How secure are our schools

How secure are our schools

Posted in the O'Fallon Forum

Proccw

Lake Saint Louis, MO

#1 Dec 17, 2012
Fort zumwalt has taken some small steps toward securing our schools. All entrances are locked down. Visitors are r buzzed in via an intercom. Once buzzed in you are directed to the office which is staffed by wonderful caring individuals, mostly women. What line of defense do these women have against some one equipped to cause harm? We should all contact the district and demand each school have an officer on duty 100% of the time. We have resource officers at schools grades 6-12. These officers are there mostly for disorderly children. Fort zumwalt has taken small steps in securing schools, but it simply is just not enough. We must demand better security for our children.
No name

Antioch, TN

#2 Dec 17, 2012
Yes, we do. That will also cost more, how many people will agree to higher taxes to do this? I'd hope everyone, but that's probably not the reality.
Proccw

Lake Saint Louis, MO

#3 Dec 18, 2012
No name wrote:
Yes, we do. That will also cost more, how many people will agree to higher taxes to do this? I'd hope everyone, but that's probably not the reality.
you are right about the taxes, how sad. But Think about it..we already have the locked doors and all middle and sr school have officers. We need to add only a few for elementary. It will cost more but is not such a huge amount.
Take action

O Fallon, MO

#4 Dec 18, 2012
I challenge every parent to contact the school board.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

O'Fallon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Neighbors draining their pool water to my back ... (Jul '10) Apr 19 CSM1 25
homeless black woman on mid rivers mall drive (Aug '11) Apr 14 SeenHer 85
Beware of Mark and Pam Hupp in O'Fallon, MO (Dec '14) Apr 10 Judy 83
car accident this afternoon on 141 (Mar '11) Apr 9 Steven 5
Kenny Ford (Kenneth)?? (Mar '15) Apr 2 Carol christian 4
stephanie michelle rufkahr Mar '16 Marcus 2
Sebastian Boyd (Oct '15) Mar '16 Watching You 17
More from around the web

Personal Finance

O'Fallon Mortgages