going to. Get educated before you post something you obviously know little about. Thanks and good day.
FuneralHome

Maroa, IL

#9 Aug 10, 2018
RoadBandit wrote:
<quoted text>

So who is the cadaver lying in the morgue found under the swinging bridge. Everybody quiet and not saying nothing. Heard he had a cap with Shell logo.

Location hidden

#10 Aug 10, 2018
FuneralHome wrote:
<quoted text>

So who is the cadaver lying in the morgue found under the swinging bridge. Everybody quiet and not saying nothing. Heard he had a cap with Shell logo.
I don't know where a swinging bridge is at in Nashville, Okawville or addieville but I"m not from the area. I googled and never found any accident (death) to that description happening in 2014. There was a similar one south of Nashville, Tenn but that was in 2018.
FuneralHome

Maroa, IL

#11 Aug 11, 2018
noconcernofyours wrote:
<quoted text>

I don't know where a swinging bridge is at in Nashville, Okawville or addieville but I"m not from the area. I googled and never found any accident (death) to that description happening in 2014. There was a similar one south of Nashville, Tenn but that was in 2018.
The swinging bridge is east of Carlyle. Carlyle Lake overflow.

Location hidden

#12 Aug 12, 2018
FuneralHome wrote:
<quoted text>

According to NamUs there isn't one.
FuneralHome

Maroa, IL

#13 Aug 12, 2018
noconcernofyours wrote:
<quoted text>

According to NamUs there isn't one.
Guess that was just an old rumor. I wouldn't know, just do the yard work at several funeral homes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Okawville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Girls gone wild Nov 9 Concerned Citizen 12
backyard chickens (Mar '16) Nov 7 Beth 2
has trump bit off more then he can eat in soybeans Oct 20 MeanGene 6
Kkk? Sep '18 Just checking786 1
Leah Baggett Aka psycho (Oct '16) Sep '18 Knowing 22
Innertech Nashville AKA little China swea... (Mar '16) Aug '18 Joker 9
Who do you support for U.S. House in Illinois (... (Oct '10) Aug '18 Pilgrim I 482

Okawville Jobs

Personal Finance

Okawville Mortgages