decent cheap apts
vanessa

Spring, TX

#1 Aug 8, 2013
Looking for a one or two bedroom within this next month.... I know rent has sky rocketed but Is there anything there cheap?

“Better Dead than red!”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#3 Aug 8, 2013
vanessa wrote:
Looking for a one or two bedroom within this next month.... I know rent has sky rocketed but Is there anything there cheap?
You definitely have to do some looking around and be patient. It's criminal what a lot of these landlords are charging these days. U might have to consider a smaller surrounding town if your looking at Odessa/Midland.
Guest2

Austin, TX

#4 Aug 9, 2013
It is criminal what landlords are charging now!!! I'm paying $1,500.00 a month for a 1br apartment that I had to furnish, I pay my own electric and I pay my own cable & Internet. They don't provide/include anything and it cost me a fortune!! If it hadn't been the only thing I could find available when I was looking for housing due to being transferred here for work, I wouldn't be living here because of the cost. And hotels!! Lol. My company wasn't going to pay $200+ a night mon-thurs (the hotel clerk said bc of the oil field people) so I was low in options and desperate for the first availability..... I don't know how people afford this mess that work outside the oil field and having to provide for a family as well... It is truly sick!!
vanessa

Union City, GA

#5 Aug 9, 2013
Ok what small towns are close by where the rent might be cheaper

“Better Dead than red!”

Location hidden

#6 Aug 9, 2013
vanessa wrote:
Ok what small towns are close by where the rent might be cheaper
You could look around West Odessa, or pleasant Farms, those 2 are just neighborhoods outside city limits about 15 mins out.. Crane texas, Monahans tx, Kermit tx, are Smaller towns within 45 mins of Odessa housing is still in shortage but rent tends to be a lil cheaper! Good luck!:-)

“Better Dead than red!”

Location hidden

#7 Aug 9, 2013
Guest2 wrote:
It is criminal what landlords are charging now!!! I'm paying $1,500.00 a month for a 1br apartment that I had to furnish, I pay my own electric and I pay my own cable & Internet. They don't provide/include anything and it cost me a fortune!! If it hadn't been the only thing I could find available when I was looking for housing due to being transferred here for work, I wouldn't be living here because of the cost. And hotels!! Lol. My company wasn't going to pay $200+ a night mon-thurs (the hotel clerk said bc of the oil field people) so I was low in options and desperate for the first availability..... I don't know how people afford this mess that work outside the oil field and having to provide for a family as well... It is truly sick!!
It's IS outrageous and it's being talked about by the powers that be. Consensus is that the more housing that is being built and becoming available the prices WILL come down question for most folks is, can they hold on? Good luck friend :-)
Guest2

Austin, TX

#8 Aug 9, 2013
starringuandi wrote:
<quoted text>It's IS outrageous and it's being talked about by the powers that be. Consensus is that the more housing that is being built and becoming available the prices WILL come down question for most folks is, can they hold on? Good luck friend :-)
The prices SHOULD come down & in all honesty the should have NEVER been jacked up the way that they have! I understand the supply & demand on housing due to the oil boom but oilfield workers are not the only ones here.. They've made it almost impossible for local natives not working in the oilfield to stay. The people whose spent their entire lives out here are being pushed out by greed because they can not afford their housing on top of raising a family.. I'm sorry but if a 1br apartment that doesn't offer anything other than a common pool, a toilet & a shower cost $1500. a month; I can't begin to imagine what something larger cost for younger OR older couples that are just starting out or trying to support families.. It's greed at its finest and it'll be their falling as well.... I don't foresee the oil industry shutting down out here any time soon, but "WHAT IF"? What would these property owners do with all these houses, duplexes & ect IF it were to shut down all of a sudden? They're losing locals daily due to their greedy price increases because they just can't afford it anymore. And once they've been run out I highly doubt they come running back since they've been done this way by the ones they've lived around their whole lives... I think there would be a lot of open places but no one to take them all because of what they are doing now. And we all know what happens to properties in that situation over extended periods of time..... They become run down, crime infested & eye soars for what is left of the local community.......... My motto is, "what's here today could be gone tomorrow."...*Sigh*

“Better Dead than red!”

Location hidden

#9 Aug 9, 2013
Guest2 wrote:
<quoted text>The prices SHOULD come down & in all honesty the should have NEVER been jacked up the way that they have! I understand the supply & demand on housing due to the oil boom but oilfield workers are not the only ones here.. They've made it almost impossible for local natives not working in the oilfield to stay. The people whose spent their entire lives out here are being pushed out by greed because they can not afford their housing on top of raising a family.. I'm sorry but if a 1br apartment that doesn't offer anything other than a common pool, a toilet & a shower cost $1500. a month; I can't begin to imagine what something larger cost for younger OR older couples that are just starting out or trying to support families.. It's greed at its finest and it'll be their falling as well.... I don't foresee the oil industry shutting down out here any time soon, but "WHAT IF"? What would these property owners do with all these houses, duplexes & ect IF it were to shut down all of a sudden? They're losing locals daily due to their greedy price increases because they just can't afford it anymore. And once they've been run out I highly doubt they come running back since they've been done this way by the ones they've lived around their whole lives... I think there would be a lot of open places but no one to take them all because of what they are doing now. And we all know what happens to properties in that situation over extended periods of time..... They become run down, crime infested & eye soars for what is left of the local community.......... My motto is, "what's here today could be gone tomorrow."...*Sigh*
I feel ya.. Thank goodness I paid my home off years ago.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Odessa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
(.R ox y Bulk!!) ku*sh !! 20 hr Fast dropping 1
I still love you Wed Sinner 2
Who wants girls phones number for FaceTime? (Sep '14) Dec 6 Blakester 31
Homewrecker (May '15) Dec 4 Bonnie 17
prostitutes (Jul '12) Dec 3 Elver galarga 19
Happy ending massage (Jul '12) Dec 3 El Pito chico 3
apex Dec 3 432gurl 1

Odessa Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance