New2Tx

Bluefield, VA

#1 Jun 28, 2013
My family and I are relocating to Odessa, Tx from West Virginia. No NOTHING about the area. Can anyone give advice on good schools, neighborhoods, lots for sale, home builders, or homes for sale, realtors that know the area very well. Anything you can tell us about the area would be great. I will be working in Odessa and don't really want to drive more than 45 mins one way. Please help ! Thank You!

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#2 Jun 28, 2013
Well.. the old saying is, "if you want to raise a family, go to Midland.. if you want to raise he'll, do it in Odessa". And you are in for some serious culture shock.
Guest2

Dallas, TX

#3 Jun 28, 2013
motherclucker wrote:
Well.. the old saying is, "if you want to raise a family, go to Midland.. if you want to raise he'll, do it in Odessa". And you are in for some serious culture shock.
I agree!! I've been working out here in this area for a few years. I also am not from the state of Texas, however I've become adapted as much as one possibly could lol. Your better off living in Midland and driving to Odessa if you have a family and want decent schools and safer neighborhoods.. To my discovery I'm much happier in Midland and feel a thousand times safer.. Odessa is a rowdy crowd and mostly hell-cats.... This is my opinion, but like motherclucker said, your in for a culture shock for real!!
New2Tx

Bluefield, VA

#4 Jun 28, 2013
Okay so midland would be better to look for a house? We have lived in central La before so still a culture shock? We have very short time to find a house...area to live in....do you know of any good school districts in midland? Id definitely would aim for midland if its safer.

Location hidden

#5 Jun 28, 2013
I'd find a local real estate agent in Midland and let them know that you want safe + good schools. Yes, huge culture shock. Odessa seems to cater to guys and I'm not sure how to say this without being offensive, but Odessa has a lot of crime and grime. I do not believe that you will find a strip club or massage parlor in Midland, anywhere in Midland. But in Odessa there is no escaping in. We drove thru there in January, even though it was cold you still see gals on the corner of walk and don't walk. I think Zillow gives scores online for schools and neighborhoods overall, but for families, I'd strongly recommend staying within the city limits of Midland.
Jose Garcia

Mesquite, TX

#6 Jun 28, 2013
New2Tx wrote:
My family and I are relocating to Odessa, Tx from West Virginia. No NOTHING about the area. Can anyone give advice on good schools, neighborhoods, lots for sale, home builders, or homes for sale, realtors that know the area very well. Anything you can tell us about the area would be great. I will be working in Odessa and don't really want to drive more than 45 mins one way. Please help ! Thank You!
NEW2TX don't even think about what MOTHCLOCER is telling this son of BITCH is a REAL NUT CASE, she needs help from a nut doctor, read her posts in other areas, you will see what mean, crazy bitch

Location hidden

#7 Jun 28, 2013
And welcome to Texas. I still think a licensed real estate agent in Midland is the best bet. Good luck with the move!
Guest2

Dallas, TX

#8 Jun 28, 2013
Well I do not know about motherclucker mental status or yours either for that matter. I however agree with him/her on this topic. HOdessa is far worse, dirty & extremely trashy compared to Midland. Not all of the people are bad there but it's certainly the rougher crowd. Midland/Odessa have grown so much in the recent years that they are almost the same town. With that being said, HOdessa is like the south side of the tracks in any other town. For the most part it's lower class & those who are middle to upper class are scrambling to find homes in Midland. Good luck finding housing in either town though! The oil field has completely flooded this town and the towns are struggling to accommodate for the rush.. Either way, Midland is cleaner, nicer & safer than Odessa. Not many people will argue that fact....
Jose Garcia

Mesquite, TX

#9 Jun 28, 2013
motherclucker wrote:
And welcome to Texas. I still think a licensed real estate agent in Midland is the best bet. Good luck with the move!
CRAZY LOON
Jose Garcia

Ashburn, VA

#10 Jun 28, 2013
New2Tx wrote:
MOTHERCLUCKER is the very last NUT CASE you need to take any advice from, she is a Crazy Loon, read her past posts, she lives in LA METRO,CA. Who would take any advice from that, I hope she keeps her crazy a s s in LA METRO..
bell

Houston, TX

#11 Jun 28, 2013
Welcome, and if you're a liberal, leave your liberal mindset in WV.
Jose Garcia

Mesquite, TX

#12 Jun 28, 2013
bell wrote:
Welcome, and if you're a liberal, leave your liberal mindset in WV.
Now that is good advise...We are the LONE STAR STATE AND WE WILL ALWAYS BE THE LONE STAR STATE(TEXAS) WE CAN AND WIILL DO WHAT WE WANT WITH OUT ANY OTHER STATE...WE WILL BE THE LAST MAN STANDING!!!!!!!THANK YOU SO MUCH GOD FOR THE GREAT STATE OF TEXAS...AMEN
JRC

Canyon Lake, TX

#13 Jun 29, 2013
My family is also relocating to midland....not odessa no way! We just spent the week lolling for houses and odessa is absolutely not where I want my babies! Midland is very nice but all down there they have jacked the prices on rent and houses for sale! I'm talking 1500sq ft for $2500 and not a nice 1500sq ft either! The same 1500sq ft home to buy would be over 200,000 so work a HUGE raise into your relocation or see if your company offer lease incentive! Best of luck!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Odessa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
looking for a man to spoil me and help financially (Dec '12) Tue Darkeyes 89
"where are you jake bryant" (Feb '13) Oct 19 lil bro 3
Review: Aranda's Restaurant Oct 17 Omar 1
Who wants girls phones number for FaceTime? Oct 17 madmurphy 2
lenr (cold fusion) anyone seen 10/8 research? wow Oct 15 echoman8 1
Kevin Hill is a ugly snake (Nov '13) Oct 15 girl2 5
Jake Bryant STOP! selling Drugs in Texas Oilfields Oct 15 COBRA_Attacks 14
Odessa Dating
Find my Match

Odessa Jobs