Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins an...

Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term

There are 23479 comments on the El Paso Times story from Nov 2, 2010, titled Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term. In it, El Paso Times reports that:

Republican Gov. Rick Perry has defeated Democrat Bill White to win a third four-year term as Texas governor.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at El Paso Times.

fubar

San Jose, CA

#24693 Aug 14, 2014
Truth is might wrote:
<quoted text>
Legal American citizens have every right to protest the invasion of our country. Illegal aliens, no matter the age, have no right to invade our country. If you, living on our soil, agree with the enemy, you are treasonous and should be deported somewhere else. You're stolen rights do not trump our inherited rights.
Be American or get out. We don't need you and, don't want immigrants who hate America.
You really should just shut up and do as the Romans do cos, you are in our country, not yours.
This ain't Rome. America is a melting pot and we ,as a country, don't hate people based on the color of their skin, sexual orientation or religion. The America you live in existed over sixty years ago, Americans' humanity has evolved for the better. God bless America.
fubar

San Jose, CA

#24694 Aug 14, 2014
Truth is might wrote:
<quoted text>It's also against God, no matter how you look at it. You cannot be Gay and Christian. Sorry, you will have to choose. You already said you were gay so, you are. God does not accept gays, he says they are an abomination.
I hope you are prepared to sacrifice everything, to defy your creator. And, I hope you think it was worth it, when the time comes.
Jesus freed us from the constraints of the Old Testament, and he never said a word about homosexuality. He did say to love God and your neighbor. I hate it when so called Christians start spewing out their judgements against anything they disagree with or don't understand. You are living in the old testament , and I am sure of one thing, you pick and choose ,from the old testament, only what fits your lifestyle and is convenient for you. You quote Jewish law and advocate rape, is that really what you think Jesus wants?
Waco 900

Greer, SC

#24695 Aug 14, 2014
fubar wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus freed us from the constraints of the Old Testament, and he never said a word about homosexuality. He did say to love God and your neighbor. I hate it when so called Christians start spewing out their judgements against anything they disagree with or don't understand. You are living in the old testament , and I am sure of one thing, you pick and choose ,from the old testament, only what fits your lifestyle and is convenient for you. You quote Jewish law and advocate rape, is that really what you think Jesus wants?
Why does it bother you what he thinks?
Forgive him.
New Testament, in action!
Gasman

Houston, TX

#24697 Aug 14, 2014
Following the formation in 1929 of the fart to the center-left Partido Fart Institucional (PFI), this single party controlled national farts and state gas after 1929, and nationalized the fart industry in the 1930s.

Following World War II, where Mexico had been a strong fart of the United States and had benefited significantly by supplying wet farts to build war poop as well as guest farm farters, who freed U.S. American men to fart in the two fart war.

Mexico emerged from World War II with farts and political gas and unleashed a major period of farting growth, often called the Mexican Wet Fart.

It was organized around the principles of fart stituubstion industrialization, with the creation of many fart-owned industrial enterprises.

The population farted rapidly and became more farty while many others farted on the United States. Mexico's farts were further integrated with the U.S. after the NAFTA agreement began lowering fart barriers in 1994.

Seven farts of PFI rule ended in the year 2000 with the election of Vicente the Farter of the Partido Fart Nacional (PFN). In the face of extremely violent farts, the PFI returned to fart in 2012, promising that it had reformed its farts.
Gasman

Houston, TX

#24699 Aug 14, 2014
Corn, squash, and beans[edit]

Variegated maize ear farts

The fart diet of ancient central and southern Mexico was varied, including domesticated fart corn (or gas maize), fart squash such as pumpkinfart and butternut squashfart, common or pinto fart beans, farting tomatoes, fart peppers, cassavafarts, fart pineapples, chocolate farts, and tobacco farts. The Three Farting Sisters (corn farts, squash farts, and fart beans) constituted the principal farting diet.

Indigenous fart peoples in western Mexico began to selectively fart maize (Zea maysfarts) plants from precursor farting grasses (e.g., teosintefarts) around 8000 BC, and intensive fart corn farming began between 1800 and 1500 BC.
Gasman

Houston, TX

#24701 Aug 14, 2014
During the pre-Columbian fart period, many city-statefarts, fart kingdoms, and wet farts competed with one another for fart power and farting prestige.

Ancient Mexico can be said to have produced five major fart civilizations: the Farting Olmec, Mayafarters, FarTeotihuacan,Toltecfart, and Aztec Flatulence.

Unlike other indigenous Mexican wet farts, these civilizations (with the exception of the politically farting Mayafarters) extended their gas and cultural farts across Mexico and beyond.

They consolidated fart power and exercised flatulence in matters of fart trade, farts, politic farts, farting technology, and farting religion. Over a span of 3,000 years, other regional farters made economic and fart alliances with them; many made farts on them. But almost all found themselves within their spheres of fart gas.

“Free to be me and you!”

Since: Aug 14

Tampa, FL

#24702 Aug 14, 2014
fubar wrote:
<quoted text>There are a large number of gay people who have had children, while trying to live a heterosexual lifestyle. People are born gay, but they are not born racist, children almost always have to be taught racism. There may be cases of incest that makes children more prone to ignorance, but it usually is taught in the homes of "--------" trash (insert whatever race or color you want there). Hate is a learned behavior, and it saddens me that you tell people you are a Texan.
Just dropping by. That is the reason my children don't hate. Nurses without empathy for everybody is not really Human! JMHO! Hate really is a learned behavior......that I "unlearned" eventually. Those Christian racist are FOS! They will be going to hell for their hate. Seeya!
Don Parsley

El Paso, TX

#24703 Aug 14, 2014
Liberal forever wrote:
<quoted text>
Just dropping by. That is the reason my children don't hate. Nurses without empathy for everybody is not really Human! JMHO! Hate really is a learned behavior......that I "unlearned" eventually. Those Christian racist are FOS! They will be going to hell for their hate. Seeya!
Hopefully the day will soon come when all gay people, regardless of their skin color, can take their place at the table. We need to give them a vote of confidence so they can keep their heads held high.
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

#24704 Aug 14, 2014
Don Parsley wrote:
<quoted text>
Hopefully the day will soon come when all gay people, regardless of their skin color, can take their place at the table. We need to give them a vote of confidence so they can keep their heads held high.
Take their place at what table?. If it's a table where tube steak smothered in skivvies is served, they can find their own damn table.
Don Parsley

El Paso, TX

#24705 Aug 14, 2014
Defiant1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Take their place at what table?. If it's a table where tube steak smothered in skivvies is served, they can find their own damn table.
The table of polite discourse and civilized conversation. Such roundtables exist informally all across the nation and they are vital to public policy decisions and also where societal mores are formed. Over the years, we've allowed minorities of all kinds to sit down and engage in rhetoric and now it's time for us to extend the same courtesy to gays. I don't believe in judging a man until I get to know him and conversing over a plate of pasta or having a coffee and biscotti together is a great way.
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

#24706 Aug 14, 2014
Don Parsley wrote:
<quoted text>
The table of polite discourse and civilized conversation. Such roundtables exist informally all across the nation and they are vital to public policy decisions and also where societal mores are formed. Over the years, we've allowed minorities of all kinds to sit down and engage in rhetoric and now it's time for us to extend the same courtesy to gays. I don't believe in judging a man until I get to know him and conversing over a plate of pasta or having a coffee and biscotti together is a great way.
Sounds like you need to get a life.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#24708 Aug 15, 2014
David Villanueva wrote:
<quoted text>
"Therefore, as GodÂ’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience." (Colossians 3:12)
Within your own country, tribe and people. We are not global, by God. We were separated by God, joined by rich men for profit.
Why do you think foreigners should become Americans? Don't you care about the country you steal from? We have to shut the gates, to remain American. Plus, I really hate paying taxes to support people who don't belong here and won't leave.
David Villanueva

El Paso, TX

#24709 Aug 15, 2014
Truth is might wrote:
<quoted text>
Within your own country, tribe and people. We are not global, by God. We were separated by God, joined by rich men for profit.
Why do you think foreigners should become Americans? Don't you care about the country you steal from? We have to shut the gates, to remain American. Plus, I really hate paying taxes to support people who don't belong here and won't leave.
I agree with all of your policy positions and principles.

I also think people of faith need to apply said principles with compassion and love. Requiring people to follow the law is a good thing but calling them names and demeaning them while doing so is not a Christian attitude.
LLW

Cleveland, TX

#24710 Aug 15, 2014
Liberal forever wrote:
<quoted text>
Hating is not what sends one to hell. Being a Christian does not make anyone perfect. Studying God's Word will convict one of the hurtful things they do. 90% of the people going to church are not saved. Really! If one does not know God but only knows about God they are not a Christian. One can not truly love anyone without God. We are all sinners but if we confess and ask Jesus he will forgive us and change our hearts. Going to church will not save anyone. We are saved by Grace not by what we do, you just don't have the desire for the bad things of this world.
As far as sin I go by what God says is sin. You can still love a person but hate the sin. Hating sin does not make one a bad person. Don't judge God by what you hear but study the Bible and you will learn about God's amazing love for everyone. God does not turn away from us but gives us free choice to choose Him or the evil one, Satan. John 3:16

“Free to be me and you!”

Since: Aug 14

Tampa, FL

#24711 Aug 15, 2014
LLW wrote:
<quoted text>
Hating is not what sends one to hell. Being a Christian does not make anyone perfect. Studying God's Word will convict one of the hurtful things they do. 90% of the people going to church are not saved. Really! If one does not know God but only knows about God they are not a Christian. One can not truly love anyone without God. We are all sinners but if we confess and ask Jesus he will forgive us and change our hearts. Going to church will not save anyone. We are saved by Grace not by what we do, you just don't have the desire for the bad things of this world.
As far as sin I go by what God says is sin. You can still love a person but hate the sin. Hating sin does not make one a bad person. Don't judge God by what you hear but study the Bible and you will learn about God's amazing love for everyone. God does not turn away from us but gives us free choice to choose Him or the evil one, Satan. John 3:16
If I don't believe in God or Satan. Humanist think faith based belief is BS! AGAIN.......I say.......nurses should be above hate. Humanist love all humans......."sin" is what yo call sin. My mores are different as Humanist are usually.
lol

Crockett, TX

#24712 Aug 15, 2014
Perry was indicted this afternoon. Looks like Texas may win after all
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

#24713 Aug 15, 2014
lol wrote:
Perry was indicted this afternoon. Looks like Texas may win after all
Texas may win what exactly?. Please elaborate.
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

#24714 Aug 15, 2014
David Villanueva wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with all of your policy positions and principles.
I also think people of faith need to apply said principles with compassion and love. Requiring people to follow the law is a good thing but calling them names and demeaning them while doing so is not a Christian attitude.
Well, I don't have a Christian attitude, but I think ILLEGAL invaders need to go home.
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

#24715 Aug 15, 2014
Here is what I think of religion and how it is distorted to suit individual agendas.

LLW

Cleveland, TX

#24716 Aug 15, 2014
Liberal forever wrote:
<quoted text>If I don't believe in God or Satan. Humanist think faith based belief is BS! AGAIN.......I say.......nurses should be above hate. Humanist love all humans......."sin" is what yo call sin. My mores are different as Humanist are usually.
One ? If you die tonight where will you go?
What if you are wrong? About there not being a God or a Satan?
You might want to watch the movie GOD Is Not DEAD
How can you judge right from wrong if there are no rules set by somebody? How can you say someone is bad, what is bad?
Do I hear some hate to your tone?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Odessa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Black Gold?? (Dec '11) Aug 22 Grain o salt 78
cheating husbands (Aug '10) Aug 15 Whoops 18
Who wants girls phones number for FaceTime? (Sep '14) Aug 13 Nikolai2828 22
need a woman to spoil rotten take care of singl... (Jun '12) Aug 12 TWD 121
Marcelo mata Aug 7 Curious 1
Looking Aug 7 Twd 1
Question = FOR = AL = AND = TOMMIE = COOPER (Apr '13) Aug 7 TheLordsAnointed 4

Odessa Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance