Florissant Named One of the Best Cities to Live by CNN

Aug 21, 2012 Full story: Patch.com 104

The Valley of Flowers has sprouted another honor as Florissant has been named one of the 100 Best Cities to Live by CNN .

Full Story
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
valley of flowers

United States

#1 Aug 21, 2012
Florissant has been and continues to be a great place to be.
CSM1

Saint Peters, MO

#2 Aug 21, 2012
Ohhh K
congratulations

United States

#3 Aug 21, 2012
Congratulations to Florissant
Old Coot

Florissant, MO

#4 Aug 21, 2012
valley of flowers wrote:
Florissant has been and continues to be a great place to be.
We who live here and are involved in the community don't need to be told that it's a good place. We know because we have experienced it for years and continue to do so.

I am absolutely 100% sure that those who make nasty comments and try to make Flo look bad are ones cause problems wherever they go for anyone who does not agree with them. If you are not a racist, a bigot or a general whiner you know we have a good safe city.

The problem for the wimply little runaways is Florissant was for many, many years predominately white (still is in actuality) and they just don't like black people. Those that moved did so not because the city changed but because of their own prejudicial attitudes and who wants to live next door to people like that anyway? Bunch of hate filled fools.

Been in the same house for 45 years and never had a problem. Have a couple of black families move in a few years back, still no problem. Don't expect there to be any other then the usual, where dumb people leave their garage doors up or stuff laying on the seat of their car. Blacks are not to blame for it all, there was that kind of stuff going on before any black families lived in my area. Yeah, that's right white kids/people steal stuff, what a surprise...not really.

Live wherever you want and leave us good, happy folks alone. No body needs wannbe snooties yapping about stuff they have no part in or know about living here.
congratulations

United States

#5 Aug 21, 2012
Old Coot wrote:
<quoted text>We who live here and are involved in the community don't need to be told that it's a good place. We know because we have experienced it for years and continue to do so.

I am absolutely 100% sure that those who make nasty comments and try to make Flo look bad are ones cause problems wherever they go for anyone who does not agree with them. If you are not a racist, a bigot or a general whiner you know we have a good safe city.

The problem for the wimply little runaways is Florissant was for many, many years predominately white (still is in actuality) and they just don't like black people. Those that moved did so not because the city changed but because of their own prejudicial attitudes and who wants to live next door to people like that anyway? Bunch of hate filled fools.

Been in the same house for 45 years and never had a problem. Have a couple of black families move in a few years back, still no problem. Don't expect there to be any other then the usual, where dumb people leave their garage doors up or stuff laying on the seat of their car. Blacks are not to blame for it all, there was that kind of stuff going on before any black families lived in my area. Yeah, that's right white kids/people steal stuff, what a surprise...not really.

Live wherever you want and leave us good, happy folks alone. No body needs wannbe snooties yapping about stuff they have no part in or know about living here.
Well said. Thanks
Move to New Florence

Russell, KY

#6 Aug 23, 2012
I don't know what else to do?
Wentzvillian

Troy, MO

#7 Aug 23, 2012
Tell that to my brother who just had the stereo stolen out of his car. He's moving so he won't have to send his kids to Ferg-Flor.
Hmmm

Florissant, MO

#8 Aug 23, 2012
Wentzvillian wrote:
Tell that to my brother who just had the stereo stolen out of his car. He's moving so he won't have to send his kids to Ferg-Flor.
And he should if he feels that is what's best for his family. I doubt that will guarantee he never has more problems though. There are no areas that are free of crime especially ones like your brother experienced.

Also, there are no school districts that do not encounter problems of different kinds. Hopefully some are less serious than those I have heard about, but there will always be drugs, bullies, criminals, etc. no matter where you go.

Anyone who doesn't believe that is going to be a victim over and over. The best solution is to educate yourself about how to handle such things.

BTW, I had my vehicle broken into at Plaza Frontenac when I was visiting my sister in Des Peres. Just an example of why relocating isn't always a solution.
Wentzvillian

Saint Peters, MO

#9 Aug 23, 2012
WHAT?! Bad things can happen anywhere? That is news to me. You make a compelling argument, but thousands of whites continue to leave Florissant.

Here are some statistics on the Ferguson-Florissant school district. These are changes that occured from 2003 to 2011.

Student population went from 66% black/ 32% white to 77% black/ 16% white.(state average - 75% white/ 17% black)

Percentage of low-income students eligible for free and reduced lunches increased from 52% to 69%.(state average - 48%)

Average ACT score dropped from 19.8 to 18.4.(state average - 21.6)

Number of 10+ day suspensions increased from 1.4 per student to 5.8 per student.(state average - 1.7)

If that isn't convincing enough, I have an excel spreadsheet comparing all St. Louis/ St. Charles County schools. Pattonville is the only north county district on par with St. Charles County.
BYE

Florissant, MO

#10 Aug 23, 2012
Wentzvillian wrote:
WHAT?! Bad things can happen anywhere? That is news to me. You make a compelling argument, but thousands of whites continue to leave Florissant.
Here are some statistics on the Ferguson-Florissant school district. These are changes that occured from 2003 to 2011.
Student population went from 66% black/ 32% white to 77% black/ 16% white.(state average - 75% white/ 17% black)
Percentage of low-income students eligible for free and reduced lunches increased from 52% to 69%.(state average - 48%)
Average ACT score dropped from 19.8 to 18.4.(state average - 21.6)
Number of 10+ day suspensions increased from 1.4 per student to 5.8 per student.(state average - 1.7)
If that isn't convincing enough, I have an excel spreadsheet comparing all St. Louis/ St. Charles County schools. Pattonville is the only north county district on par with St. Charles County.
Enjoy your fake utopia and leave us alone. PLEASE!
Wentzvillian

Saint Peters, MO

#11 Aug 23, 2012
BYE wrote:
<quoted text>Enjoy your fake utopia and leave us alone. PLEASE!
Sorry if my facts offended you! Don't be mad at me. I'm just the messenger.
Ha Ha

Stockton, MO

#12 Aug 23, 2012
Of course there is crime everywhere. Why, just last night 4 or more outstanding Norf County yutes came to A St Charles auto dealership and were caught trying to steal a bunch of cars.
Thanks, NoCo.
you can not hide

AOL

#13 Aug 23, 2012
Wentzvillian wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry if my facts offended you! Don't be mad at me. I'm just the messenger.
You better keep your doors locked. Things are changing.

http://www.cityrating.com/crime-statistics/mi...

You can't run from crime, it follows you.
you can not hide

AOL

#14 Aug 23, 2012
Wentzville crime statistics report an overall upward trend in crime based on data from 7 years with violent crime increasing and property crime increasing. Based on this trend, the crime rate in Wentzville for 2012 is expected to be higher than in 2009.

http://www.cityrating.com/crime-statistics/mi...
Wentzvillian

Saint Peters, MO

#15 Aug 23, 2012
You should have read the next two paragraphs.

"The city violent crime rate for Wentzville in 2009 was lower than the national violent crime rate average by 69.91% and the city property crime rate in Wentzville was lower than the national property crime rate average by 40.67%.

In 2009 the city violent crime rate in Wentzville was lower than the violent crime rate in Missouri by 73.73% and the city property crime rate in Wentzville was lower than the property crime rate in Missouri by 46.79%."

I'll take my chances.
not for long

United States

#16 Aug 23, 2012
Wentzvillian wrote:
You should have read the next two paragraphs.

"The city violent crime rate for Wentzville in 2009 was lower than the national violent crime rate average by 69.91% and the city property crime rate in Wentzville was lower than the national property crime rate average by 40.67%.

In 2009 the city violent crime rate in Wentzville was lower than the violent crime rate in Missouri by 73.73% and the city property crime rate in Wentzville was lower than the property crime rate in Missouri by 46.79%."

I'll take my chances.
Not for long.
BYE

Florissant, MO

#17 Aug 23, 2012
And why do we care in the least about Wantsville's crime stats? Better yet, why do YOU care about OURS?
Is there some point that you and your white chickenshit neighbors in Ofelon, Peterville and ChickenChuckietown feel like you need to make by posting your trash here? For the last time you no good white flighters, WE DO NOT GIVE A FUCKTHATYOUMOVED OR THAT YOU DONT LIKE IT HERE!!!!!!!! GOTHEFUCKAWAY!!!!!!
Truth

Florissant, MO

#18 Aug 23, 2012
I second what BYE said! It's really getting stale.
Old timer

Florissant, MO

#19 Aug 23, 2012
"chickenchuckietown" - Now that's funny as hell. Pissed of north countians come up with some of the damndest things!
Wentzvillian

Saint Peters, MO

#20 Aug 23, 2012
Facts are facts. Why do you have to get so upset? If you really love Florissant, the statistics shouldn't bother you. No need to get all defensive.

Make fun of Wentzville all you want; several of my neighbors moved here from north county. I know a lot of families who moved out here simply for the better schools. Does that make them "no good white flighters"? I know I wouldn't send my kids to McCluer.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

O'Fallon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
O'Fallon chamber encourages members to vote no ... Oct 23 Joe M 1
St. Louis RV and Bus Oct 18 RV Buyer Word of ... 1
u.s. government is out of control Oct 14 REDCLOUD 2
homeless black woman on mid rivers mall drive (Aug '11) Oct 14 resident 66
Dardenne Prairie residents reject plan to devel... (Nov '13) Oct 10 bsoelle 3
Daniel kerns? Oct 6 June Cleaver 5
wtf Oct 5 flybynight 3
O'Fallon Dating
Find my Match

O'Fallon Jobs