Does anyone recognize the name 'Hoyt...

Does anyone recognize the name 'Hoyt Boswell'?

Posted in the Ohatchee Forum

Eva Fuell

Whitney, TX

#1 Apr 11, 2006
I have recently acquired a box of photos my great uncle collected in WWI mostly taken in France. There is one of a soldier in uniform wich says on the back 'Hoyt-Boswell Ohatchie-Ala R-1-'. Could possibly say 'Hayt' or 'Baswell'. I would love to send this photo-post card to a descendant.
Eva Fuell

Whitney, TX

#2 Apr 11, 2006
By the way, I don't know why the post says Poteau, OK. I am in Prattsville, AR.
Linda Hyde

Birmingham, AL

#3 Nov 13, 2006
Eva Fuell wrote:
I have recently acquired a box of photos my great uncle collected in WWI mostly taken in France. There is one of a soldier in uniform wich says on the back 'Hoyt-Boswell Ohatchie-Ala R-1-'. Could possibly say 'Hayt' or 'Baswell'. I would love to send this photo-post card to a descendant.
There is/was a man named Hoyt Baswell (with an A) in Ohatchee, AL. You could call any Baswell listed there to find more information.
Bro Whitt

United States

#4 Oct 10, 2007
Yes there was a gentleman who recently passed away in Ohatchee whos name is Hoyt Baswell! He was in the service, talked with him about it many times and he was a true VETERAN! Heard him get very emotional about his service to his country. You can look up as said earlier Baswell has sons who live in Ohatchee and they would love to see the pics or get copies!
Jen W

United States

#5 Nov 18, 2012
Eva Fuell wrote:
I am his great granddaughter. Do you still have this picture? I know it has to be my Pop. My PawPaw Hoyt Baswell Jr was in the Navy WWII.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ohatchee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jennifer Williamson ohatchee al May 1 Mechanic 4
does anyone know kim collier ? (Nov '08) Apr 29 Larryc 11
Debate: Marijuana - Gadsden, AL (Aug '10) Apr 12 Kevin 33
Want to be a "Deviant " ? (Motorcycle Club) Mar '16 DSMCAL 2
if you ride .....read this !!!!!! Mar '16 DSMCAL 1
Dating married women (Jan '07) Jan '16 Disgrace 114
Bobby Haggard (Sep '14) Sep '14 VX-BURNER 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ohatchee Mortgages