Plainfield Man Dead After Stabbing

Dec 7, 2008 Full story: The Jersey Journal 30

A man was stabbed to death during a fight in a Plainfield parking lot early today, authorities said.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
jam

New York, NY

#1 Dec 8, 2008
The bad thing about this, is that it happend in
a parking lot of a school I had to explain
to my six year old what happend to the man
when he saw the memorial this morning in the
parking lot ,they"re too many bars in that street.
I moved four years ago to plainfield and I just
whant laeve so bad, Iam sick of this
chris

Rahway, NJ

#2 Dec 8, 2008
this is unbelievable i knew him. its a sahme this kind of stuff happens to the good ppland he really was a great person too bad they took his life, it really was unecessary..
this is very bad plainfield is going down drain, i was born and raised here, and i really do wanna get out of here .
Cynthia from Bound Brook

Greeneville, TN

#3 Dec 8, 2008
Chez Maree needs to be shut down!
jay

Wallington, NJ

#4 Dec 8, 2008
this animal that murdered this good man neeeds to be hunt down ,we as a community need to do something about,the police needs to really do more about securing the streets.
Roy Rogers

Marlboro, NJ

#5 Dec 8, 2008
The victim was was a good man??? do we know that
why was he out in a bar at 2am, and he properly had a criminal record!
tyleema

Pleasantville, NJ

#6 Dec 8, 2008
i didnt know that being at a bar ar 2am was a problem as long as its open customers should be there. The problem here is scary dudes that cant fight. i went to school with him im not gonna say he was good or bad but what i will say is regardless if he has a record or not..at a bar 2am..he is no longer here and respect is what should be giving. I saw the headline in a grocery store and never would of thought it would be someone i know. Im sorry he had2 leave this earth so soon im sorry for his familys lost. Im sorry that stupidity is killing so many people.
kathy lejuez

Clifton Heights, PA

#7 Dec 9, 2008
a good man died that night it doesnt mather where he was from r where he was at that hour he was a good friend a good son and brother someone we will neve forget we will always love you R.I.P DENNIS A.K.A D MONEY you would never be forgoten till we see again

and to them who think this can never happen too them cuz u think you live is perfect god bless u
CHARLIEZ ANGELZ

Plainfield, NJ

#8 Dec 10, 2008
I knew dennis and he was a good person for those of you who would like to judge him you cant because only god could and I believe that god wanted a god person by his side and thats why he called for dennis.RIP DENNIS You Will Be Missed
Karinne

Philadelphia, PA

#9 Dec 11, 2008
To roy rogers i didnt know the victim but his son went to my daughters school, it is very sad that someone would pass away and you would have the audasity to pass judgement upon him who cares if he had a criminal record or the fact that he was at a bar at 2am im sure he wasnt the only one there, that gives you no right to ask those type's of questions, nore does it give the man that killed him the right to do what he did someone has passed the bible says you only say and remember good things about someone being mourned your a cruel person and makes me wonder, for you to ask those ?s are you the one who killed him?
gonzy

Pleasantville, NJ

#10 Dec 12, 2008
dam this is sucks,i remenber the first time i meet dennis,i think he was like 9 years old back in 97 with his older brother,they where friends with my brother,i still can bilieved ur gone bro,but all i want to said bro,q mi diosito te bendiga y te tenga en su gloria,ur fam and friends always will remenber u bro
RIP,DENNIS
Bleeding Heart

Riverside, NJ

#11 Dec 12, 2008
I thank everyone for their condolences. Dennis was my special friend. You know that you are in good company when your in his presence. Life can be so beautiful, until death wants to be rude. It interrupts at the worst times, and leaves the worst scars. Dennis baby fly free, and know that you are somebody, and that is why he chose you to come home. I cry when I see your pictures, and I ache when the image of you in that casket crosses my mind. But today Baby, I want to be fearless and smile. Something reassures me that your here, and I have no reason to fear.....forever yours~
BlackDog

Milford, NJ

#12 Dec 12, 2008
He was in the wrong place, at the wrong time and with the wrong person. Oh Well!
And thanks to our beloved governor,even if the creep is caught and tried, he will never be executed ... the taxpayers will have to support this piece of garbage for his natural life.
Plainfield keeps on getting worse because a criminal element ... which includes all the illegal aliens, are allowed to live here and do as they please, with complete immunity!
By the way, did any of you other posters make it past the 4th grade? Your spelling and grammar are atrocious!
confused

Riverside, NJ

#13 Dec 13, 2008
BlackDog wrote:
He was in the wrong place, at the wrong time and with the wrong person. Oh Well!
And thanks to our beloved governor,even if the creep is caught and tried, he will never be executed ... the taxpayers will have to support this piece of garbage for his natural life.
Plainfield keeps on getting worse because a criminal element ... which includes all the illegal aliens, are allowed to live here and do as they please, with complete immunity!
By the way, did any of you other posters make it past the 4th grade? Your spelling and grammar are atrocious!
I am so confused. Somebody was just killed, and you said oh well? Yeah, so if your child was killed is it oh well? If your mom or dad was killed is it oh well? If you get killed is it oh, well? You don't know what your fate is so you should refrain from judging others. You spoke on the grammar of others and even that confuses me. every comma you have is in the wrong place. You need to work on your run on sentences, and not comment on things that mean nothing to you (including Dennis, and his murder).

For those who do care thanks for the kind words. The suspect was caught Friday 12/12/08 in Ponce, PR.
tyleema

Pleasantville, NJ

#14 Dec 14, 2008
im glad he is in piece now. i dont even know why dumb dumb speaking about illegal aliens for..is it because dennis was hispanic? Grow up you ignorant piece of you know what. Hows that for grammar. Just for your bitterness karma will catch up with you abd when it does..dont expect no sympanthy because if you dont have nothing positive to say then dont say ANYTHING. Yes your in titled to your opinion but stick to the topic that a young man you dont even know was killed. You knew and know nothing about him or what happened that night. You need jesus!
BlackDog

Milford, NJ

#15 Dec 14, 2008
tyleema wrote:
im glad he is in piece now. i dont even know why dumb dumb speaking about illegal aliens for..is it because dennis was hispanic? Grow up you ignorant piece of you know what. Hows that for grammar. Just for your bitterness karma will catch up with you abd when it does..dont expect no sympanthy because if you dont have nothing positive to say then dont say ANYTHING. Yes your in titled to your opinion but stick to the topic that a young man you dont even know was killed. You knew and know nothing about him or what happened that night. You need jesus!
Read all the comments by the others, and you will see that I was on topic. The topic of crime in Plainfield was brought up by another poster. Every Illegal is part of the problem, just by being here they are breaking the law and draining the resources of towns like this one, keeping the police from doing their job properly.
You are accussing me of being racist without even knowing anything about me.Shame on you! At least half of my family was living in this country for the past 8,000 years. You ought to get togther with Confused. You both accuse me of that which I am not guilty, and both told me that I should keep my opinions to myself just because you both don't agree with them.
BlackDog

Milford, NJ

#16 Dec 14, 2008
confused wrote:
<quoted text>
I am so confused. Somebody was just killed, and you said oh well? Yeah, so if your child was killed is it oh well? If your mom or dad was killed is it oh well? If you get killed is it oh, well? You don't know what your fate is so you should refrain from judging others. You spoke on the grammar of others and even that confuses me. every comma you have is in the wrong place. You need to work on your run on sentences, and not comment on things that mean nothing to you (including Dennis, and his murder).
For those who do care thanks for the kind words. The suspect was caught Friday 12/12/08 in Ponce, PR.
You are very wrong, I do know my fate ... it is the same as yours. We are both eventually going to die. Death is a part of life, like it or not!
I know my fate, but not my future ... I know not how I will die!
I was not making light of someones murder, just at the system that allowed something like this to take place at all!
Evil reigns triumphant when good men do nothing!
I have buried more friends and family than I care to think about. I myself died on the operating room table about 8 months ago, but the were able to revive me. I don't judge anyone, God does!
Amber

East Brunswick, NJ

#17 Dec 14, 2008
Some of you people on here are idiots. Number 1, Dennis was AMERiCAN! Born in Plainfield, NJ. Dennis was a very bright young man who had a future ahead of him. He was loved by almost everyone he knew, and as far as him being in a bar @ 2am, he is an adult and there is nothing wrong with that. As far as you "ROY ROGERS" Dennis didn't have a criminal record you dumb A$$, nor was he an illegal immigrant. You are a waste of breath on this earth saying some dumb sh!t like that, and karma is a bitch!!!

Rest in Peace Dennis...
We love you babyboyyy!!!
Watch over us!!!
Bleeding Heart

Riverside, NJ

#18 Dec 15, 2008
The fact of the matter is that Dennis Gaitan was killed. He was robbed of his life, dreams, and goals at 20 years young. Yes, it is true we will all die, and that is a known fact from the moment of birth. Stop the back and fourth nonsense! No one knows what anyone's fate is. Many times people see things in the paper or on the news, and judge them without an ounce of sympathy. You did not know him, but I assure you the pleasure would be all yours if you did. As his very good friend it hurts me to see people saying insensitive things. We have all buried loved ones, and regardless how anyone lived their life when they are gone just respect the dead. So how about no one make comments that you would not say to his mother or father.
I love you Dennis 2000-2008
BlackDog wrote:
<quoted text>
You are very wrong, I do know my fate ... it is the same as yours. We are both eventually going to die. Death is a part of life, like it or not!
I know my fate, but not my future ... I know not how I will die!
I was not making light of someones murder, just at the system that allowed something like this to take place at all!
Evil reigns triumphant when good men do nothing!
I have buried more friends and family than I care to think about. I myself died on the operating room table about 8 months ago, but the were able to revive me. I don't judge anyone, God does!
Precious

Irvington, NJ

#19 Sep 15, 2009
Rest in Peace Dennis. I love you. See you when I get there.
Qua-Jones

Piscataway, NJ

#20 Apr 7, 2010
smh..seems like yesterday we was chillen, joke'n walkin dwn the hallways man..u will be missed..real talk...R.I.P DENNIS

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ogdensburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anthony Francos creepy manager Sep 13 CheeKo 2
Pizza Shop Franklin, By Shop Rite Sep 12 Win 9
Review: Sincere Logistics Llc. Sep 9 Faith house Found... 1
Quick Chek Gas Station Project Gets the Green L... Sep 6 marian corrigan 1
Tim Hortons restaurant chain signs New Jersey deal Sep 4 MrDoughnut 2
Plainfield, need a little history around 1960 (Feb '08) Aug 25 Will F 135
Plainfield riots - 1967 (Sep '07) Aug 25 Jim T 80
•••

Ogdensburg News Video

•••
Ogdensburg Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Ogdensburg Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••

Ogdensburg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Ogdensburg News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Ogdensburg
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••