What to do about district attorney mi...

What to do about district attorney misconduct?

Posted in the Ogdensburg Forum

State Attorney General

Black River, NY

#1 Jan 23, 2012
This is what I do know a special prosecutor will have to be appointed to determine if Nicole Duve committed a crime. She will need to be investigated for judicial misconduct.

The state Attorney Generalís Office will have to examine the evidence when it's provided and it will be that Duve violated her oath of office, both of which are felony crimes.

It will then be determined whether criminal charges would be filed.

How many counts will she face for her unethical conduct and who will she pass it off on? Will she submit her resignation?

Could people move forward and ask the state Supreme Court to remove her from office?

What is her misconduct? Let's start a list... This is what I have come up with thus far. giving favorable treatment to witnesses, family of friends and those with high social standing, depriving defendants of thier rights, coercing witnesses, witness tampering, offering bribes in liue of testifing or not testifying, not allowing evidence to be heard and so much more... Help me out with the rest.

With her resignation and an agreement to never again return to the bench, the commission dismissed all of the ethics charges against her.

A conviction of a felony would mean Duve would lose her state pension and more. How about just a resignation and maybe just maybe you will you won't have ethical charges as well. With a deal, leave st. lawrence county, never return to duty as an attorney. Maybe consider center for a pick up basketball team. You definnelty have the height.
Christmas Party

Black River, NY

#2 Jan 23, 2012
how about the mixing business and pleasure part of it all. The judge and the da attend alot of social gatherings outside of thier workplace. hmmm. The cozy intersection between the bar and the bench. The social ties between the DA and the judge should raise some concerns.
Third time is a charm

Black River, NY

#3 Jan 23, 2012
First Trial..But soon after the trial ended, new evidence surfaced of a witness who claimed seeing another man kill Trickey. The Appellate State Supreme Court ordered a new trial,

2nd trial...two months of testimony and arguments, the jury was unable to make a decision, ending with a hung jury. And a letter emerged that was not allowed into evidence. Michele Disotell gets a plea deal to avoid testifying(29 counts of felony welfare fraud charges and theft charges as a second time felony offender...Travis Howe witness is arrested to sway the jury.

Now, a third trial begins how much more reasonable doubt can there be? Travis Howe is arrested to sway the jury pool. What else is going on behind the scenes?
Blame Game

Black River, NY

#4 Jan 23, 2012
Blame it on the judge. Then it becomes his problem

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#5 Jan 27, 2012
State Attorney General wrote:
This is what I have come up with thus far. giving favorable treatment to witnesses, family of friends and those with high social standing, depriving defendants of thier rights, coercing witnesses, witness tampering, offering bribes in liue of testifing or not testifying, not allowing evidence to be heard and so much more... Help me out with the rest.
Prosecutorial misconduct is a serious problem & runs rampant in the court system.

There is no outside entity that governs this, they are policed by the courts that they serve. Those that work in the judicial system are required by law to report what they see as misconduct but the reality is that it is largely ignored because of the adverse effects it could have on their own careers.

It is extremely difficult, but not impossible, to have action taken against the DA. You need to have your voices heard and that means getting this story out to those that have the ways & means to help you. You have access to the internet, there are a plethora of law websites you can post this story on, stick with the facts & make sure they are clear and concise. You have the opportunity to bring this to the attention of literally hundreds of people, include the media, if you can get them on your side you will have half the battle won, the more people made aware of this the better your chances will be. Don't count on any help from the St. Lawrence County judicial system, misconduct is allowed to occur because THEY turned a blind eye to it.

Stick with the facts & do not become emotional. Good luck!
Bull

Watertown, NY

#6 Jan 27, 2012
Christmas Party wrote:
how about the mixing business and pleasure part of it all. The judge and the da attend alot of social gatherings outside of thier workplace. hmmm. The cozy intersection between the bar and the bench. The social ties between the DA and the judge should raise some concerns.
Whoa...now they can't even go to a Christmas party?? or be at the same party?? why wouldn't they be? they work together. duh,,,i went to a christmas party with the people i work with...i wwent to several. should i be faulted for that?? maybe you went to one with people you work with?? once again, i do not see a problem here.

“Why So Serious?”

Since: Jan 12

Denver, CO

#7 Jan 27, 2012
Lovely One wrote:
<quoted text>
Prosecutorial misconduct is a serious problem & runs rampant in the court system.
There is no outside entity that governs this, they are policed by the courts that they serve. Those that work in the judicial system are required by law to report what they see as misconduct but the reality is that it is largely ignored because of the adverse effects it could have on their own careers.
It is extremely difficult, but not impossible, to have action taken against the DA. You need to have your voices heard and that means getting this story out to those that have the ways & means to help you. You have access to the internet, there are a plethora of law websites you can post this story on, stick with the facts & make sure they are clear and concise. You have the opportunity to bring this to the attention of literally hundreds of people, include the media, if you can get them on your side you will have half the battle won, the more people made aware of this the better your chances will be. Don't count on any help from the St. Lawrence County judicial system, misconduct is allowed to occur because THEY turned a blind eye to it.
Good Morning LO.
Great Post

Ogdensburg, NY

#8 Jan 28, 2012
Lovely One wrote:
<quoted text>
you are right all this trial needs is some national media attention
Take it to the people

Black River, NY

#9 Jan 28, 2012
Justice is blind ????? I don't know !!!!

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#10 Sep 27, 2012
Here is a link out of Texas. In this case there is smoking gun evidence of police perjury and prosecutorial misconduct. There has been no state level help. The Judges are in. Another DA was removed by election, however in this case the DA runs unopposed. This fellow has recieved local press.

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/rockwall-tx/T...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ogdensburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Employee Morale? Break them down and Mold them ... 55 min Fire Away 4
Hearing A Grievance: Turn It Up? 1 hr Bad Blood 1
Team Work Or Cafe Clown? 1 hr Sad Clown 1
Depart Mental Morale? 1 hr unplugged 1
News Former Ogdensburg bar owner admits to multiple ... 1 hr Pete 1
Can't post anymore? 2 hr Tom 3
Public Knowledge Should Not Be Deleted!! Aug 15 freedom of speech 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ogdensburg Mortgages