Haunted locations in the area
go home

Ogden, UT

#21 Jan 15, 2012
what a town wrote:
Isn't it nice to see how everyone stays on subject. You started a real interesting subject and look where it ended up? Hey people, try to stay on subject. There has been all kinds of post relating to BC Condo and the Redmonds etc. Let this person try to find out locations. As ole Bill would say, the spin stops here.
I also expect to hear smart ass crap on this post as well. Its possible someone will spin this post into the Oxyley trial or somehow connect it to the City Manager mess.
<quoted text>
Do you mean like you just did.
geesh

East Syracuse, NY

#22 Jan 15, 2012
GhostHunter wrote:
I'm looking for haunted locations in the ogdensburg and surrounding areas. Does anyone know of any places?
St. Lawrence County Court House - haunted by injustice
ladybug

Manlius, NY

#23 Jan 15, 2012
I actually know someone that used to live in the brick house...supposedly it is haunted by a woman that killed herself out of depression of losing a baby or something like that...she used to like to play piano and the people that i knew that lived there could hear piano music even though they didn't own one..before that I was told it was a post office or something similar..
boo

Waterville, NY

#24 Jan 15, 2012
700 new york ave is haunted.It use to be an orphanage,then boarding house,then some family took it over for years.People have died in the place.At night you can hear furniture being moved across the floor upstairs.You go and look and nothing has been moved or changed.If you take pictures inside that house you will see orbs in the pictures.There was a picture of the woman who use to live there standing in an archway holding the hand of a young boy.You could see thru them,both of them having passed away.There's always reports of trouble there in that house.People having panic attacks,domestics.If you go to check it out,her name is Tina,she'll know what all the noise is about.(Tina is the woman in the picture)Happy Hunting
boo

Waterville, NY

#25 Jan 15, 2012
ladybug wrote:
I actually know someone that used to live in the brick house...supposedly it is haunted by a woman that killed herself out of depression of losing a baby or something like that...she used to like to play piano and the people that i knew that lived there could hear piano music even though they didn't own one..before that I was told it was a post office or something similar..
the woman in the brick house killed herself because her fiance ended it with her.I have taken pictures outside the house and ended up with a nice shot of a face in the upstairs window and the mean lady in the basement window.creepy
boo

Waterville, NY

#26 Jan 15, 2012
hauntings wrote:
go to the local library and check out all the books of Hauntings of northern NY. there are a lot of places in those books. In one of the books it says there is an apartment in Belmont courts that is haunted, Kendrew Corners there is a ghost there as well, the red brick house on 37. i have read many of them, but i don't remember all the places. they say the Remington is haunted too.
The ghost near Kendrew corners is of an old man.He just appears on the bridge.I haven't seen him but i think he might have a dog with him now.I saw a beautiful husky/wolf dog just standing by the bridge.I looked back and it wasn't there.Strangest stuff goes on out there.
hauntings

Liverpool, NY

#27 Jan 16, 2012
boo wrote:
<quoted text>The ghost near Kendrew corners is of an old man.He just appears on the bridge.I haven't seen him but i think he might have a dog with him now.I saw a beautiful husky/wolf dog just standing by the bridge.I looked back and it wasn't there.Strangest stuff goes on out there.
I have drove that road many nights. No sh it, i think i seen the husky wolf dog, i seen a wolf or something run across the road, and it was after i read the book, i was like wanting to sh it my pants.... i was so scared.
haunted places

Fayetteville, NY

#28 Jan 16, 2012
I know for a fact that the old Ramada Inn is haunted because I worked there. I was standing beside the soda machine with 2 other female employees and this smokey thing appeared,it almost looked as though one of was smoking cigarettes,but we weren't and we all noticed it too.It wasn't in the form of anything or any certain shape,it was more like a mist of smoke but in a silohette...if that makes sense. It went behind the machines right after we said something about it. There has also been rumors of the front desk phone ringing from rooms where no one was renting. The building has alot of history,so that would be a place to definitely check out. There was another time when the me and the other 2 girls saw another silohette and it just went away. The old Putney house down on Rt. 37-the red brick house is said to be haunted as well. My guess would be to check out any of the older buildings in the area like the Remington,the Public Library,definitely the old state hospital-that has got to be one of the scariest places especially at night considering how many lost souls died there.
haunted places

Fayetteville, NY

#29 Jan 16, 2012
boo wrote:
<quoted text>The ghost near Kendrew corners is of an old man.He just appears on the bridge.I haven't seen him but i think he might have a dog with him now.I saw a beautiful husky/wolf dog just standing by the bridge.I looked back and it wasn't there.Strangest stuff goes on out there.
I have hebout the old man out at Kendrew Corners too. I was told about him by an ex police officer a few different times and each time he told me about it,the story never changed and his son has even seen it before one time. The man appears to be dresses in clothing from the Abraham Lincoln days. I heard the exact same thing you have just said about him being there and then he is gone,but I can't remember about the dog,now I'm going to have to ask the ex Ogdensburg police officer to tell me the story again when I see him.
hauntings

Liverpool, NY

#30 Jan 16, 2012
haunted places wrote:
<quoted text> I have hebout the old man out at Kendrew Corners too. I was told about him by an ex police officer a few different times and each time he told me about it,the story never changed and his son has even seen it before one time. The man appears to be dresses in clothing from the Abraham Lincoln days. I heard the exact same thing you have just said about him being there and then he is gone,but I can't remember about the dog,now I'm going to have to ask the ex Ogdensburg police officer to tell me the story again when I see him.
that is in one of the books of hauntings of northern ny. i am not sure which book but it is in there.. i read like 3 of them
lady

Utica, NY

#31 Jan 17, 2012
ivy ridge aka materdei college
Spooked

Utica, NY

#32 May 11, 2013
My mother and I stopped at the red brick house when it was for sale and looked in the windows. We could see where workmen had just dropped their tools and left. The hair on my arms and neck stoop up. We felt very uncomfortable there and felt the need to leave. We have wondered about this place for quite some time. Would you be willing to share your picture with my mom and I? She's not a true believer though with that place she could be. I'm not looking to publish the photo or anything. Just to validate what we saw and felt. As you said. Creepy....I have goose bumps typing this!!
boo wrote:
<quoted text>the woman in the brick house killed herself because her fiance ended it with her.I have taken pictures outside the house and ended up with a nice shot of a face in the upstairs window and the mean lady in the basement window.creepy
disallusioned vet

Ithaca, NY

#33 May 12, 2013
waddington wrote:
theres a house on 37 by iriquis farms a big red brick house
School teacher around 1900's shot herself in the head.
MyBigBarn

Ithaca, NY

#34 May 12, 2013
troy wrote:
<quoted text> I read the book and it says a little boys face shows up in the window but I have yet to see it. It also says that when people start working on it the work tools come up missing. What I have seen is they have started working on this place so many times and it never gets done.
I know that house and I know that area. That ghost really gets around cause he robbed a lot of barns and tool sheds around here especially over the past ten years including mine.
MyBigBarn

Ithaca, NY

#35 May 12, 2013
disallusioned vet wrote:
<quoted text> School teacher around 1900's shot herself in the head.
Can ya blame er with the stupid parents around here. Poor ladey. Are they sure it was Harrie Karie?
whocares

Riverside, RI

#36 May 15, 2013
Btw on that comment about gouvy some odgensburg people live their too and not all gouverneur people r inbreads sorry to burst ur bubble because my mom and dad r not related and im not an inbreaded child sorry to tell u n my kid is not inbread
Gail Reed-Donaldson

Ardsley, NY

#37 Jun 30, 2013
boo wrote:
<quoted text>the woman in the brick house killed herself because her fiance ended it with her.I have taken pictures outside the house and ended up with a nice shot of a face in the upstairs window and the mean lady in the basement window.creepy
I actually know someone who spent the night there with her friend when she was around 14.
She her friend were in bed and saw figures flying over their heads and felt one of them
Nudging up against her. She saw a partial figure of a head. That was the last night that she spent the night there. She Did occasionally go back to play with her friend.
I've always heard growing up that this house was haunted and that no one ever stayed there that long. This would have been in the late 80's or so. She's in her 30's now.
how stupid is this

Utica, NY

#38 Jul 1, 2013
Now we have people believing in ghost, how stupid can people get? Once your dead your dead, that is all there is to it. it is unbelievable what you fools say you believe in and what you think you saw. Grow up, there are no such things as dead people coming back to life, because they suffered some kind of tragic death. If you believe in these things then you must believe in Santa and the Easter bunny, because books have been written about them, and people do claim to have seen them. All I can say is you people are unreal. You will buy books on anything.
Believer

New York, NY

#39 Jul 1, 2013
Well once you actually see an entity them maybe you may believe in them. I have not seen any but I know someone who has seen them in this red brick house on rt 37 outside of waddington!'
This house is still empty with newspapers in the front windows.
This person that did see these entities would not lie about it.
This house has been empty for a long time. When it is occupied no one stays there long.
And from some of the earlier posts one of these entities or ghosts are hostile.
I def will never set foot in that house or property
My friend only stayed one night there in the 90's and would not ever go back there to spend the night there again.
Believe or not. Too many other people
Have seen the same thing there as my friend did when she was 13 or 14.
As far as I know. No one has ever finished renovating it in over 20 years or more.
I'm not sure if anyone is living in the trailer next to it or not? My guess would be no!!!
Robert

Woodstock, IL

#41 Aug 8, 2013
lady wrote:
ivy ridge aka materdei college
I went to Ivy Ridge and some of my peers have reported seeing/hearing a little boy bouncing a ball and laughing down the hallway on the second floor of the newest dorm wing. He apparently fell somehow there and died. We were told about a nun who hung herself on that same floor but later found out that never happened. Someone else said they would see a guy in a top hat walking past those dorm windows as well. Anyone know anything about this?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ogdensburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
aids and herpies epidemic (Dec '10) 24 min Sucks but it true 23
man buying meals randomly in Burg 22 hr Fiona 1
What's This Work / Family Life For? Providing L... Fri Under The Reign 1
News Hillary defense seeks documentation on errors i... Thu just some good ol... 70
A verdict in the murder trial of Oral “Nick” H... Sep 27 bugger 5
MicroManagement? "I Can't Go For That!" Sep 27 Not My Soul 1
September: National Recovery Month Sep 26 Lets Go There 5

Ogdensburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ogdensburg Mortgages