Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins an...

Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term

There are 23464 comments on the El Paso Times story from Nov 2, 2010, titled Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term. In it, El Paso Times reports that:

Republican Gov. Rick Perry has defeated Democrat Bill White to win a third four-year term as Texas governor.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at El Paso Times.

“Free to be me and you!”

Since: Aug 14

Tampa, FL

#24544 Aug 8, 2014
texan wrote:
<quoted text>
Two more liberals to ruin our country.
I don't know about Texas.......but Florida will vote BLUE in Nov. 14..........2016 is a bigger challenge because the hispanics love Jeb and Marco. I think it will be Hillary and Castro against Jeb and Marco. I am pretty sure of my predictions. We will see in November. Baby Boomers are taking over Florida. You Baby Boomer Texans are just Tea Party Hypocrite old farts! Lol
Fletcher Grey

El Paso, TX

#24545 Aug 8, 2014
Liberal forever wrote:
<quoted text>I don't know about Texas.......but Florida will vote BLUE in Nov. 14..........2016 is a bigger challenge because the hispanics love Jeb and Marco. I think it will be Hillary and Castro against Jeb and Marco. I am pretty sure of my predictions. We will see in November. Baby Boomers are taking over Florida. You Baby Boomer Texans are just Tea Party Hypocrite old farts! Lol
You're damn straight! But we have to go balls out to get out the vote. We should also reflect on two important anniversaries. Fifty years ago this summer, one of the most iconic moments of the Civil Rights Movement unfolded. And it was ninety-five years ago that Texas took a large step forward for women. Both anniversaries concern a right we as Texans hold dear: the right to vote.

In Mississippi, as in other places across the country, an entrenched establishment resisted allowing racial diversity to express its voice through the political process. Three volunteers disappeared after trying to champion the right to vote. They had been murdered by people who were willing to kill to prevent African-Americans from voting.

The right of women to vote was itself the culmination of a long struggle.Since our country's birth, women have fought to have their voices heard in the halls of power.

Had brave and tireless women not demanded the right to vote, Texans would never have had trailblazers like Irma Rangel, Ann Richards, and Molly Ivins. Today, though, many Texans face some of the same challenges that the Voting Rights Act and women's suffrage sought to remedy.

A federal court will soon consider whether Texas' restrictive voter ID law violates the Voting Rights Act. Another court earlier determined that implementation of Texas' voter ID law would result in a discriminatory impact on minority voters, while noting that women whose last names had been changed through marriage or divorce could be disproportionately harmed as well.

Our state and our nation are stronger when all of our voices — regardless of race, gender or economic stature — are included in political dialogue. This November, let us honor the memory of those who fought to assure that we were granted our most sacred of Constitutional privileges by casting a ballot. It doesn't matter if you are straight, gay, bisexual, transgender, transvestite or androgynous - get out there and stang it in the voting booth.
texan

San Antonio, TX

#24546 Aug 8, 2014
Fletcher Grey wrote:
<quoted text>
You're damn straight! But we have to go balls out to get out the vote. We should also reflect on two important anniversaries. Fifty years ago this summer, one of the most iconic moments of the Civil Rights Movement unfolded. And it was ninety-five years ago that Texas took a large step forward for women. Both anniversaries concern a right we as Texans hold dear: the right to vote.
In Mississippi, as in other places across the country, an entrenched establishment resisted allowing racial diversity to express its voice through the political process. Three volunteers disappeared after trying to champion the right to vote. They had been murdered by people who were willing to kill to prevent African-Americans from voting.
The right of women to vote was itself the culmination of a long struggle.Since our country's birth, women have fought to have their voices heard in the halls of power.
Had brave and tireless women not demanded the right to vote, Texans would never have had trailblazers like Irma Rangel, Ann Richards, and Molly Ivins. Today, though, many Texans face some of the same challenges that the Voting Rights Act and women's suffrage sought to remedy.
A federal court will soon consider whether Texas' restrictive voter ID law violates the Voting Rights Act. Another court earlier determined that implementation of Texas' voter ID law would result in a discriminatory impact on minority voters, while noting that women whose last names had been changed through marriage or divorce could be disproportionately harmed as well.
Our state and our nation are stronger when all of our voices — regardless of race, gender or economic stature — are included in political dialogue. This November, let us honor the memory of those who fought to assure that we were granted our most sacred of Constitutional privileges by casting a ballot. It doesn't matter if you are straight, gay, bisexual, transgender, transvestite or androgynous - get out there and stang it in the voting booth.
Why don't we just let everyone in the world vote in American elections. You might as well with your way of thinking. You're an imbecile!

“Free to be me and you!”

Tampa, FL

#24547 Aug 8, 2014
Fletcher Grey wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen to all of the above. I am proud of what I did for the Women's Movement. I won't give up on equal rights for everybody in America.........and someday the world. You are a Kindred Spirit in an ocean of dumass Texas Tea Party Hypocrites!
Fletcher Grey

El Paso, TX

#24548 Aug 8, 2014
Truth is might wrote:
<quoted text>
I really prefer not to hear about your immoral parties. Like gays, do what you want but, shut up about it.
Part of the gay lifestyle is to be open about it. Not necessarily flamboyant, but whatever floats your boat. Who am I to judge another man who likes to parade around in a thong or bunless chaps? I wouldn't suggest bending over or gyrating in front of sensitive people, but we need to celebrate our gift of sexuality and enjoy shaking what we were given. When it comes to the actual copulation, that should be done behind closed doors or in the bathroom of a club. But we have to get the word out that being gay is normal, natural and healthy or else another generation will suffer under the boot heels of abuse and neglect.

“Free to be me and you!”

Tampa, FL

#24549 Aug 8, 2014
Fletcher Grey wrote:
<quoted text>
Part of the gay lifestyle is to be open about it. Not necessarily flamboyant, but whatever floats your boat. Who am I to judge another man who likes to parade around in a thong or bunless chaps? I wouldn't suggest bending over or gyrating in front of sensitive people, but we need to celebrate our gift of sexuality and enjoy shaking what we were given. When it comes to the actual copulation, that should be done behind closed doors or in the bathroom of a club. But we have to get the word out that being gay is normal, natural and healthy or else another generation will suffer under the boot heels of abuse and neglect.
Amen .......you say it so much better than me since my CVA.

“Free to be me and you!”

Tampa, FL

#24550 Aug 8, 2014
Fletcher Grey wrote:
<quoted text>
I always copulate in my bedroom .........it is a private thing. Gay's do the same. I had a gay nephew when I lived in Texas. I hated the way Pasadena treated him. When he graduated in 1987 he moved to Florida also. It is tough to be gay in Pasadena or Deer Park. There were gays at Shell Oil........but they were afraid to be honest back before 1985. Gay's are everywhere......and we owe them a lot. JMHO........but I am a liberal Democrat. Equality is what I care about. We women are losing our freedom with the Hobby Lobby ruling. Stay OUT of my uterus!!!!!!!
texan

Houston, TX

#24551 Aug 8, 2014
Liberal forever wrote:
<quoted text>I always copulate in my bedroom .........it is a private thing. Gay's do the same. I had a gay nephew when I lived in Texas. I hated the way Pasadena treated him. When he graduated in 1987 he moved to Florida also. It is tough to be gay in Pasadena or Deer Park. There were gays at Shell Oil........but they were afraid to be honest back before 1985. Gay's are everywhere......and we owe them a lot. JMHO........but I am a liberal Democrat. Equality is what I care about. We women are losing our freedom with the Hobby Lobby ruling. Stay OUT of my uterus!!!!!!!
Gays are sick people plain and simple
American

United States

#24554 Aug 8, 2014
I like perry

“Free to be me and you!”

Tampa, FL

#24555 Aug 8, 2014
Imperial Chicano wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you black, you dont know who your daddy is?
I am white....and I knew who my daddy was. I know my lines all the way back before there were protestants. My dad is buried in SS.
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

#24556 Aug 8, 2014
texan wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't we just let everyone in the world vote in American elections. You might as well with your way of thinking. You're an imbecile!
He conveniently forgot to mention all of the dead people, and bus loads of illegal aliens who vote DemocRAT too.
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

#24557 Aug 8, 2014
Imperial Chicano wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you black, you dont know who your daddy is?
Now, that is a very racist thing to say. You think only black people belong to the Four F club?.
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

#24559 Aug 8, 2014
Imperial Chicano wrote:
<quoted text>
Im not a racist, im not white. He said he was an orphantang.
You are a racist pal. Not only that, just WTF is an "orphantang"?. Thirdly, the poster is also a "she". You're actually starting to make fubar look intelligent.
Drive Shaft

El Paso, TX

#24560 Aug 8, 2014
Defiant1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a racist pal. Not only that, just WTF is an "orphantang"?. Thirdly, the poster is also a "she". You're actually starting to make fubar look intelligent.
The hell you say? Orphantang is an accepted variation on spelling orangutan. Everyone adds a "g" to it when the pronounce the word, so it's just an easier way to say chimp, baboon or ape or what have you. Get with the program and get diversified instead of hanging out only in your lily white world.
Aaron Amarca

El Paso, TX

#24561 Aug 8, 2014
Defiant1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Now, that is a very racist thing to say. You think only black people belong to the Four F club?.
USA Today reports that schools across the country are bracing for up to 50,000 undocumented children. Many of them without parents. School districts are pleading for financial assistance from the federal government. For those not lucky enough to make it to those schools, they're in detention centers like these, getting shipped to them across the country. Those centers are triggering tough questions all day today from communities that don't want them and from human rights groups that say the conditions in these detention centers are not safe. And today, an interesting wrinkle. LGBT protests in one story that throws this crisis into relief. Marichuy Leal Gamino, an undocumented transgender woman held in custody with men, alleges that she was sexually assaulted at her detention center. Right now in Los Angeles, a protest is getting under way calling for Ms. Gamino’s immediate release and more protections for LGBT detainees.
ucc

United States

#24563 Aug 8, 2014
Imperial Chicano wrote:
<quoted text>
Im not a racist, im not white. He said he was an orphantang.
Oh you're a racist all right doesn't matter what color your skin might be doesn't matter at all.
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

#24564 Aug 8, 2014
Drive Shaft wrote:
<quoted text>
The hell you say? Orphantang is an accepted variation on spelling orangutan. Everyone adds a "g" to it when the pronounce the word, so it's just an easier way to say chimp, baboon or ape or what have you. Get with the program and get diversified instead of hanging out only in your lily white world.
So you people are calling another liberal on your side a chimp, baboon or ape?. The stupidity of you people never ceases to amaze me. LMAO!!!!

BTW: I was born here, so I speak English. If I really need to care about what you fools have to say, I can just ask my wife.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#24565 Aug 8, 2014
Defiant1 wrote:
<quoted text>
He conveniently forgot to mention all of the dead people, and bus loads of illegal aliens who vote DemocRAT too.
What as shame it is for you that MORE REPUBLICANS WERE ARRESTED FOR VOTER FRAUD IN 2012 THEN WERE DEMOCRATS.

But what else can we expect from our limp-wristed Austin Friday night cowBOYs.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#24566 Aug 8, 2014
Defiant1 wrote:
BTW: I was born here, so I speak English..
But not very well.

Home schooled, eh?
Jon

United States

#24567 Aug 8, 2014
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
What as shame it is for you that MORE REPUBLICANS WERE ARRESTED FOR VOTER FRAUD IN 2012 THEN WERE DEMOCRATS.
But what else can we expect from our limp-wristed Austin Friday night cowBOYs.
With this DOJ your surprised by that?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Odessa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who wants girls phones number for FaceTime? (Sep '14) Tue towen 21
Abner Gumfory Jun 28 jmda wmd 2
News Odessa Family Reacts to Apparent Murder-Suicide (Oct '08) Jun 28 adavila89 13
Young girl needing help Jun 28 Brandon 6
Looking for some one to give me my shots. Jun 24 Jojo 1
anybody heard of an oil services company called... (Mar '14) Jun 23 Motor head 3
Lady's wanna chill at my crib (bored) Jun 23 Ana guna 2

Odessa Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Odessa Mortgages