GBI investigates after Baxley woman k...

GBI investigates after Baxley woman killed in home invasion

There are 94 comments on the The Florida Times-Union story from Jan 7, 2013, titled GBI investigates after Baxley woman killed in home invasion. In it, The Florida Times-Union reports that:

Georgia Bureau of Investigation agents were continuing to work Monday on a reported home invasion Friday in which a Baxley woman was killed while her husband was tied up and allowed to live, the Appling County Sheriff's Office said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Florida Times-Union.

pissed

Decatur, GA

#42 Jan 9, 2013
Sounds like Anon knows a lot about this jerk that killed his wife. They must have been real close, just saying...
And the sheriff there is unbelievable. I wonder if some killed one if his family members would he let them attend visitation & funeral. Praying for Mandy's family and that precious baby.
Skynyrd Fan

Hazlehurst, GA

#43 Jan 9, 2013
I believe the trial will HAVE to be held outside of Appling Co. because of all the pretrial publicity. A change of venue will be ordered and the trial held elsewhere.
abc

Alma, GA

#44 Jan 9, 2013
Who is donna?
PHS

Jesup, GA

#45 Jan 10, 2013
abc wrote:
Who is donna?
Anybody going to answer this?

Since: Jan 13

Savannah, GA

#46 Jan 10, 2013
It's hard to believe you can be from Baxley and not know who she is. I thought she made sure people knew about her! Her name shouldn't be posted here because she has children that are up in age and they shouldn't have to be talked about because of the choices their mother has made. I'm sure they've probably already heard enough!
CCSO

Fitzgerald, GA

#47 Jan 10, 2013
He is innocent until proven guilty. No one know the details of what happend or even the cause of death or at least no one has said. If everyone knows so much then why hasn't anyone said what she died from or the what cause it. Like i said fromt he judicial point of view, there are facts to the case that are not presented and everyone is innocent until proven guilty even if you think they did it.
Brian

Woodbury, GA

#48 Jan 10, 2013
tittys, you must be an Obama communist! It must be embarrassing to have an IQ that is preceded with a decimal.
Yeah-but

Brunswick, GA

#49 Jan 10, 2013
Gossip Getter wrote:
It's hard to believe you can be from Baxley and not know who she is. I thought she made sure people knew about her! Her name shouldn't be posted here because she has children that are up in age and they shouldn't have to be talked about because of the choices their mother has made. I'm sure they've probably already heard enough!
MANY people have been affected by the negative choices made by any and all involved in this. The children of these parents are the ones who I do feel sorry for...sad for all of them, as it always is in any situation involving broken homes, broken lives.
However, IF "she" had anything to do with this, she needs to be investigated and locked up as well.
He did not act "alone", like they are saying...PLEASE! Who is a fool around here?...not Me!
It always comes to light

Atlanta, GA

#50 Jan 10, 2013
abc wrote:
Who is donna?
Maybe they are referring to Donna Barnes. Although, she is a good bit older than him. I believe ACCHS Homecoming Queen around 1993 or 1994. Either way - no where NEAR as gorgeous as Mandy. What an ass.
Deer hunter

Hartwell, GA

#51 Jan 10, 2013
Brian wrote:
tittys, you must be an Obama communist! It must be embarrassing to have an IQ that is preceded with a decimal.
. Tittys done nothing wrong, just tells it like it is !!!
concerned citizen

Jackson, GA

#52 Jan 10, 2013
b4 i say anything bad about the situation i need 2 know wat really happen as far as motives n y. i went 2 school with mandy. very sweet, quiet never bothered anyone kinda girl. you never know wat goes on n peoples lives. regardless of wat it is, noone deserves their life 2 end b4 the lord intends. i have 2 sides one is wondering did he mean 2 do it. did he care wen he was lieing 2 all forces of the law about her death. the other side couldve gotten into an argument/fight gone bad maybe he hit her or pudhed her n it hit or head or something causing instant death. thats y i think benny should not keep his motived n things he knows from our community. in order 4 him 2 b able 2 go 2 the funeral i hope it was sm accident. i have so many questions i would b an awesome investigater
Concerned One

Fort Stewart, GA

#53 Jan 10, 2013
I'm like you Concerned Citizen would like to know the info also. Only thing I know is what I was told that he was running around on her with not one but a few different girls and she found out about the one you see everyone talking about on here. I don't see him as cold blooded killer I think it was a accident but I could be wrong cause he did lie and go as far as to try and cover it up and make it look like a home invasion.So what does that tell us. We just need to set back and wait for the court to do there job. Lets just remember the family and baby in our prayers.
Concerned One

Fort Stewart, GA

#54 Jan 10, 2013
Concerned One wrote:
I'm like you Concerned Citizen would like to know the info also. Only thing I know is what I was told that he was running around on her with not one but a few different girls and she found out about the one you see everyone talking about on here. I don't see him as cold blooded killer I think it was a accident but I could be wrong cause he did lie and go as far as to try and cover it up and make it look like a home invasion.So what does that tell us. We just need to set back and wait for the court to do there job. Lets just remember the family and baby in our prayers.
Where it's true or not I did hear she was talking about getting a divorce.
curious

Warrenville, SC

#56 Jan 10, 2013
PHS wrote:
<quoted text>
Anybody going to answer this?
His lover!!
long gone frombaxley

Savannah, GA

#57 Jan 10, 2013
abc wrote:
I dont know anything abt this case. This story is not abt this case either it is just some crazy thaughts . just assume Some good ppl have plenty affairs wife caught him and warn him for divorce and u still get caught and call ur gf at 3:30 am on murder night on neighbour camara some girl come at ur house and after sometime she left u call for help and ur wife found dead
yes what do you really know abou this case. i have not seen anywhere anything has been said about outside camera's or neighbors camera's. even though i myself have said i wonder if they have gotten any footage from neighbors camera's. cause by the looks of them homes in that subdivison im sure that someone had at least one. and whats even crazier is well someone said older woman. well this one older woman who's name has been tossed out there only lived one min from him and less than a mile. ummmmmmmmm now does that get your old mind to thinking. i hope and pray that this case is not a long drawn out one that will take two or more yrs and cost the fine people of the area millions of dollars. and mr.benny sir what a dump and stupid move on your part to. kinda digging in to the kinship pool arent we. guess your sending a message out to everyone that is close or off on a branch kin. its ok you go and kill you spouse and ill let you go to the viewing and maybe the funeral. but what i read that the gov. called in and put a stop it is true then think god for him doing that. you are a very sick man to put her family through something like that. do you not have a heart. i wonder if you fine people of you county feels you should be in office after the things that you have done to this family. wonder if you could loose your job because of the stupid stunt you pulled. if i lived in that county id pray to god that someone would pull you out of office for making a call such as that. i feel sorry for this town and the community cause god only knows what else he will do when something like this happens again. seems like he is playing the game monoploy go straight to jail but hold ill give you a get off of jail card to go to the the viewing and funeral of the person you murder. rather the husband is guilty or not is under arrest for murder and he should have never left the jail. and what a lay the sheriff told saying he will be right by side me the whole time. well its been said on here that there was no cops around him at all. in fact its been said that his mother went and got him from jail and took him there and then took him back. wow good going there to. he could have been so out of his mind that he could have done something to his mother on the way there or back and then got the car and left. people i really hope yall see the true person that yall have put in office!!!!!!!!! saing a prayer for all the people of the area and for the families.
curious

Warrenville, SC

#59 Jan 10, 2013
anon wrote:
How dare you say something like that, you don't even the whole damn story, you don't know what happened. They were both in love. He would NEVER EVER do annything to harm her. I knew BOTH of them personally. Also his name's Johnathan not John you disgusting bitch. For all I care YOU can burn in hell.
Do you live in baxley or are you from baxley??
Deer hunter

Hartwell, GA

#60 Jan 11, 2013
Are there any other suspects being investigated at this time ??? Whatever happened to the people whose cell phone records were supposedly being obtained ?
Georgia

Midland, GA

#61 Jan 11, 2013
There are alot of people "talking" that do not know the facts.GBI has this case and is still investigating.A murder case takes some time to get every fact and evidence before presenting to a court and a jury of 12 people.I can assure you that they are working very hard.And to the ignorant person that thinks they dont know well I'm sure you havent been to school or much less any training for any crime scene or investigation.
just wondering

Newnan, GA

#62 Jan 12, 2013
Is there any new news? Have they released how she was killed?
riverrat

Baxley, GA

#63 Jan 12, 2013
I have not reason to comment about this murder; only that my sister and her son were killed by her husband (the son's father) many years ago. At least he had enough sense to kill himself!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Odum Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
appling county dragsters caught Jul 29 ABC 6
The Billy Crowder Case (Mar '12) Jul 28 joyce coley 102
james Patterson heating and air Jul 24 thandie 15
whitney allen (Sep '14) Jul 20 Chris Allen 13
Brandon Lamb Jul 18 Pissed off Mom 1
Nurses at Appling (Nov '14) Jul 17 Disappointed 17
Jerry Evans (Jan '11) Jul 17 jen 22
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Odum Mortgages