I-70 Closed Near Odessa After Semi Ac...

I-70 Closed Near Odessa After Semi Accident

There are 11 comments on the Fox4KC story from Jun 7, 2010, titled I-70 Closed Near Odessa After Semi Accident. In it, Fox4KC reports that:

Both directions of I-70 near Odessa were shut down Monday evening after an accident involving three semi-trucks. Witnesses at the scene described semis "one on top of another." Eastbound was expected to be closed until at least 7 p.m. and westbound was expected to be closed until at least 7:30 p.m. or 9:30 p.m.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fox4KC.

Amy Hoefer

Higginsville, MO

#1 Jun 7, 2010
Just so everyone knows, you have your directions wrong, an EAST bound tractor trailer crossed the median and hit a WEST bound tractor trailer and then was rear ended by a WEST bound traveling tractor trailer. If you're going to report news, do it correctly please!!
sandra finley

Warrensburg, MO

#2 Jun 7, 2010
Those truckers on I70 go so fast one nearly ran us over one day guess we werent going fast enough but going the speed limit. I hope the driverrs of those two semi will be okay.
Terri Lock

Kearney, MO

#3 Jun 7, 2010
My son and I witnessed the wreck and were the first to call 911. It was horrific and my prayers go out to not only the semi drivers but the others that were injured. My son saw a man fly through a windsheild and other cars crash in the westbound lanes. The semi that lost control in the east bound lane went over the median and through the guard fence into the west bound lane. He did so because he had to brake because of a car that cut in front of him. He must of locked up his brakes. Terrible tragedy debri flying everywhere and fire! Again keep these people in your prayers!
forensics 101

Kansas City, KS

#4 Jun 7, 2010
well, 1st off, i hope that the 2 truck drivers that were air lifted are doing better or are ok enough to return home soon. 2nd, rice cakes and dog food...anyone hungry?:)
forensics 101

Kansas City, KS

#5 Jun 7, 2010
after reading some of the comments, i do sincerely hope that everyone involved in the accident is ok, and my prayers go out to them. this should serve as a reminder to people that a rig is harder to stop than a car, and therefore must travel at a slower speed. when people cut them off, they must be able to react, and sometimes it is not always good. its fustrating when i see it happen when im on patrol; people i see doing that automatically get a ticket for reckless driving.
123abc

Kansas City, KS

#6 Jun 7, 2010
I hope the guy who cut them off gets killed!
pffft

Independence, MO

#7 Jun 8, 2010
About 80% of all trucks are governed to speeds around 64 to 72 mph. The trucker responded to being "cut off" by going into the ditch instead of running over the top of the car. People need to respect the space that trucks need and be patient when passing and coming over. Don't cut them off just because they are not going fast enough, most trucks are "governed" and they CAN'T go any faster! Be patient, getting home five minutes faster doesn't change anything. Too bad the cross over cable and ditch couldn't hold the truck, and thank God no cars were involved otherwise there would have been fatalities. Hope the two drivers are OK and prayers go out to all truckers that drive through the night sacrificing their families, time, and body to make a living. So, show some respect around these people, they get tired too because the companies drive them 14 hrs a day, 10hrs driving and 4 hrs off duty not driving. Until those regulations change, "big money" is going to push everybody to the limit and fatigue will win.
well said

Higginsville, MO

#8 Jun 8, 2010
...and roll on 18 wheeler roll on...
studly

Buckner, MO

#9 Jun 10, 2010
Everybody wants to blame the truckers Im sick of it,its the 4 wheelers that get of from work and wants to get home fast to whatch there grass grow,
Jim Hambruch

United States

#10 Jun 11, 2010
Terri Lock wrote:
My son and I witnessed the wreck and were the first to call 911. It was horrific and my prayers go out to not only the semi drivers but the others that were injured. My son saw a man fly through a windsheild and other cars crash in the westbound lanes. The semi that lost control in the east bound lane went over the median and through the guard fence into the west bound lane. He did so because he had to brake because of a car that cut in front of him. He must of locked up his brakes. Terrible tragedy debri flying everywhere and fire! Again keep these people in your prayers!
Wrong,, I was goin west right infront of the crash. No car cut that semi off... he didnt hit his brakes at all going through the median
Jim Hambruch

United States

#11 Jun 11, 2010
Sorry, but a car did not cut that semi off.... PERIOD i was i the west bound lane right in front of the crash and saw the semi going east just dive into the median. There was no car infront of that semi and no one cut him off

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Odessa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mike Shields Former Odessa R-7 teacher May '16 Will 1
odessa inbreeding May '16 Will 1
News Possible adult abduction leads to Platte City s... (Nov '11) Apr '16 Scott 29
Denim & Diamonds Owner Dennis Hess Dead? (Jun '09) Jan '16 Goodnewskc 1,567
Homewrecker (Jul '13) Dec '15 farmboy 11
Who is Beverly Biqsak (Mar '14) Dec '15 farmboy 2
judge dennis rolf (Jun '15) Dec '15 SEEN IT 4
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Odessa Mortgages