First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Mother

Utica, NY

#1 Jan 25, 2012
Where was the fire in town last night? I hope everyone made it out o.k.?
sad

Utica, NY

#2 Jan 25, 2012
Mother wrote:
Where was the fire in town last night? I hope everyone made it out o.k.?
it was the larose's there whole house is gone tot loss sad they built that house preatty much it was one room when they got it and it was 11 rooms when it burned nobody deserves that they lived in that house for 52 years raised 5 of ther own and all ther grandbabys sad to see it all gone in mine glad everyone safe
Who

Oneida, NY

#3 Jan 25, 2012
sad wrote:
<quoted text>it was the larose's there whole house is gone tot loss sad they built that house preatty much it was one room when they got it and it was 11 rooms when it burned nobody deserves that they lived in that house for 52 years raised 5 of ther own and all ther grandbabys sad to see it all gone in mine glad everyone safe
Which LaRose family, do you know the street they live on?
Mother

Utica, NY

#4 Jan 25, 2012
So sad but thankful no one was hurt.
Puppet Master

Utica, NY

#5 Jan 25, 2012
I waS happy to see that Heuvelton Fire Dept put out this house fire. It seems that OFD were sleeping.
yup

East Syracuse, NY

#6 Jan 25, 2012
Who wrote:
<quoted text>Which LaRose family, do you know the street they live on?
It was Sue and Dave LaRose's place...915 lafayette I believe. Might be wrong but I believe it was the LaRose homestead. Dave's parents used to live there. I'm glad all made it out ok. Just crappy that it was a total loss compounded by it being smack right in the middle of winter.
HVFD

Utica, NY

#7 Jan 25, 2012
Puppet Master wrote:
I waS happy to see that Heuvelton Fire Dept put out this house fire. It seems that OFD were sleeping.
That isnt the first time that Heuvelton has put out a fire for the city. I know that for a FACT! Maybe being paid is going to their heads and they think they don't have to do their jobs? Seems like the volunteer departments always pick up the slack of the paid.
i may be wrong

Utica, NY

#8 Jan 25, 2012
I thought Heuvelton was dispatched to Ogdensburg Station to serve as a back up in case another fire broke out?
Puppet Master wrote:
Dilligaf

Gilboa, NY

#9 Jan 25, 2012
Front page of paper shows firemen hard at work. Four of them standing their looking at the house burn.
Yes they have it so hard. Hero my ass.
frankie

Trumansburg, NY

#10 Jan 25, 2012
hey maybee authorities will actually figure out how it started un like the fire at shannons.( or should i say, want to figure it out)
fire marshall bill

East Syracuse, NY

#11 Jan 25, 2012
frankie wrote:
hey maybee authorities will actually figure out how it started un like the fire at shannons.( or should i say, want to figure it out)
John Shannon was living at this residence under the Federal Protection program. He was due to testify today in court and was again found dead in the structure. but there was no reference to anybody being hurt. just cigerette butts.
Dilligaf

Ransomville, NY

#12 Jan 25, 2012
Yes they found out that a cigarette caused the fire. In that big mess they found that out so fast.
Is that why they were just standing there staring at the fire, they did not want to inhale any cigarette smoke.
applepie

Niagara Falls, NY

#13 Jan 25, 2012
HVFD wrote:
<quoted text>
That isnt the first time that Heuvelton has put out a fire for the city. I know that for a FACT! Maybe being paid is going to their heads and they think they don't have to do their jobs? Seems like the volunteer departments always pick up the slack of the paid.
thats funny, there wasn't a yellow truck there. Maybe you should get your facts correct before you make a fool of yourself!!!!!!!
smoke detective

East Syracuse, NY

#14 Jan 25, 2012
where there is smoke there is John Shannon. works for OPD as an undercover informant. this fire seems suspicious.
Ogd resident

Ogdensburg, NY

#15 Jan 25, 2012
Don't you people have any sense of decency? This fire was a terrible tragedy to the LaRose family! They lost EVERYTHING - no more home movies, photos, trinkets, family albums, mementos, etc. You know those macaroni necklaces that our children make in school that everyone saves? Well Sue doesn't have hers now! And those old family photos that she kept over the years for her children and grandchildren? ALL GONE! How about clothes? So when you go to your dresser and try on seven different outfits to figure out which one makes you look the best, try to remember that Sue now has whatever people will give her, and all of HER favorite outfits are GONE.

To the LaRose family - My heart goes out to you, and I'll remember to say an extra prayer for you! Remember that God never gives us more than He believes we can handle! Sue, you ARE strong. Lean on your family and friends at this time for help. Through the years you've helped so many. I'm praying people will remember that and return the favor!

Some people are so insensitive to others. The negative comments about the LaRose house fire, the Fire Dept's response, John Shannon, etc. need to stop!

I see negativity EVERY DAY on here and frankly, it pisses me the Hell off! Everyone is too busy pitching a fit about what other people are doing (or about WHO other people are doing), meanwhile, REAL issues in this city are going ignored.

Are we really this PETTY?
Do we want to raise our kids this way?
Is this how YOU want to be viewed?
Can't we use this site as a better INFORMATION TOOL?

I just want to say one more small thing... and this is for the FRIENDS OF THE POSTERS OF THIS SITE -

You may laugh and think your friend is cool for posting something about someone on here... but watch out. When your own back is turned, shouldn't you wonder what your "friend" will post about you?
------- Not as funny now, huh?--------

Instead of pitching a fit on topix, how about actually taking a look at yourself? Do you have skeletons in your own closet? If so then you should shut the Hell up! You've got no room to talk! It's bullying! Does it make you feel big? Are you strong? Are you tough? No. You're just an anonymous person hiding behind your computer saying things about someone else, things that you'd probably NEVER say to the person's face. You're passing along gossip, not caring if it's true or not, just to be "in the discussion". Pathetic!

I don't understand why this site isn't being used to discuss REAL issues within the city, and what we can do, as a community, to unite to improve our lives. Wouldn't that make sense? ANYONE can formulate a plan for a clean-up day, a benefit walk, jamborees, etc.

Isn't there ANYONE out there who is willing to use this site as a good information tool? A way to improve our city? Come on, compared to other places - Canton, Massena, Potsdam - we are looked at as "scumbags" "whores" "druggies". Do we REALLY want this reputation and to be laughed at???

I'd like to see this thread have a lot of posts with ideas for improving the city... Anything we can do as a community. I WANT TO START WORKING ON THIS. I AM JUST A REGULAR HOME OWNING RESIDENT HERE AND I WANT THE BEST FOR MY COMMUNITY. Is anyone out there willing to try to make some serious changes here? PLEASE POST and show you care!
yes your right

Utica, NY

#16 Jan 25, 2012
lets start bye getting a volunteer fire department and saving the city millions of dollars
Idk

Utica, NY

#17 Jan 26, 2012
applepie wrote:
<quoted text>
thats funny, there wasn't a yellow truck there. Maybe you should get your facts correct before you make a fool of yourself!!!!!!!
my facts are straight thanks. Just cause there wasn't a yellow truck at this fire doesn't mean they havnt saved MANY others!
Media Hound

Liverpool, NY

#18 Jan 26, 2012
Ogd resident should maybe stay off topix if it has such a negative impact on your life.
hard to believe

Utica, NY

#19 Jan 26, 2012
Its very hard to believe this fire could have gotten so out of control with so many people in the house? Hot butts? Ya right. Arson, I don't think so. Illegal activity in that bedroom, cooking up something, oh ya.
smoke detective wrote:
where there is smoke there is John Shannon. works for OPD as an undercover informant. this fire seems suspicious.
Renter

Ogden, UT

#20 Jan 26, 2012
Ogd resident wrote:
Don't you people have any sense of decency? This fire was a terrible tragedy to the LaRose family! They lost EVERYTHING - no more home movies, photos, trinkets, family albums, mementos, etc. You know those macaroni necklaces that our children make in school that everyone saves? Well Sue doesn't have hers now! And those old family photos that she kept over the years for her children and grandchildren? ALL GONE! How about clothes? So when you go to your dresser and try on seven different outfits to figure out which one makes you look the best, try to remember that Sue now has whatever people will give her, and all of HER favorite outfits are GONE.
To the LaRose family - My heart goes out to you, and I'll remember to say an extra prayer for you! Remember that God never gives us more than He believes we can handle! Sue, you ARE strong. Lean on your family and friends at this time for help. Through the years you've helped so many. I'm praying people will remember that and return the favor!
Some people are so insensitive to others. The negative comments about the LaRose house fire, the Fire Dept's response, John Shannon, etc. need to stop!
I see negativity EVERY DAY on here and frankly, it pisses me the Hell off! Everyone is too busy pitching a fit about what other people are doing (or about WHO other people are doing), meanwhile, REAL issues in this city are going ignored.
Are we really this PETTY?
Do we want to raise our kids this way?
Is this how YOU want to be viewed?
Can't we use this site as a better INFORMATION TOOL?
I just want to say one more small thing... and this is for the FRIENDS OF THE POSTERS OF THIS SITE -
You may laugh and think your friend is cool for posting something about someone on here... but watch out. When your own back is turned, shouldn't you wonder what your "friend" will post about you?
------- Not as funny now, huh?--------
Instead of pitching a fit on topix, how about actually taking a look at yourself? Do you have skeletons in your own closet? If so then you should shut the Hell up! You've got no room to talk! It's bullying! Does it make you feel big? Are you strong? Are you tough? No. You're just an anonymous person hiding behind your computer saying things about someone else, things that you'd probably NEVER say to the person's face. You're passing along gossip, no discussion". Pathetic!
I don't understand why this site isn't being used to discuss REAL issues within the city, and what we can do, as a community, to unite to improve our lives. Wouldn't that make sense? ANYONE can formulate a plan for a clean-up day, a benefit walk, jamborees, etc.
Isn't there ANYONE out there who is willing to use this site as a good information tool? A way to improve our city? Come on, compared to other places - Canton, Massena, Potsdam - we are looked at as "scumbags" "whores" "druggies". Do we REALLY want this reputation and to be laughed at???
I'd like to see this thread have a lot of posts with ideas for improving the city... Anything we can do as a community. I WANT TO START WORKING ON THIS. I AM JUST A REGULAR HOME OWNING RESIDENT HERE AND I WANT THE BEST FOR MY COMMUNITY. Is anyone out there willing to try to make some serious changes here? PLEASE POST and show you care!
Well I was with you untill you mentioned that you were a homeowner, well I rent. You are like so many others here, you just put people who rent on a lower lever than you, and they should not be. people rent for many, many reasons. why is it that if you do not own a home in this town, you count only as a nobody. Why is it that something has to happen to your friend, and I am sorry for thier loss, for you to say anything. You look down upon those who do not own thier own home, and that should not have happened. I have a feeling that you will come back and say that you did not mean to do that, but you did and that can not be changed. You are no different then the rest of the people on topix.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ogdensburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Dozens of defendants from around St. Lawrence C... 1 hr Smug Face Chase 4
News Police make arrest in Massena bar assault where... Sep 5 Unfortunately 1

Ogdensburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ogdensburg Mortgages