Giving thanks for Chief Cornplanter's...

Giving thanks for Chief Cornplanter's legacy

There are 2 comments on the The Kane Republican story from Nov 28, 2008, titled Giving thanks for Chief Cornplanter's legacy. In it, The Kane Republican reports that:

Every year, Americans gather with family members at Thanksgiving to share a meal in honor of family, harvest, and the Pilgrims at Plymouth Rock who shared a meal with the Native Americans who helped them to ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Kane Republican.

oil city steve

Oil City, PA

#1 Nov 30, 2008
American Heritage magazine, Dec. 1968. volume XX number 1. A fair story about how Cornplanter lost Oil City due to white man fraud, how all promises were broken. To celebrate victimization seems wrong to me. Cornplanter was promised things in writing by George Washington, all promises were ignored. No cause for celebration with that example. Is the writer of the article in high school or just high?
bodacious babe

Reynoldsburg, OH

#2 Jan 9, 2009
Steve, you have made very good points in your post. Many folks have absolutely no idea the fraud that was committed against Chief Cornplanter and the Seneca nation of indians. Your governor and all of his predecessors continue the fraud. Here in Ohio, our governor and all his predecessors are just as guilty as Rendell & Co. only with the Shawnee. I have been to the Cattaraugus & Allegany Indian Reservations and I have never met a more decent or honorable group of people than them. The only other people that I have met that are equally descent and honorable on their reservation are the Navajo. I have not been to other reservations, but I suspect that they too, are just as good.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oil City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Howe murder case not over (Jan '07) Nov 17 Shagger89 48
Who was that easy girl Oct '17 Pmart 1
News Five Franklin residents charged with running co... (Oct '10) Aug '17 Jesus 4
Train Wreck (May '16) Jun '17 ksiemb 2
Heroin is in turning point (Jun '17) Jun '17 No dope 1
Rob sabousky (Apr '17) Apr '17 Babies momma 1
Daisey (Jan '17) Jan '17 NYx 1

Oil City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Oil City Mortgages