Con artists recruit for scams on dati...

Con artists recruit for scams on dating sites -

There are 7 comments on the Newsday story from Aug 19, 2007, titled Con artists recruit for scams on dating sites -. In it, Newsday reports that:

The Internet love interest came off as a single dad from suburban Odenton, Md., with a tender side.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Tammilee

Haverhill, MA

#1 Aug 19, 2007
I hate seeing another victim of this Romance Scam. I thank your newspaper for reporting on what has been going on. Too many times the Romance Scam has been linked with the 419 scams but it is NOT part of the law written to stop scams.

The only correction I would like to make to this article is that Barbara Sluppick started Romancescams. org not Romancescams. com. In case your readers are trying to find the site.
quenisi

Little Rock, AR

#2 Aug 19, 2007
The site that Barb Sluppick started up is ROMANCESCAMS.ORG
you have printed it as romancescam.com and that is a site belonging to Marissa, the lady who owns Datingnmore.com
Thank you for your attention on this matter.
Sincerely
Quenisi
shlecker

Graz, Austria

#3 Jun 10, 2008
Barbara Sluppick
You cant defame good people and i wish you correct it and let me knew why you did it what you wrote is not true .
Thats defamation of caracter.
Sincere
shlecker
Steven

Lagos, Nigeria

#4 Apr 20, 2009
Well I wanna tell you people that scam work is by choice and the victims also are played with their own choice so lets put the blames on the victim at all its what they want want ha ha
Steven

Lagos, Nigeria

#5 Apr 20, 2009
Don't be scared no one is above scamming .. The president himself has his own way of doing the same job lol
Argentina portocarrero

United States

#8 Mar 23, 2012
Beware of me on dating sites , I will quickly seduce you with promises of love and marriege , I will hint too you about taking me on expensive vacations , I grew up in nicuruaga untill I was 21 , I will invite you too meet me at nicuruaga , telling you my uncle is a cab driver . I will not be their you will get into my uncles cab and be kidnapped held for ransom or taken too ATMs and drain all you money from your accounts I will text you every day no matter how long it takes to win your trust , I now live in Miami fl beware if you meet me on a dating site
Clay

Belgrade, Serbia

#10 May 28, 2012
Internet dating sites can really be useful, but there are a lot of scammers out there, somewhere more and somewhere less. I try to use quality web sites like http://www.interracialbbwdating.com/ for peace of a mind.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Odenton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Crofton speedway noise bill gets restart (Sep '09) Jul 15 Jim 57
News Group: Rare great white shark in Mediterranean ... Jul 1 cpeter1313 1
COFFEE SHOP CHRISTIANS ( FIND ANOTHER PLACE ) r... Jun '18 SATAN CANNOT REPENT 1
REPENT CITY REPENT ( REPENT NOW ) repent Jun '18 SATAN CANNOT REPENT 1
Searching for .... Apr '18 ceptwsm 1
Review: Zagami Trozzi Chartered - Ron Trozzi CPA (Mar '11) Mar '18 gross little shor... 12
Laurel, MD - what is it Really Like? (Jun '08) Mar '18 Barbara M 117

Odenton Jobs

Personal Finance

Odenton Mortgages