First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Bryan

Gouverneur, NY

#1 Mar 6, 2011
Anyone hear anything of the armed robbery last night at the Twin Bridges/Jrecks shop? It was right around 11:30.
word up

Liverpool, NY

#2 Mar 6, 2011
I heard that they stole all the sliced ham, and wheat rolls. Who eats wheat...yuppie bastards.
i wonder

United States

#3 Mar 6, 2011
Bryan wrote:
Anyone hear anything of the armed robbery last night at the Twin Bridges/Jrecks shop? It was right around 11:30.
what? Seriously that side of town got it again?last time it was nice and easy ppl. R stupid...this town is to small and realy what would they have gotten 60 bucks pack of smokes and to boot a sub to go..lol....w.t.f.
Bryan

Gouverneur, NY

#4 Mar 6, 2011
i wonder wrote:
<quoted text>what? Seriously that side of town got it again?last time it was nice and easy ppl. R stupid...this town is to small and realy what would they have gotten 60 bucks pack of smokes and to boot a sub to go..lol....w.t.f.
Tell me about it. Nothing like earning a honest living. Shit, that's too much to ask for. This town sucks!!!!!!
me and mine

Cortland, NY

#5 Mar 6, 2011
that side of town is easy pray, i know i live on it and we see a cop 2 x a year on it.they dont patrol. they sit in their building making any victim of a crime go there. what the heck is up with that or are they just afraid of whats gonna happen at belmont if they arent close by!!
Bryan

Gouverneur, NY

#6 Mar 6, 2011
The real problem is we have a hillbilly police department, they're really lacking.
Don't get me wrong, they try to do with what little they know about city problems. They are used to handing out open container tickets, and domestic disputes. They are backwoods cops. I don't mean Andy Griffith and Barney Fifel, but they are no city cops. Look it all the drugs, look at the couple of murders unsolved. Look at the break-ins now.

The criminals are so far ahead of the cops here it's to the point of being scary now. We never locked our doors growing up, and now we have dead bolts and a alarm system. I have nothing personally against cops or the OPD for that matter, but the truth is the truth. For the most part all the drug charges caught are for simple possession after a quick search.

I'm not specifically calling them lame, I just think they should police a town like Heuvelton or Lisbon, not Ogdensburg. This town is beyond their limits and scope of training.

You remember some of the kids from school you felt bad for. The ones that just didn't fit in, you felt sorry for them. That is how I feel about the Ogdensburg police force. They can seperate a domestic dispute, they can spot a DWI, or a broken tail light, but they can't handle harder crime and small city life. We need REAL police, just let the OPD handle the Heuvelton and Lisbon area, and don't let them get involved in felony investigations,'cause very unfortunately they'll just screw it up.
i wonder

East Northport, NY

#7 Mar 6, 2011
hey thats not very nice ! Well u need to stop watching 48 hours or something this is real life bud .sh*t if u notice the reason y its easy for city cops to solve crimes in some places cuz theres more ppl. Talking and working together as a community yeah we hear or read the paper bout some things being solved, not all so b4 u go putting down this town and the o.p.d. Just remember this....we hear little of cases being solved elsewere but just know that there is so many that r unsolved and yeah times r changeing and everybody is trying to get use to that.There is no secret that goes unsaid and everything comes out in the wash.....hey u ever watch that show cold case its pretty good!
Ya Right

Gouverneur, NY

#8 Mar 6, 2011
Yes I did hear about it! As usual people get the story wrong. It happened in Watertown New York 13601.
Bryan

Gouverneur, NY

#9 Mar 6, 2011
Ya Right wrote:
Yes I did hear about it! As usual people get the story wrong. It happened in Watertown New York 13601.
Funny b*tch 'cause it came over my scanner on OPD's bandwidth.

You're a funny mother******, aren't you????
nope

Cortland, NY

#10 Mar 6, 2011
Ya Right wrote:
twin bridges at the bottom of New York Ave was robbed last night. it came across the scanner and the employees were talking about it about an hour ago. it hasn't been on the news or any news site online yet. the bank in watertown got robbed yesterday in watertown according to wwny-tv last night.
nope

Cortland, NY

#11 Mar 6, 2011
Bryan wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny b*tch 'cause it came over my scanner on OPD's bandwidth.
You're a funny mother******, aren't you????
heard it on mine too
laughing

Cortland, NY

#13 Mar 6, 2011
ya it was ogdensburg and it did happen last nite at 11:27 pm and our cops dont have a clue thats obvious
God

Cortland, NY

#14 Mar 7, 2011
Really when will all this shit end?Store is basically empty so why rob them....
oburg

Cortland, NY

#15 Mar 7, 2011
thats what this town is all about is who can rob who, for drugs, it has never been so bad as it is today.Im just glad i moved away.
Cherry Sprite

Lorraine, NY

#16 Mar 7, 2011
i wonder wrote:
hey thats not very nice ! Well u need to stop watching 48 hours or something this is real life bud .sh*t if u notice the reason y its easy for city cops to solve crimes in some places cuz theres more ppl. Talking and working together as a community yeah we hear or read the paper bout some things being solved, not all so b4 u go putting down this town and the o.p.d. Just remember this....we hear little of cases being solved elsewere but just know that there is so many that r unsolved and yeah times r changeing and everybody is trying to get use to that.There is no secret that goes unsaid and everything comes out in the wash.....hey u ever watch that show cold case its pretty good!
I agree with the previous poster that they are not up to par.
With Mr Lawtons case,NO height and weight description when there was an eye witness...The public needs these details to help!
Just sayin

Little Falls, NY

#17 Mar 7, 2011
Bryan wrote:
The real problem is we have a hillbilly police department, they're really lacking.
Don't get me wrong, they try to do with what little they know about city problems. They are used to handing out open container tickets, and domestic disputes. They are backwoods cops. I don't mean Andy Griffith and Barney Fifel, but they are no city cops. Look it all the drugs, look at the couple of murders unsolved. Look at the break-ins now.
The criminals are so far ahead of the cops here it's to the point of being scary now. We never locked our doors growing up, and now we have dead bolts and a alarm system. I have nothing personally against cops or the OPD for that matter, but the truth is the truth. For the most part all the drug charges caught are for simple possession after a quick search.
I'm not specifically calling them lame, I just think they should police a town like Heuvelton or Lisbon, not Ogdensburg. This town is beyond their limits and scope of training.
You remember some of the kids from school you felt bad for. The ones that just didn't fit in, you felt sorry for them. That is how I feel about the Ogdensburg police force. They can seperate a domestic dispute, they can spot a DWI, or a broken tail light, but they can't handle harder crime and small city life. We need REAL police, just let the OPD handle the Heuvelton and Lisbon area, and don't let them get involved in felony investigations,'cause very unfortunately they'll just screw it up.
I agree with you 100%-well said.
i wonder

Newark, NJ

#18 Mar 7, 2011
Just sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you 100%-well said.
well for the o.p.d. Not knowing anything they just caught the guy who robbed the twin bridges store...pretty quick i think
nope

Cortland, NY

#19 Mar 7, 2011
i wonder wrote:
<quoted text>well for the o.p.d. Not knowing anything they just caught the guy who robbed the twin bridges store...pretty quick i think
so who was it? the news said they found the mask and coat and think they know but the person is in hiding? where did they find the person?
Rumornator

Baldwinsville, NY

#20 Mar 7, 2011
Let's talk about gum drops and back rubs. The masked robber is probably just psychologically inept at going out and finding a real job. Misunderstood, scared, and socially dysfunctional. Probably was abused by Mom and Dad and Uncle Danny. May have been molested as an alter boy while serving God for the church. Perhaps maybe was the child who was Left Behind and should become the poster boy for Wisconsins need to break the Teachers Union. Poor lad. Probably scared into hiding at Belmont with a large white woman who helps him understand his inner child by providing food, clothing, shelter and sexual favors. Well, whatever the outcome of this misguided young man, I am sure he will be given the opportunity to graduate drug court and offered a second chance at getting his life in order. God Bless the Unified Courts of NY. Amen.
Bryan

Gouverneur, NY

#21 Mar 7, 2011
i wonder wrote:
<quoted text>well for the o.p.d. Not knowing anything they just caught the guy who robbed the twin bridges store...pretty quick i think
Let's step back a quick minute. To me,.......and who am I to know, it sounds like someone ratted,....good for them!!!!

The six o'clock news stated they have DNA taken from the mask and other clothing. Honey, let me fill you in on a little something. The OPD might have means to print a tire track, but they have no means or budget to send off for DNA samples, and surely don't know how the heck to process it even if they did. Like I said, I simply feel sorry for them and the fight they are up against. When this town turns realy sour and obscene, who will you blame???? I will blame the criminals for the crime and hardship they bring here. It's all their doing.

I will ALSO blame the local PD for not knowing how to properly investigate and prosecute. It's out of their league. Its sad and scary all at the same time for the residents of O-burg. This used to be considered a nice retirement community. The OPD has urinated on that dream. It's going to get much worse before it gets better, and many more things will go unsolved along the entire way.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ogdensburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Customer finds roach in her sandwich at sandwi... 1 hr roachCoach 1
Four Brier Hill residents jailed; accused of lu... Tue Reporter 3
Debate: Nuclear Power - Ogdensburg, NY (Mar '11) Feb 24 Debra Jones 25
Debate: Ferguson - Ogdensburg, NY (Aug '14) Feb 22 tammi 3
Ogdensburg man was arrested for grand larceny (Mar '14) Feb 8 to lazy to be nosey 5
Topix Forum? Simply Irresistible Feb 7 Purgatory 1
Ogdensburg Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Ogdensburg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:06 am PST