Edna Hutto
Skynyrd Fan

United States

#21 Sep 23, 2010
slimjim wrote:
<quoted text>
No problem with independent publishers. What is the problem Mr. Sweep everything under the rug. Very sanctimonious you are Mr. Skynyrd fan,yeah lets lock away all the people we don't like or who make us look bad. You probably would have made a good nazi back in 1939. Yes Skynyrd fan knows all, he is the moral compass for our little community.
As i told Mr. Hemingway in my posts "these people are dead and are not around to defend themselves" Neither one of you would contact Licey's nieces and nephews and say anything out of line about him!! Why get on here and act like he was Baxley's Marcell Ledbetter or Waymon C. Wannamaker? Even though Licey nor Edna were the Grand Marshall in the Christmas Parade, you have no rightful place to smear DEAD PEOPLE'S memory!!!
Skynyrd Fan

United States

#22 Sep 23, 2010
willyp wrote:
Thanks slim, I think that you hit it on the head in your appraisal of Mr. Skeenard fan. Pretty dang full of himself. I know the type, always pissed & grumbling about something.
I'm NOT always pissed and full of myself..I dare you to say just half of what you posted to these people's family's faces!!! Whoever raised you must have skipped the part about having respect for the dead!!
appling

Blackshear, GA

#23 Sep 23, 2010
Skynyrd Fan wrote:
<quoted text> This woman is long dead by @ 25 years or more, she's not around to defend herself!! Merely going by what the older fellows said about her, she was never Citizen Of The Year material!! There's is nothing to gain by talking about her or her memory, so just drop this discussion because when she was alive I never heard ANYONE say a kind word about her!!
as you quoted, she is not around to defend herself. sounds like you are judging a dead person, she has already been judged. that is gods job!!! have a good day JUDGE!!!
willyp

United States

#24 Sep 23, 2010
Well....Skynyrd fan judged my dear sweet parents who worked hard & died fairly young, "Whoever raised you must have skipped the part about having respect for the dead!!" So I reckon he had a turn at judgement & now you are taking your turn I see. You folks have got the holier than thou act down to a pat. Yes sir, "I'm Mr. Skynryd Fan & I am the protector of all, living or dead!!" Jerry Clower wrote & talked about Marcell so why don't I have the right to talk about the intersting folks I know about. I have some good memories of an ol boy named Dusty thst could worked into story form also.
Skynyrd Fan

Bristol, GA

#25 Sep 23, 2010
appling wrote:
<quoted text> as you quoted, she is not around to defend herself. sounds like you are judging a dead person, she has already been judged. that is gods job!!! have a good day JUDGE!!!
First, when you're referring to God, ALWAYS capitilize His name!!!! I simply said Edna couldn't help herself mentally, which was very true.Plus, i tried to get him to just shut up!!!
Skynyrd Fan

Bristol, GA

#26 Sep 23, 2010
willyp wrote:
Well....Skynyrd fan judged my dear sweet parents who worked hard & died fairly young, "Whoever raised you must have skipped the part about having respect for the dead!!" So I reckon he had a turn at judgement & now you are taking your turn I see. You folks have got the holier than thou act down to a pat. Yes sir, "I'm Mr. Skynryd Fan & I am the protector of all, living or dead!!" Jerry Clower wrote & talked about Marcell so why don't I have the right to talk about the intersting folks I know about. I have some good memories of an ol boy named Dusty thst could worked into story form also.
You know and I know that Edna wasn't right in the head and i simply tried to get you to just shut up about her!!! Have you NO decency about yourself? In case you're not smart enough to understand, Marcel Ledbetter wasn't even a REAL person, nor were any of his so called family!!They were "fictious" , in other words they were just made up names!!
Journey

Savannah, GA

#27 Sep 24, 2010
Dear Mr Skynard fan you need to stop acting like a self righteous piece of small town trash. You're starting to make this town look worse than Edna and Elijah EVER could...Who are you to judge that somebody isn't WORTH writing about! Do you know why Elijah was the way he was? Did you live his life and suffer his loses? Do you know for a fact that Edna was mentally challenged, or was it just the only way she could survive? My point is you don't know and it's unfortunate that people are cruel enough to make ignorant and mean comments about a woman they probably never knew unless they solicited her service. Nobody is out to defame her here. If anything it's a societal issue. You're right, prostitution is one of the oldest professions. Edna is simply a flawed human being just like YOU and just like ME. YES her story is worth exploring! YES a publishing company would probably jump all over this story. Someone should ask the hard questions about why human beings have behaved in such ways since before time. What are their motivations? What circumstances drove her to that lifestyle? Was she mentally challenged and that was all she knew? Was she raised in an abusive home where she was made to feel like that was all she was created for? You are the only one on here creating trouble. I don't believe Wilp should use her name when he writes her story out of respect for surviving family members, and I don't believe he entends to, but just because he's looking for background information on a potential writing subject, doesn't mean he has no "respect for the dead." LOL. What would happen if we swept every unsavory historical figure under the rug out of your so called "Respect for the dead" Using your logic (if you can event call it that) people shouldn't know how Hitler slaughtered thousand of inoccent people. At this point, I have more respect for Edna than I do you and your judgemental condemnation of people who you have decided are social misfits. Perhaps if people like you would start loving people instead of writing them off as unfit for society there would be less people in Edna's circumstance in the world. You ever hear of a little story about a woman at the well? I hope you learn something from this.
Journey

Savannah, GA

#28 Sep 24, 2010
Isn't it ironic that the person on here that is trying to so called "defend Edna" is the only person on here that has said ANYTHING negative about her. Just an observation. Oh, and I think the person thats judging her needs to take his own 3rd grade advice and "shut-up". Have a good day all :)
willyp

White House, TN

#29 Sep 24, 2010
Journey wrote:
Isn't it ironic that the person on here that is trying to so called "defend Edna" is the only person on here that has said ANYTHING negative about her. Just an observation. Oh, and I think the person thats judging her needs to take his own 3rd grade advice and "shut-up". Have a good day all :)
You are right, I shouldn't have ever used any last names & in my writing I would never use any last names. All I ever wanted was some background info to help bring to life some of the factors & reasons for these peoples circumstances in life. They lived, they breathed & I'm going to write about them. It will take some time & if someone doesn't like it they won't read it.
willyp

White House, TN

#30 Sep 24, 2010
appling wrote:
<quoted text> as you quoted, she is not around to defend herself. sounds like you are judging a dead person, she has already been judged. that is gods job!!! have a good day JUDGE!!!
I'm sorry appling, I thought you were directing this at me but I see now that you weren't. I'm not out to judge anyone & I actually have a good deal of sympathy for these people but at the same time I feel a fascination for the stories of their lives. I don't think that that Ms.Edna was necessarily "off in the head". as Mr. Skynyrd fan says, she was probably a victim of circumstances. I guess Mr. Skynrd thinks you are going to hell because you didn't capitalize God. I guess he is an expert on these things along with everything else. Have a good life.
Skynyrd Fan

United States

#31 Sep 24, 2010
Journey wrote:
Dear Mr Skynard fan you need to stop acting like a self righteous piece of small town trash. You're starting to make this town look worse than Edna and Elijah EVER could...Who are you to judge that somebody isn't WORTH writing about! Do you know why Elijah was the way he was? Did you live his life and suffer his loses? Do you know for a fact that Edna was mentally challenged, or was it just the only way she could survive? My point is you don't know and it's unfortunate that people are cruel enough to make ignorant and mean comments about a woman they probably never knew unless they solicited her service. Nobody is out to defame her here. If anything it's a societal issue. You're right, prostitution is one of the oldest professions. Edna is simply a flawed human being just like YOU and just like ME. YES her story is worth exploring! YES a publishing company would probably jump all over this story. Someone should ask the hard questions about why human beings have behaved in such ways since before time. What are their motivations? What circumstances drove her to that lifestyle? Was she mentally challenged and that was all she knew? Was she raised in an abusive home where she was made to feel like that was all she was created for? You are the only one on here creating trouble. I don't believe Wilp should use her name when he writes her story out of respect for surviving family members, and I don't believe he entends to, but just because he's looking for background information on a potential writing subject, doesn't mean he has no "respect for the dead." LOL. What would happen if we swept every unsavory historical figure under the rug out of your so called "Respect for the dead" Using your logic (if you can event call it that) people shouldn't know how Hitler slaughtered thousand of inoccent people. At this point, I have more respect for Edna than I do you and your judgemental condemnation of people who you have decided are social misfits. Perhaps if people like you would start loving people instead of writing them off as unfit for society there would be less people in Edna's circumstance in the world. You ever hear of a little story about a woman at the well? I hope you learn something from this.
Licey was the way he was because he CHOSE to be a DRUNK and a NUISANCE!!! I knew him and he was ALL THE TIME acting stupid!! After so many years of drinking it started rotting his brain!! Many times he'd tried to bum money from people, try to get them to give him a ride or let him have a swallow of their drink!! Licey was the TOTAL blame for why he lived like he did, no one twisted his arm and forced the booze down his throat!!! No, i never actually met Edna but from what EVERYONE said everything i've said about her is TRUE!! I would never get close enough to find out!! In many countries women like that are put to death!! Where in the bible do you find where a prostitute is uplifted and blessed?
willyp

White House, TN

#32 Sep 24, 2010
I'm sorry I didn't realize you were a muslim: "In many countries women like that are put to death!!" sounds like islamic sharia law to me Abdul. Yeah, the law should have dragged the poor old soul out of her house & shot her in the back of the head. Kill them all, God will sort them out!! Hell yeah!! If you don't like em kill em!! I don't give a rip as to weather anybody forced Mr. E. to drink or not, that is not the point. He lived & he has a story, besides that he is just one of many little stories from our community. I am working stories on many more colorful rascals from around here. Do you beat your wife? If you approve of women being put to death you probably don't mind whacking them up side the head every now & then.
Skynyrd Fan

United States

#33 Sep 25, 2010
willyp wrote:
I'm sorry I didn't realize you were a muslim: "In many countries women like that are put to death!!" sounds like islamic sharia law to me Abdul. Yeah, the law should have dragged the poor old soul out of her house & shot her in the back of the head. Kill them all, God will sort them out!! Hell yeah!! If you don't like em kill em!! I don't give a rip as to weather anybody forced Mr. E. to drink or not, that is not the point. He lived & he has a story, besides that he is just one of many little stories from our community. I am working stories on many more colorful rascals from around here. Do you beat your wife? If you approve of women being put to death you probably don't mind whacking them up side the head every now & then.
I'm NOT a muslim, i don't believe in battering women either!!Ever think while Licey was laid up in jail how much it was really costing the taxpayers? No, i don't beat my wife- ladies were made to love on, not beat on!!! So, be a Freebird and go out to California and get a job Workin For MCA sweeping floors, because You Have That Right to kiss my grits!!! Because to me, you ARE - THAT SMELL and you're only here trying to give folks Double Trouble!!
Yeller Jacket

Rincon, GA

#34 Sep 25, 2010
asdf wrote:
Have you tried calling her descendants and/or extended family? There are many Huttos in Baxley still. Normally if you ask anything on this site, Skynyrd Fan or Yeller jacket will turn the thread into an attack against anything, so your best bet is to look in the phonebook, go to the heritage center, or see if the courthouse has any records pertaining to her.
No, I'm not getting into this one:
Good stories though:
willyp

Memphis, TN

#35 Sep 25, 2010
Skynyrd Fan wrote:
<quoted text>I'm NOT a muslim, i don't believe in battering women either!!Ever think while Licey was laid up in jail how much it was really costing the taxpayers? No, i don't beat my wife- ladies were made to love on, not beat on!!! So, be a Freebird and go out to California and get a job Workin For MCA sweeping floors, because You Have That Right to kiss my grits!!! Because to me, you ARE - THAT SMELL and you're only here trying to give folks Double Trouble!!
You really do like Skeenerd don't you. You don't believe in battering women but I reckon you believe in killing them if they are prostitutes. You are starting to bore me & you are no fun anymore. It's always that way when dealing with limited mentality.
Quick

Savannah, GA

#36 Sep 25, 2010
willyp wrote:
It would never fail, after the local drive in theatre ran their Saturday night skin flick, deperately aroused local boys would head to the little house with the red light in the window near the end of Tippins street to relieve their
carnel urges. It was not unusual to find a row of cars parked on the side of the street with good ol boys awaiting their turn. Sad to say but many of these ol boys had no girl friends or lovers, leaving them with little alternative than to visit the notorious little house on Tippins Street. Three dollars was a bargain even in those days and afterwards there would be the usual excuses of having no choices in the matter, "I had to do sumthin about it!" was a typical response to ribbing from their buddies. Undoubtably, little regard was givin to the poor old soul who relieved their frustrations......
Well at least Edna made $3.00 per-session. There are so many whore's in Appling County just giving it away for free. Mr. Skynard maybe your so upset because Edna did not want your little thing even when you offered her $5.00 -She was not crazy in the head, she was a business woman.
Quick

Savannah, GA

#37 Sep 25, 2010
Skynyrd Fan wrote:
<quoted text> I'm NOT always pissed and full of myself..I dare you to say just half of what you posted to these people's family's faces!!! Whoever raised you must have skipped the part about having respect for the dead!!
Skynard was Edna your mother?, sister?, girlfriend? Cousin? or just a friend? You really get upset when someone is just asking a question.
willyp

Memphis, TN

#38 Sep 25, 2010
Edna reached over and ran her fingers through Skynyrd's hair as he told her how he had
come to find her the only woman that he really cared for in this world. With a bit of a tear in her eyes she looked at him and said softly, "Skynyrd....you only think you love me...can't you see that it is just your lust for me that is guiding your feelings and what you are saying to me ?" Skynerd turned his head quickly to hide the tears that sprung almost instanly from his eyes upon hearing this from the woman he loved so much. "Baby I'm sorry, I'm so sorry, but this can't work, it just can't work." Skynyrd stood up slowly from the bed that had been his scene of almost constant love making for the past week and reached for the door. "You don't have to leave, Skynyrd...just stay the rest of the night with me and lets go out on a high note, you know I would love to make
you feel special one more time...c'mon baby, one more time for old times sake." Skynyrd suddenly found himself drained of all logic as he turned toward the woman he longed for.
Skynyrd looked at her rising passion and said "Okay baby, one more time for old times sake" as he turned out the red light in the little window and fell into Edna's loving arms......
willyp

Memphis, TN

#39 Sep 26, 2010
Yeller Jacket wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I'm not getting into this one:
Good stories though:
I don't blame you but always remember, Dirt roads are just fine & so is a bottle of wine.......
Yeller Jacket

Milan, GA

#40 Sep 26, 2010
Well I'll be damned:
Never saw that one:

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Odum Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Just out of curiosity... Fri WonderingWhy 1
News Stanley Williams appointed as Warden at Smith S... (May '11) Fri Yellow rose 11
Scum of the Earth thieves (Apr '12) Oct 19 Wherever 11
Chris allen (Mar '17) Oct 16 Timmy 116
Seeking an man named Deuce who lived in Jesup G... (Jun '13) Oct 10 Cherryfoxx56 3
Shooting by Appling County Sheriff Oct 5 clxpert 1
Bass at it again Oct 2 Tell Me 5

Odum Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Odum Mortgages