Next Last

Dexter, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2011

I am thinking about moving there from Missouri and would like anyones honest opion on the schools and the crime rate.
Florida Transplant

Marshfield, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2011

Hey MO. My advice is DON'T DO IT! I lived in the next town over,(port Richey). Between the drugs, the traffic, the hookers, and the murders, we were glad to get out alive.

I still have family there and I pray for them and their safety daily. We moved here to MO about 2 years ago. It may not be perfect but this is home. We were robbed in FL, had a drive by shooting in front of our business, and saw more crooked politics than you can believe. Neighbors were bludgeoned to death. The beaches in the area weren't that great, unless you went to Clearwater or Tarpon Springs. The cost of food is higher, and unless you are lucky enough to get your electricity from the coop, that will cost you a bundle as well.

Dexter, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2011

thanks for the insight, figured as much ,it was pretty nice down there about 20 yrs or so ago out by moon lake, been alot of water under the bridge since then.
Susan

Tarpon Springs, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2011

New Port Richey is a great place to live. Lots of activity beautiful parks (free concerts several times a year),good restuarants, and beautiful beaches within a couple miles of downtown. I traveled all over florida, up both coasts and down to Key West before I settled in this area 2 years ago. I wouldnt suggest the Moon lake area now, that may be the area the other poster was complaining about.
Trinity Newcomer

New Port Richey, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2011

I moved here in April of this year. The eastern part of NPR and Trinity is great. I love the many beautiful open spaces. My love is photography and i find a lot of beautiful places to shoot. There are many parks and beaches in the area. Good health services are readily available and the cost of living is low. Housing is cheap.
I love it any have never regretted the move. In fact, I feel grateful and thankful to be in this place.
CC Vazquez

Clearwater, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2011

I moved here about 4 yrs. ago, I like it yes there is crimes,drugs ect. but can anyone tell me where there one place in the world that is free from drugs,killings,robbery,prostit ution and so on? unfortunately it is every where I must say the New Port Richey PD and the Sherrifs Department are on it and the are doing a great job thumbs up to them...
mike

Hudson, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

i have lived in npr for 21 years born n raised its a southern area with a lot of krack dealing its second most popular in the states for narcotics i grew up in a really nice neighborhood hidden on the water behind a real shit hole neighborhood by value lodge hotel if you have any questions of moving here look up this hotel tons of murders suicides overdoses and muuuuch more. the sheriffs are often corrupt and complete assholes but you cannot blame them you will never amount to anything here its a horrible place the strip of us 19 from my rd green key to 54 is where the nasty krack/pill hookers walk during the day and night. 2/3 people here are on some kind of drug harder than weed its a pathetic place with beautiful areas and good fishing but its dangerous.
mike

Hudson, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

sorry second most in the us miami is first
sandy

Kings Mountain, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Dont do it ! Mostly crackheads &hos seriously i live a few towns over and its a dump!
Sarah

Wallingford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2013

Its a shit hole i dont know one person who like living there. rent is super cheap, but i wouldnt move there to save my life. They have a HUGE pill problem, so many uneducated rednecks, corrupt cops and officials, no jobs, and it is very run down. The only time you would find a job there is if you are a stripper, drug dealer, or hooker. STAY AWAY AT ALL COSTS!
Nick

Greenville, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2013

It is a great place to live
Patrick

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2013

I lived there nine years. Now I'm stuck in a shithole called Bristol, Tennessee. I'd love to live back down there. God, would I,...

Most of the poster here are right. The thirty something crowd are THUGS. I'm 54 my girlfriend had a son who was about 31. Actually a pretty good kid. His pals were users and thugs an punks simply because that's all he had to choose from. Finally had to disallow him from bringing ANYONE to the home when my credit card was stolen twice.

I told him repeatedly that he needed to stay away from them. Guess what. His name is Bryan Van Dam. Go look online at pasco clerk.com . He is on trial for burglary and assault..... Ad his co defendant is some thug with a rap sheet a mile long... Now I've known this kid for 11 years and now he is going to prison for something he likely had very little to do with... It happened at some doctors office.

The elderly there are wonderful. I loved hanging out with them. They're from all over the us and I never tired of talking to them. We even had a guitar stolen off the pool patio...... Just choose your company wisely and it's a wonderful place to love.

The girl dropped me and I love her still to this day.
out of place

Wessington Springs, SD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2013

Patrick wrote:
I lived there nine years. Now I'm stuck in a shithole called Bristol, Tennessee. I'd love to live back down there. God, would I,...

Most of the poster here are right. The thirty something crowd are THUGS. I'm 54 my girlfriend had a son who was about 31. Actually a pretty good kid. His pals were users and thugs an punks simply because that's all he had to choose from. Finally had to disallow him from bringing ANYONE to the home when my credit card was stolen twice.

I told him repeatedly that he needed to stay away from them. Guess what. His name is Bryan Van Dam. Go look online at pasco clerk.com . He is on trial for burglary and assault..... Ad his co defendant is some thug with a rap sheet a mile long... Now I've known this kid for 11 years and now he is going to prison for something he likely had very little to do with... It happened at some doctors office.

The elderly there are wonderful. I loved hanging out with them. They're from all over the us and I never tired of talking to them. We even had a guitar stolen off the pool patio...... Just choose your company wisely and it's a wonderful place to love.

The girl dropped me and I love her still to this day.
I grew up in Pasco county and now live in Morristown, TN, and I would move back today if I had the means. It's so dull and lifeless up here, I'd even take the crime, drugs and run down appearance of NPR just to be back in FL.
Greg From SC

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2013

New Port Richey is a dump. It is Florida's appendix, catching all the dregs and reprobates. I just moved here, and am ready to move back to SC. Not much good about it. Get me out!
stephanie

Fort Lauderdale, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

hi everyone do you guys think its a good place to live im moving here next week and i have a two year old so far no complain people are really nice here nothing compared to miami
Chuck

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2013

I lived in the area from 1972 to 1997, I moved to the east coast for a job. It used to be a really nice place to live. Low cost, very little crime, you could literally sleep with your doors unlocked.nice fishing, good seafood. That has all changed. There is rampant drug use, no jobs and mostly illiterate white trash lives there. The place also has a lot of pedophiles. Everyone who could get the hell out of there has left. I would advise you not to move there. Unless you have a good job lined up, and can afford to live in a gated community, I would avoid florida in general. it's not the. way it was there.
pasco pill pushers

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Pasco county has a few nice areas, but New Port Richey, especially the area surrounding US19, is not so great. Most of the nicer parts of town are where people's vacation homes are. I suppose that there are a couple of communities with retirees that aren't too bad, but a good number of neighborhoods that have year-round residents are not too hot.

Trinity is a really nice area, and like most of Florida, there are always nice communities near not-so-nice ones, but sometimes the riff raff from those less desirable areas cause trouble in the nicer ones.

Also, I know that drug use is rampant all over the country, but there definitely is a higher-than-normal amount of drug users here, particularly within the age ranges of 18-35. Perhaps the older crowd isn't as bad, but trust me, if you have any people under 35, you should be careful about who they hang out with, there are some really dangerous characters in NPR.
Marir

New Port Richey, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2013

New port richey is a nice place to live been here 10years and not as bad as pepole say u k.now the saying theirs bad and good
steve

Zephyrhills, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2013

This place is an absolute sh*&^%$$####t hole.Your crazy if you ome here.Youv'e been warned by someone trying to get the heck out of this cess pool.
yung DRO

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2013

PAscooo

it's bout it bout it, where the gangsters role.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Odessa Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Odessa People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••