Anon

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2011

This show real? Are these actors or real roughnecks?
rebecca

Hays, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2011

Judged:

Anon wrote:
i think it is half and half
Linda

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2011

Anon wrote:
They are real all right and they are true roughnecks too. They like it down and dirty as I can attest. They also can bring it and are completely unabashed too.
Black Gold Fan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2011

Judged:

I was told on the other forum (about Brandon Watson from the show) that Cheston McElhaney is an "actor", but I don't know? I know he's orignally from Iraan, TX. He has a website called gocheston.com . I looked it up, it's interesting! I also heard that "Peggy" from the show is actually an actress named Rene that's engaged to Brandon. Who knows? All I know is I LOVE BLACK GOLD!!!:)
porsha

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2012

I love the tv show black gold. My favorite is brandon. I would love to meet him.
Anonymous

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2012

porsha wrote:
I love the tv show black gold. My favorite is brandon. I would love to meet him.
me 2!
Insider

Westminster, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2012

That show is as fake as it gets. Most of those guys don't even work for Big Dog Drilling until their hired by the network and once their done filming they go do their own thing. Those guys are nothing but a disgrace to the industry that supports the life in Midland Texas.
Insider

Westminster, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2012

Linda wrote:
<quoted text>
They are real all right and they are true roughnecks too. They like it down and dirty as I can attest. They also can bring it and are completely unabashed too.
Real as they get? The Wheelers are nothing but drunks and bar hopping losers who should grow up since they both have kids, Watson has some serious anger issues and should be in therapy and Cheston is more worried about his pretty boy looks than being a real rough neck
anthony lubbock

Lubbock, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

I know people that work for big dog drilling My friends say that they have never heard of any of these guys. ITS ALL FAKE Its a good show but all fiction all actors its easy to figure out If you notice Brandons truck is still at the drill site and that tahoe or yukon has cheston or wheelers driving it if you watch real close you can see proof that it is fake
Jade F

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

They are NOT actors, they are real roughnecks. I live in Odessa, and have been around these guys for several years. Most roughnecks do not act as horribly as those guys do though. Brandon is actually a very self centered, egotistical Ahole. I witnessed him try to beat up an old man that accidentally bumped into him at a bar one night. So, all in all, they aren't actors, but they do put on a show for the series. I think they all need to grow up a bit. When the bottom falls out of the boom again, every single one of them will be looking for a new job because Big Dog is one of the first companies to start laying off.
oklas

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

black gold should go to oklahoma n see some real oilfield they dont even drill dat deep outhere
Tim

Green Valley, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Brandon is the only reason anyone watches the show ! He's a big bunch of testosterone, with a hot body, I think deep down he's a big teddy bear, he seems like he's never had anyone truly love him & take care of him, if he was my man I'd take care of him , in all ways especially sexually ! Who could or would say no to him....... Biggest stud on TV !!!!!!!
Txmike

Seaside, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 25, 2012

oklas wrote:
black gold should go to oklahoma n see some real oilfield they dont even drill dat deep outhere
Learn how to spell or are all Oklahomans retarded like you
todd

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Txmike wrote:
<quoted text> Learn how to spell or are all Oklahomans retarded like you
he means go to oklahoma and see. what a stupid retard u are
beau

Glenrock, WY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Its fake, any OSHA inspector or rig inspector would have shut it down, they don't follow any safety regs
Vanessa

Del Rio, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Brandon Watson if you this hit me up @ villarrealnessa@yahoo.com im not from here so you dont know me but i think your hot n would like to get to know u
Real oilfield

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

I've been in the oilfield for 15yrs, everything that happens on camera is fake. It's an entertaining show for people who don't know any better. If you look close in some of the camera shots you can see the actual rig crew in the background instructing the actors. Any "real oilfield" guys can vouch if anything happens (like Brandon blowing up or the massive safety violations) the oil company would be shut down immediately!! You can't pull that kind of BS on real oil rigs ANYWHERE. Even for mom and companies like big dog drilling.
from the O

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

A bunch of fake a$$ roughnecks more like drama queens
YeahISaidIt

Winfield, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

I think the guys from the first season when they had 3 rigs (The viking, Longhorn and Big Dog)going were pretty much roughnecks. Check the difference in the seasons. They hired younger, better looking guys. Production definitely changed. I think this is what makes a lot people think they are now all actors.
Pietro

Youngstown, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

My girlfriend would blow Ceston in a second

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

7 Users are viewing the Odessa Forum right now

Search the Odessa Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 39 min Batch 37 Pain Is Good 17,149
TX Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 1 hr Janie 21,580
Free Hunger Games Movie Tickets Best Buy Midland Jul 26 Darius Clay 1
Steve Villanueva - About Us News Story - WRC | ... (Mar '08) Jul 26 Zippity Doo Dah Day 114
TX Who do you support for Comptroller of Public Ac... (Oct '10) Jul 25 Wow 598
TX Who do you support for Railroad Commissioner in... (Oct '10) Jul 25 nina roth 755
loooking a FLOWBACK job Jul 24 Anonymous 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Odessa Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Odessa People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE