Police investigating man's death

Police investigating man's death

There are 167 comments on the Watertown Daily Times story from Jan 17, 2013, titled Police investigating man's death. In it, Watertown Daily Times reports that:

Terry M. Vinch, of 609 Paterson St., was pronounced dead at Claxton-Hepburn Medical Center, according to Ogdensburg police Detective David M. Layng.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Watertown Daily Times.

Eman Resu

Syracuse, NY

#124 Jan 25, 2013
grow up wrote:
You know I bet the majority of you have done drugs once in your live. What about drinking? You could get alcohol poising. But wait your perfect. Yea ok. Terry was a great guy who doesn't deserve to be bashed. Know one knows but him to why he died. Let him rip. If not I hope when you die karma visitsand you get your named ran into the ground.
Pot isn't going to kill me.
newnews

Auburn, NY

#125 Jan 25, 2013
o if its ruled a homicide who klled him, they must know something right?
tweeker

Utica, NY

#126 Jan 26, 2013
To Topix~~ This is all a bunch of bullchit,It's hurtful to though's of us who loved him no matter what he did and It's Just a bunch LITTLE KIDS RUNNING AT THE MOUTH'S about Chit they don't relay know about! It's just plain ignorance! Let Terry REST.IN.PEACE. To Tho's of you who apparently don't know what R.I.P means! Please ,Please have this filth and lie's removed! Ty sincerely the people who relay loved him!:(
Being Honest

Dexter, NY

#127 Jan 26, 2013
Jimmy wrote:
Just another druggie piece of shit off the streets,it's no loss
Yes Jimmy this is Terry's mom. I also was looking for Terry's obituary (like Sara) when I ran into this. I must admit I was surprised Mr. Pike that it was you. I mean wasn't it you and your father that made the paper so many times for drugs, even turning in each other? Wasn't it you that came to my home to see Terry and tell me what a good friend to you when you girlfriend was in prison, telling me everyone had turned on you BUT Terry. I told him I didn't like you in my house and he defended you. Terry did have a drug problem that he fought for years but for sure that didn't stop him from being the most loving person there was and he spread happiness to everyone no matter how he felt. Terry had over 350 loving people come to his funeral, about 150 for the candle light ceremony. Wonder how many people will come to honor you at yours. Words from people of the likes of you certainly can not hurt our family or his memory.
Being Honest

Dexter, NY

#128 Jan 26, 2013
Jimmy wrote:
Just another druggie piece of shit off the streets,it's no loss
I have 3 of Terrys old phones Jimmy maybe, I should give the messages from you to the cops since you are so concerned where the drugs are coming from you piece of shit!
Advice

Dexter, NY

#129 Jan 26, 2013
Being Honest wrote:
<quoted text> Yes Jimmy this is Terry's mom. I also was looking for Terry's obituary (like Sara) when I ran into this. I must admit I was surprised Mr. Pike that it was you. I mean wasn't it you and your father that made the paper so many times for drugs, even turning in each other? Wasn't it you that came to my home to see Terry and tell me what a good friend to you when you girlfriend was in prison, telling me everyone had turned on you BUT Terry. I told him I didn't like you in my house and he defended you. Terry did have a drug problem that he fought for years but for sure that didn't stop him from being the most loving person there was and he spread happiness to everyone no matter how he felt. Terry had over 350 loving people come to his funeral, about 150 for the candle light ceremony. Wonder how many people will come to honor you at yours. Words from people of the likes of you certainly can not hurt our family or his memory.
This site is full of garbage and gossip. Some is lies,some not.
The Jimmy who is posting may be some one else,maybe even a woman.Trust not much you read here.

For your own sanity it would be best to ignore this site,as it will certainly upset you at this tender time.
help

Utica, NY

#130 Jan 26, 2013
Being Honest wrote:
<quoted text>I have 3 of Terrys old phones Jimmy maybe, I should give the messages from you to the cops since you are so concerned where the drugs are coming from you piece of shit!
Not maybe..YOU SHOULD!! Your could be saving a life.
Eman Resu

Hartford, CT

#131 Jan 26, 2013
tweeker wrote:
To Topix~~ This is all a bunch of bullchit,It's hurtful to though's of us who loved him no matter what he did and It's Just a bunch LITTLE KIDS RUNNING AT THE MOUTH'S about Chit they don't relay know about! It's just plain ignorance! Let Terry REST.IN.PEACE. To Tho's of you who apparently don't know what R.I.P means! Please ,Please have this filth and lie's removed! Ty sincerely the people who relay loved him!:(

Where is the lie in the fact that he was a drug addict who OD'ed?
concerned

Ashburn, VA

#132 Jan 26, 2013
Jimmy_john_sue_mallory wrote:
How can you even feel bad for someone that dies to a drug overdose? He knew what he was doing, and that it was harmful to his body. No remorse, not missed.
look up the word sociopath, as it applies to you.
Truth

Dexter, NY

#133 Jan 26, 2013
He had the disease called addiction. Most everyone is addicted to something.
concerned

Ashburn, VA

#134 Jan 26, 2013
look up the word sociopath because it applies to you
concerned

Ashburn, VA

#135 Jan 26, 2013
Eman Resu wrote:
<quoted text>
He still had to make the decision to start doing drugs, nobody forced him, it's a risk he took knowing what possible consequences could arise.
Did you not comprehend that addiction is a disease, thus a person needs medical assistance to overcome this disease?
Eman Resu

Syracuse, NY

#136 Jan 26, 2013
concerned wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you not comprehend that addiction is a disease, thus a person needs medical assistance to overcome this disease?
He made the choice the start taking drugs, he wasn't addicted to them before he started taking them.
Eman Resu

Syracuse, NY

#137 Jan 26, 2013
....again, it was a risk he took when he started taking them, the risk of possibly becoming addicted.
tweeker

Utica, NY

#138 Jan 26, 2013
Eman Resu wrote:
<quoted text>
Where is the lie in the fact that he was a drug addict who OD'ed?
Wow You are just an ignorant "lil" kid aren't ya just move on and let him rest!
Eman Resu

New Hartford, NY

#139 Jan 26, 2013
tweeker wrote:
<quoted text> Wow You are just an ignorant "lil" kid aren't ya just move on and let him rest!
Not at all, I'm just able to face the truth. His death, though sad for his friends and family, are a result of his own actions and can't be denied. Maybe if people thought a little bit more about his abuse and how it may have been prevented and/or treated they could help save someone else in the future or maybe even themselves.
a friend

Cicero, NY

#140 Jan 26, 2013
DDp wrote:
Jimmy pike needs to quit supporting peoples habbits and being the cause of peoples deaths/ overdoses. yes you have a lot of$$ you can callitjelousy LOL but is it from doing illegal sales !!Look aturself andBrittany you've got her so gone on the pillsnow bc u support the habbit. and who is suffering from it the kids
can anyone answer a question for me...howcome everytime sumone over doses its magically jimmys fault...did terry get anything from jimmy no...does jimmy force anyone to do pills no...what i'm getting at here ppl is that terrys life being taken had nothing to do with jimmy an its bs that everytime sumone ods that everyone wants to blame jimmy when in all reality jimmy is one of the best friends a guy could ever ask for bc he would do anything for his close friends
Kenpachi

Syracuse, NY

#141 Jan 26, 2013
Too many people dieing over this crap... Terry if the 4th young person i know that died cuz of this shit. Is the high really worth it? Don't get me wrong i did pills once or twice for recreational use but it wasn't really my bag. I will stick to weed and coffee.
Jim

Lincoln, UK

#142 Jan 26, 2013
If he needed help why didn't his family try to get him in to rehab or try an intervention?Im an addict myself who have failed several attempts of rehab but I continue to battle the desase of addiction,if he would have died while trying to beat this then full respect to him,but what I've heard is he wasn't looking to overcome his addiction,So if you live by the sword you die by the sword,end off
dognz

Ellwood City, PA

#145 Jan 27, 2013
youtube.com/watch... … Fowl Sobriety
PROBALLY A dRUNK?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ogdensburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ms. And Micro Management? Just The Two of Them? 6 hr Listen Up Yall 2
Call Him DR. Evil? It's All About HIM! 7 hr Fear And InTimida... 1
Want a Better Workplace? Make Fun OF Your Leaders! 7 hr First Impressions 1
High Employee Turnover? Free Bird....Fly Away! 18 hr Bye Bye Free Birds 1
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them ? The W... Mon Sausage Fest 2
Power? Cool? Fear? Intimidation? The InHumane R... Sun Legendary Abuse 1
Dr. Strange? Altering The Grandeur Delusion! Sun WHY FI Password 1

Ogdensburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance