Terri Kay Schmidt

Feb 16, 2012 Full story: Odessa American Online

Memorial services are scheduled at 2 p.m. Friday at Belvue Baptist Church in Kermit.

Full Story
Justa

United States

#1 Feb 16, 2012
Terry was a wonderful friend and and even better mother... God rest her soul... Ill be praying for her and her family... Especially her little boy... Why did that man take her away from her son like that... RIP Terry... You will be missed
Not an excuse

Kermit, TX

#2 Mar 16, 2012
That man did what he did because he was a veteran, he had just found out that his wife was going to prison for 2 years for breaking probations, and was depressed and didnt want to live anymore. But I doubt he knew a mother with a young son and 3 beautiful daughters was in the other car. I know thats not an excuse for what he did but if you know anything about depression. You dont think about anything or anyone all you know is that you cant take it anymore and just dont want to be around anymore.. So sorry that this kind of stuff happens to good people.
anon

Monahans, TX

#3 Mar 19, 2012
I agree that he had just found out that his wife was going to state jail for 2 years, but you make it sound as if this was something he did on purpose. True he was depressed but the reason foe the accident was simple, he got drunk and made a stupid choice to get in his car and drive, This was not the first time he had done this but it will be his last. If he would have known that his actions were going to take the life of someone else I don't think he would have made the same choice. He also left children behind and it is a very tragic accident that effects everyone who knew both families. Sorry for everones lost. Make a difference and DON'T DRINK AND DRIVE11111
her daughter

Odessa, TX

#4 Feb 21, 2013
Speaking from the family's point of view. We never really blamed him. We asked around for information on him and no one knew him or his family. It sounds like he wasn't in his clear head when all this happened. I prayed then and even now for his survivors because what if the role had been reversed and my Mom was responsible for wreck. What I'm asking ya'll who seem to know more information than anyone else. Where was he drinking? Do you know if he was at a bar or at home? Why do I ask? For the sake of my brother, we have a law suit pertaining to this. We ARE NOT suing his family this was not their fault. The suit is to his insurance company. After a year of all this crap and them dragging their feet we just want it settled. I just really need some info/rumors anything for the lawyer to track. We had no idea the insurance company would be so difficult to deal with. So many different circumstances and no one says its their responsibility. We still don't have a tombstone, because of so many different reasons. We really want closure and a tombstone would definitely towards that. Any info would be helpful thanks.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Odessa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Homer Hixon (Aug '13) 3 hr Roughneck 3
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 10 hr weary taxpayer 773
Debate: Gay Marriage - Midland, TX (Aug '10) Jan 27 Krystal 23
Looking for a girl to take my virginity (Jan '13) Jan 26 432zps 5
need a woman to spoil rotten take care of singl... (Jun '12) Jan 25 resheeda15 77
Pain pills? (Jun '13) Jan 24 cracked disc 11
Attorney Justin W. Low (Dec '10) Jan 24 state bar 31
Odessa Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Odessa People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:52 pm PST

NBC Sports 8:52PM