Opening a business in midland

Opening a business in midland

Posted in the Odessa Forum

kevinb530

Wimberley, TX

#1 Feb 9, 2013
Hey all - thinking about opening a restaurant in Midland and I have a few questions.
First - real estate seems like its impossible to find?
Second - Employees - everyone seems to work in the oil industry, so how do you find food service workers? There must be some way that all the food businesses are staying around?
lgebest

Houston, TX

#2 Feb 10, 2013
First: Legacy Real Estate is a good starting point to acquire information on the land.
Second: Employees actually are hard to find, however the workforce is a good resource for that. Food service seldom hire full time employees as turn over rate is rising due to oilfield. However, they hire part-timers at 14$ an hour advertising with short shifts.
They hire generally one full time for morning, and one for evening, reducing the hourly overhead. That's pretty much the skinny of it. As a manager, get ready for the employee turn over ride.
GOOD LUCK TO YA!! Look forward to seeing your business:-)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Odessa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Looking for Pharmaceutical. 8 hr Newintown 1
need a woman to spoil rotten take care of singl... (Jun '12) Sat Anonymous 139
Girl named Yaurely from Twin Peaks! Apr 15 SaZ 1
Buddy Wayne Webb~ what a psyco (Sep '16) Apr 14 Buddy Wayne WRONG 19
Who wants girls phones number for FaceTime? (Sep '14) Apr 14 ZackFrozze 54
Chasity Brashier Apr 11 hmm 3
Billy benavides Apr 4 Nichole 1

Odessa Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance