Sheriff Poll: Who will you vote for?

Sheriff Poll: Who will you vote for?

Created by BaxleyPolitics on Apr 18, 2012

2,397 votes

Click on an option to vote

Benny Deloach

Matt Rushing

Jamie Dyal

Terry Johnson

Eldon Carter

Skynyrd Fan

Baxley, GA

#263 Jun 24, 2012
Gator wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you needed to speak to his as one man to another. Everything, I have seen out of you on here. Tells me someone never took the time to teach you how to man up.
I am more MAN on accident than you will ever be on purpose!! I DID speak to him man to man and instead of apoligizing to me he wanted to laugh it off. If it had been election year things might've been different out of him."SINGS" Come August, It'll be alright, come august we'll be out of this plight,We've spent 12 senseless years and we just want another sheriff in sight!!
Gator

Jesup, GA

#264 Jun 25, 2012
Skynyrd Fan wrote:
<quoted text> I am more MAN on accident than you will ever be on purpose!! I DID speak to him man to man and instead of apoligizing to me he wanted to laugh it off. If it had been election year things might've been different out of him."SINGS" Come August, It'll be alright, come august we'll be out of this plight,We've spent 12 senseless years and we just want another sheriff in sight!!
Well you finally figured out you should have been discussing it with the chief of police. As far as being a man. Anyone that would get on here and sing a song as nasty as you put on here about any woman. Tells me that the kind of man you are. Is not one, I would want to BE or even BE around. That proved to me that your tennis shoes could never fill my boots. As far as the sheriff. Win or loose he is still a good man. He loves the Lord, his family and the community and yes he would probably pray for the likes of you too. I bet the song he will be singing. Will never be as filthy as what comes out of your mouth. We will just have to wait and see.
BaxleyMom

Jonesboro, GA

#265 Jun 26, 2012
I have been reading these posts for some months now and wasn't going to say anything but I simply can't hold my tongue any longer. Benny Deloach is a sorry excuse for a Sheriff, he is more concerned with driving around in his car, that proudly says "paid for by local drug dealers" than he is keeping child molesters where they belong, behind bars!!! But then again why would he keep them behind bars when he helps them get out on bond and then after they do the time that they do get sentenced, he helps get them a job within his family!! To me that says he supports child molesters!! He will never get my vote or anyone else in my family!!! And by the way, this is not hear say.....I know this for a fact!!!!
Skynyrd Fan

Baxley, GA

#266 Jun 26, 2012
Gator wrote:
<quoted text>
Well you finally figured out you should have been discussing it with the chief of police. As far as being a man. Anyone that would get on here and sing a song as nasty as you put on here about any woman. Tells me that the kind of man you are. Is not one, I would want to BE or even BE around. That proved to me that your tennis shoes could never fill my boots. As far as the sheriff. Win or loose he is still a good man. He loves the Lord, his family and the community and yes he would probably pray for the likes of you too. I bet the song he will be singing. Will never be as filthy as what comes out of your mouth. We will just have to wait and see.
No, the COUNTY pulled me over, not the city..I wanted Benny to rise to the occasion and explain to me just how some could get by with something and others couldn't. The city P.D. had NOTHING to do with what i'm talking about.Benny could NOT give an acceptable explanation to me, so therefore he won't get my vote.No need in waiting till election time and trying to kiss up to people when the incumbent is too lapse during the term.What's this story about that when benny was a state trooper he put a black guy in the trunk of his patrol car? I've had countless black people mention this SAME story time and again. A man who loves the Lord would NOT violate another person's civil rights. Plus, I've been told that his deputies were known to set up road blocks down from churches on sunday mornings to catch the people going to those churches!! A man told me it happened to him and that man just doesn't lie. That isn't the least bit funny and anyone who ordered it or had a hand in it will wish they had told the sheriff..You can fire me if you want, but i'm NOT going to do that!! I saw a picture of benny in the paper a few weeks back and he looked like he was about to fall over. He's 70 plus years old, can he physically chase an escapee down?..i thought a cop had to be in good enough shape to keep their job!! I bet if benny told you that he was a catholic rabbi you'd believe him!!
Gator

Jesup, GA

#267 Jun 26, 2012
Skynyrd Fan wrote:
<quoted text>No, the COUNTY pulled me over, not the city..I wanted Benny to rise to the occasion and explain to me just how some could get by with something and others couldn't. The city P.D. had NOTHING to do with what i'm talking about.Benny could NOT give an acceptable explanation to me, so therefore he won't get my vote.No need in waiting till election time and trying to kiss up to people when the incumbent is too lapse during the term.What's this story about that when benny was a state trooper he put a black guy in the trunk of his patrol car? I've had countless black people mention this SAME story time and again. A man who loves the Lord would NOT violate another person's civil rights. Plus, I've been told that his deputies were known to set up road blocks down from churches on sunday mornings to catch the people going to those churches!! A man told me it happened to him and that man just doesn't lie. That isn't the least bit funny and anyone who ordered it or had a hand in it will wish they had told the sheriff..You can fire me if you want, but i'm NOT going to do that!! I saw a picture of benny in the paper a few weeks back and he looked like he was about to fall over. He's 70 plus years old, can he physically chase an escapee down?..i thought a cop had to be in good enough shape to keep their job!! I bet if benny told you that he was a catholic rabbi you'd believe him!!
Well Skin-nard. I know it was the county that pulled you over. You were in the county. Now, I know the whole story. You got a ticket. You didn't mention that one.Hmm, I am beginning to understand you hatred towards the sheriff. As far as the man. I think he fell in a septic tank and I know race had anything to do with it. As far as the road blocks down from churches. That one is a lie and I don't care who told it. You are just drawing straws and thats all you got. Maybe Mr. Benny is not 16 years old. But, I bet you couldn't hold a light to him. Ever heard the saying skin-nard. You got to work smarter not harder. Well there is a lots of knowledge in that head he has on his shoulders. You could only wish to have half of it. Well a fourth would make you a genius...lol. I bet if, I saw you. Mr. Benny would look like Rambo. Just because you hate the fact that he is a christian man. That is your problem. Lord don't like ugly and I bet he cried when he saw you.
Skynyrd Fan

Baxley, GA

#268 Jun 26, 2012
Gator wrote:
<quoted text>
Well Skin-nard. I know it was the county that pulled you over. You were in the county. Now, I know the whole story. You got a ticket. You didn't mention that one.Hmm, I am beginning to understand you hatred towards the sheriff. As far as the man. I think he fell in a septic tank and I know race had anything to do with it. As far as the road blocks down from churches. That one is a lie and I don't care who told it. You are just drawing straws and thats all you got. Maybe Mr. Benny is not 16 years old. But, I bet you couldn't hold a light to him. Ever heard the saying skin-nard. You got to work smarter not harder. Well there is a lots of knowledge in that head he has on his shoulders. You could only wish to have half of it. Well a fourth would make you a genius...lol. I bet if, I saw you. Mr. Benny would look like Rambo. Just because you hate the fact that he is a christian man. That is your problem. Lord don't like ugly and I bet he cried when he saw you.
No, i didn't get a ticket at ALL, the little coon dog deputy thought they had a sure thing when they had nothing!!No ticket, No warnings either!! You're not beginning to understand much of nothing, your reading skills are substandard plus,your spelling stinks too!!I don't think you'd call the man who told me about the church road blocks a lie because you'd need a nose and oral surgeon to rebuild your nose and mouth!! truth be known i bet you're one of those trustees who get points and time off for brown nosing. But, the question is: DO YOU VOTE? If not, you're just dead wood...that would be a great new name for you..Dead Wood...only good to build a fire with.Wipe that brown stuff off your nose and don't try to say it's paint neither!!! When the Lord was passing out looks, you thought he said ...looks...and you asked Him for a funny one!!
nexto

United States

#269 Jun 27, 2012
Will not be Johnson or Dyal. I think they should have some law enforcement under the belt before they become sheriff. Probably Matt Rushing
Gator

Hagan, GA

#270 Jun 27, 2012
Skynyrd Fan wrote:
<quoted text> No, i didn't get a ticket at ALL, the little coon dog deputy thought they had a sure thing when they had nothing!!No ticket, No warnings either!! You're not beginning to understand much of nothing, your reading skills are substandard plus,your spelling stinks too!!I don't think you'd call the man who told me about the church road blocks a lie because you'd need a nose and oral surgeon to rebuild your nose and mouth!! truth be known i bet you're one of those trustees who get points and time off for brown nosing. But, the question is: DO YOU VOTE? If not, you're just dead wood...that would be a great new name for you..Dead Wood...only good to build a fire with.Wipe that brown stuff off your nose and don't try to say it's paint neither!!! When the Lord was passing out looks, you thought he said ...looks...and you asked Him for a funny one!!
Oh Lord skin-nard you can't come up with your own ideas. You got to try to use mine. Use your head for something besides a coat rack. If your man from church would bust me in the mouth. Hate to see what kind of church he is attending. Probably the same one you attend. That would be nothing...lol. We all know where your dead wood is....lol. As far as being able to vote. I am legal and will be there. You have to be kin to sophie...lol. The two of you sound a lots a like. Both names start with a S. Yep thats it. Was she your teacher...lol So, I know who you are. See you later alligator...lol.
not-not-

Hagan, GA

#271 Jun 27, 2012
I have been really thinking this one over. If you were the dare officer for the police dept. for years. You worked with the youth to stop drugs.Then there should be no drug problem in the city... right? Dare officer for years.... Campaign says stop drugs for kids. Well if you had years and did nothing. Then how can they stop them if you are sheriff. Seems kind of funny to me.
missinformed

Blackshear, GA

#272 Jun 28, 2012
nexto wrote:
Will not be Johnson or Dyal. I think they should have some law enforcement under the belt before they become sheriff. Probably Matt Rushing
Johnson has 25+ years retired Homicide Detective a couple of years ago. Plus he has a Bachelor Degree in Criminal Justice and Master Degree in Psychology. You need to look at his experience. He is more qualified than Deloach or any other candidate.

Terry Johnson

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Elect-Terry-Joh...
voter

Baxley, GA

#273 Jun 28, 2012
Mr. Deloach has worked in law enforcement all his life. He is dedicated to the community as a whole. He is also a family man and a Christian. I think this is what has worked for the county for some years now and would continue to be the right choice for the community. Not only does he have on the job training which is good. But he also has compassion for the community as a whole. He has helped to implement lots of programs for youth in trouble. Training is a great thing to have. But, I believe you need the compassion to go with it. I will be supporting Sheriff Deloach. If it ain't broke. Don't fix it.
bill

Savannah, GA

#274 Jun 28, 2012
voter wrote:
Mr. Deloach has worked in law enforcement all his life. He is dedicated to the community as a whole. He is also a family man and a Christian. I think this is what has worked for the county for some years now and would continue to be the right choice for the community. Not only does he have on the job training which is good. But he also has compassion for the community as a whole. He has helped to implement lots of programs for youth in trouble. Training is a great thing to have. But, I believe you need the compassion to go with it. I will be supporting Sheriff Deloach. If it ain't broke. Don't fix it.
weneed a sheriff that can stay awake while court is in session
and not on the verge of going to the nursing home......
voter

Baxley, GA

#275 Jun 28, 2012
bill wrote:
<quoted text>
weneed a sheriff that can stay awake while court is in session
and not on the verge of going to the nursing home......
Well Bill do you work for the court system? That couldn't be Mr. Deloach. Have been there a number of times and he was wide a wake. There is more knowledge in that head than you could ever pray for. Thats what makes him a step a-- Head of the rest. Experience and Knowledge. What does your man have to bring to the table? Knowledge is worth more than all they are selling. So tell me Bill. Compassion goes a long ways also. All, I have heard is they can do. Well the Sheriff has already proven what they want to. As, I said before if it ain't broke.....don't fix it!!!!!!!
bill

Savannah, GA

#276 Jun 28, 2012
voter wrote:
<quoted text>
Well Bill do you work for the court system? That couldn't be Mr. Deloach. Have been there a number of times and he was wide a wake. There is more knowledge in that head than you could ever pray for. Thats what makes him a step a-- Head of the rest. Experience and Knowledge. What does your man have to bring to the table? Knowledge is worth more than all they are selling. So tell me Bill. Compassion goes a long ways also. All, I have heard is they can do. Well the Sheriff has already proven what they want to. As, I said before if it ain't broke.....don't fix it!!!!!!!
no ,but you need to go for an afternoon session before you call someone
a liar. its called dementia setting in.....
eyesopened

Blackshear, GA

#277 Jun 28, 2012
voter wrote:
Mr. Deloach has worked in law enforcement all his life. He is dedicated to the community as a whole. He is also a family man and a Christian. I think this is what has worked for the county for some years now and would continue to be the right choice for the community. Not only does he have on the job training which is good. But he also has compassion for the community as a whole. He has helped to implement lots of programs for youth in trouble. Training is a great thing to have. But, I believe you need the compassion to go with it. I will be supporting Sheriff Deloach. If it ain't broke. Don't fix it.
If it ain't broke don't fix it? Are you kidding me? Ain't isn't even a word, and that's the slogan you choose to go with. I can see that Sheriff Deloach is a "Brain Surgeon". I see education is running rampant in the sheriff's office. We all can improve, fix and continue education in all our Public Offices.

You can't be that pompous, arrogant and self righteous to think your running a perfect public office. I am tired of hearing his campaign say he has morals, beliefs & and a good heart. That is insulting too all the other candidates that have the same. It is passive aggressive and that always annoys me.

It's tired and old. Does he know it is 2012? Two words "Term Limits".

"Don't pee on me and tell me it's raining"

If anyone attending the candidates forum; can you post your thoughts and opinions of what happened with the candidates tonight?
voter

Baxley, GA

#278 Jun 28, 2012
eyesopened wrote:
<quoted text>
If it ain't broke don't fix it? Are you kidding me? Ain't isn't even a word, and that's the slogan you choose to go with. I can see that Sheriff Deloach is a "Brain Surgeon". I see education is running rampant in the sheriff's office. We all can improve, fix and continue education in all our Public Offices.
You can't be that pompous, arrogant and self righteous to think your running a perfect public office. I am tired of hearing his campaign say he has morals, beliefs & and a good heart. That is insulting too all the other candidates that have the same. It is passive aggressive and that always annoys me.
It's tired and old. Does he know it is 2012? Two words "Term Limits".
"Don't pee on me and tell me it's raining"
If anyone attending the candidates forum; can you post your thoughts and opinions of what happened with the candidates tonight?
Had no intentions of peeing on you and no NO IT IS NOT raining. Does the fact that he has morals bother you? Does the fact that he has been married to the same woman bother you? Does the fact that he is a man of God bother you? I never said, he was a brain surgeon. You said that. But he is a smart man. As far as the ain't word sorry that offends you. Seems anything to do with the sheriff offends you. Wonder who you are supporting. Guess no one with the same morals as the sheriff and yes if it AIN'T broke don't fix it.
voter

Baxley, GA

#279 Jun 28, 2012
bill wrote:
<quoted text>
no ,but you need to go for an afternoon session before you call someone
a liar. its called dementia setting in.....
That would be your dementia bill. I never called you a liar. You called yourself a liar. I rest my case.
Madge

Claxton, GA

#280 Jun 28, 2012
At the forum tonight, I decided that all the people running are "good Christians." And why wouldn't they be here in the Bible Belt where attending church is so important.
voter

Baxley, GA

#281 Jun 28, 2012
Madge wrote:
At the forum tonight, I decided that all the people running are "good Christians." And why wouldn't they be here in the Bible Belt where attending church is so important.
Madge can you tell me how many years each of them have been attending church and how many got religion after throwing their hats in the ring to run for sheriff? Just wondering.
Madge

Claxton, GA

#282 Jun 29, 2012
Well, I don't know, but I do know that lots of people around here hide under the umbrellas of "good Christians." Just 'cause you tell me that someone is a good Christian man doesn't make him good sheriff material.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Odum Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
appling county dragsters caught Jul 29 ABC 6
The Billy Crowder Case (Mar '12) Jul 28 joyce coley 102
james Patterson heating and air Jul 24 thandie 15
whitney allen (Sep '14) Jul 20 Chris Allen 13
Brandon Lamb Jul 18 Pissed off Mom 1
Nurses at Appling (Nov '14) Jul 17 Disappointed 17
Jerry Evans (Jan '11) Jul 17 jen 22
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Odum Mortgages