Parsippany church: We reject Methodist stance on homosexuality

There are 5 comments on the The Jersey Journal story from Dec 6, 2013, titled Parsippany church: We reject Methodist stance on homosexuality. In it, The Jersey Journal reports that:

The United Methodist Church of Mount Tabor has joined the Reconciling Ministries Network, and says it rejects the notion homosexuality is sinful.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Jersey Journal.

Calvin

Newark, NJ

#1 Dec 25, 2013
If this local church rejects the Methodist stance on homosexualty, it cannot be a Christian church. It appears to be a homosexual social club.
Hans

Germany

#2 Dec 26, 2013
Calvin wrote:
If this local church rejects the Methodist stance on homosexualty, it cannot be a Christian church. It appears to be a homosexual social club.
Well said.
Calvin

Newark, NJ

#3 Dec 26, 2013
Will Mount Tabor's Children's Day Parade become Mount Tabor's annual Gay Pride Parade?
Chuck

Branchville, NJ

#4 Jan 9, 2014
I don't believe Christianity has an official doctrine pertaining to homosexuality. Other than, "judge not, lest ye be judged thyself". According to Christian teachings, aren't we all sinners? And all sins, aren't they equal in the eyes of god? Perhaps I'm wrong, but that has always been my understanding of Christianity.
Chuck

Orange, NJ

#5 Mar 25, 2014
Boycott the Mount Tabor United Methodist Church Thrift Shop.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ogdensburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What Wake You Up Plainfield Board Of Education Fri Debbi-5 1
What happeed to Franklin, NJ Burger King? (Aug '13) May 21 trash 9
Parents You Need To Get Involved May 20 Debbie-5 2
News NJ man gets jail time for assaulting woman in P... May 20 disgusted 1
Plainfield riots - 1967 (Sep '07) May 17 sshipley 83
Planet Fitness Going To Ild Staples Location In... May 16 John G 1
Plainfield, need a little history around 1960 (Feb '08) May 14 Janice Maher 142
More from around the web

Ogdensburg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE