Looking to buy in Ordensgurg.. tax??

Looking to buy in Ordensgurg.. tax??

Posted in the Ogdensburg Forum

Chad

Morrisville, PA

#1 Mar 6, 2007
Hi,
I am looking to purchase a home in Ogdensburg.... I cannot however find an acurate current number for the property tax.. Anyone know a good resource? or can give me an idea of what to expect?
thanks
Chad

Morrisville, PA

#2 Mar 6, 2007
ok.. so I can't type.. please don't yell at me!

Since: Dec 06

I love my hometown :)

#3 Mar 8, 2007
Chad wrote:
Hi,
I am looking to purchase a home in Ogdensburg.... I cannot however find an acurate current number for the property tax.. Anyone know a good resource? or can give me an idea of what to expect?
thanks
Hi Chad,

Ogdensburg, though a nice little town, has extremely high taxes, so please be careful. When the Sterling Mine was still in operation it wasn't bad, but ever since the closing of the mine taxes have soared there. Good luck.
MaryAnne

Newton, NJ

#4 Mar 17, 2007
If you find a house you like all you have to do is make a call to the tax collector and ask them the particulars on the house - what it is valued at and what the present taxes are.

Ogdensburg is very high in taxes, then again most of Sussex County is on the rise.
Frances

Newton, NJ

#5 Mar 17, 2007
I looked at a house in Ogdensburg and decided to pass on it as the taxes were $9,000 a year! Too much for me as it was double what I am paying on my house now.

I was told about the tax rate going sky high because the mine closed but the RE woman told me that I could challenge the tax bill - bad idea as far as I was concerned.

As an afterthought I am happy I didn't purchase the house as I have gone past several times and have had to redo the septic system and then I saw a back hoe there so who knows what was wrong with it.

Since: Apr 10

Alpharetta, GA

#6 Apr 20, 2010
Frances wrote:
I looked at a house in Ogdensburg and decided to pass on it as the taxes were $9,000 a year! Too much for me as it was double what I am paying on my house now.
I was told about the tax rate going sky high because the mine closed but the RE woman told me that I could challenge the tax bill - bad idea as far as I was concerned.
As an afterthought I am happy I didn't purchase the house as I have gone past several times and have had to redo the septic system and then I saw a back hoe there so who knows what was wrong with it.
That's because you're paying for a useless police force as well as the prosecutorís office. Until someone gets them under control the taxes will continue to soar. Ogdensburg residents pay too much money for too few services.
Brian

Hackettstown, NJ

#7 Apr 21, 2010
I live in Oburg .... buying house here a few years ago. At the time taxes were not to bd, but they have increased every year. As Coorupt Police says, We pay FAR to much for no services. Our Town council is a joke. Is a shame cause it is actually a nice town , just run by a buch of idiots.
CoruptPolice

Alpharetta, GA

#8 Apr 21, 2010
Brian wrote:
I live in Oburg .... buying house here a few years ago. At the time taxes were not to bd, but they have increased every year. As Coorupt Police says, We pay FAR to much for no services. Our Town council is a joke. Is a shame cause it is actually a nice town , just run by a buch of idiots.
The government is WAY too big for such a small town. Why do we need to pay salaries for useless folks? Why do we need so many police officers? Are they that incompetent, if so then get rid of them and bring in new people to run it? How much of our taxes are going to pay a bunch of bozoís that provide us NOTHING but aggravation? Elections will be coming up soon (not soon enough) and itís time to get rid of some of these losers and take control of our town back!
Brian

Oxford, NJ

#9 Apr 21, 2010
Could not agree with you more Corupt !!!! Alot need to go !!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ogdensburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Plainfield, need a little history around 1960 (Feb '08) Jan 17 Mac 157
Plainfield riots - 1967 (Sep '07) Dec '17 Elizabeth Faraone 99
Lake in Oak Ridge (Jul '12) Nov '17 Susan Szkola 14
News Chatterbox owner agrees to sell property to Wawa Nov '17 Ray Temes 1
Looking for the gentleman in Sparta with a whee... Oct '17 neilboyle7 1
News Extreme Energy Solutions' New Eco-Friendly Clea... (Nov '14) Nov '14 fmyrland 1
who is sue young? (May '12) May '12 offense 3

Ogdensburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ogdensburg Mortgages