Fed up with the OA
Yep

Midland, TX

#1 Dec 21, 2012
From this point on, I refuse to waste another six bits on the Odessa American newspaper. I'll gladly pay twice as much for the USA today when I go to purchase a paper.

My reasoning behind this is simple. It takes about five minutes to read the entire paper. That's all the important news, not counting sports. Most of it is outsourced from the AP. Fortunately, there's a trash can by most vending machines. Makes it convenient to toss all the advertising that comes with it before I even read the front page. Said ads tend to make up about one third of the overall product, and I like to think I'm buying a newspaper, not a coupon book.

In short, I'm no longer going to waste my time and money on what turns out to be three, maybe four pages of news. If they want to compete with news sources online, they're not trying very hard.
Lubbock, TX

#2 Apr 28, 2013
And they are all liers on the Odessa American just to make the story more interesting for ratings...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Odessa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rick Avalos of Del Rio, TX 9 hr Concerned for Mid... 1
improve income & heath 12 hr interested 6
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 21 hr Farting 945
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Thu Farting 766
Boomtown Clown Jake Bryant Thu Roger 4
wanting to be the woman you spoil and pamper. Thu Mmm8008 2
allen boyd rip Jul 27 odtx2004 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Odessa Mortgages