Homelessness in Ofallon

Homelessness in Ofallon

Posted in the O'Fallon Forum

Concerned

O Fallon, MO

#1 Aug 19, 2012
Does anyone know anyplace in Ofallon that will provide shelter for a 52year old man and his mentally disabled 18yr old son? He has checked agencies and can find no shelters out here. He lost his home to foreclosure after losing his job of almost 20years. He has an associates degree in graphic art but cannot find a job. Anyone know of anywhere he can go for shelter and or a job.?
mr perfecto

Saint Peters, MO

#2 Aug 20, 2012
McDonalds is always hiring
Oh geez

United States

#3 Aug 20, 2012
Ok, yes, someone is always hiring smart ass. Sometimes, someone needs a hand up- not hand out, hand up. There really are few resources in st Charles county for men. I'm not saying we should be helping grown men, but reality is that some just need it.
Amy

Saint Louis, MO

#4 Aug 20, 2012
Oh geez wrote:
Ok, yes, someone is always hiring smart ass. Sometimes, someone needs a hand up- not hand out, hand up. There really are few resources in st Charles county for men. I'm not saying we should be helping grown men, but reality is that some just need it.
The hotels off the outer road in Wentzville There is a charity that will help him that will pay for the room and try to get him on his feet
Oh geez

United States

#5 Aug 20, 2012
Only for a short period of time. Every little bit helps though. They try to help families first. One guy has a charity with his church- but it's a small group, little funding and he can be difficult. Hopefully someone will come up with the name.
Concerned

O Fallon, MO

#6 Aug 21, 2012
Thanks everyone. The mans name is Paul Kruse and I believe he called him this a.m.
Amy

Saint Louis, MO

#7 Aug 22, 2012
It's called first step back home

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

O'Fallon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
A nice homegrown video... 15 hr Cometstorm 1
Poll Do you sneak over to LSL to fish the lakes? (Mar '09) Apr 19 Cynthia 18
Spa winghaven... Why did they close? Apr 18 Hairy 1
anyone want to go see a movie tonight? Apr 3 Todd 1
Bar for 45 to 62 y/os (Apr '13) Apr 3 Todd 16
Is O'Fallon a safe place? (Mar '15) Apr 2 Muffin head 9
Unless You Repent ( YOU WILL DIE FOREVER) Apr 2 pennys on the dime 2

O'Fallon Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance