Racist scarecrows? Teen defends as Ha...

Racist scarecrows? Teen defends as Halloween art

There are 10 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Oct 24, 2008, titled Racist scarecrows? Teen defends as Halloween art. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

An Oconto Falls teen who hung three black-faced scarecrows by their necks as a Halloween display says the mannequins aren't racist and he's not taking them down.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

Tedious

Seattle, WA

#2 Oct 26, 2008
Three black-faced figures hanging from a tree and an "unrelated" confederate flag.

Nope, doesn't sound racist to me. I wonder where he got the black sheets, because we know he didn't make the faces black on purpose, the sheets must have already been black.

If you were brave enough to put up the display, have the balls to stand by your art.

Pussy.

(I may not like what you say, but I defend your right to say it.)
sharon

Ripon, WI

#3 Oct 29, 2008
small town brain..get out and see the world boy..you obviously haven't left home yet.
kae

Bethpage, NY

#4 Oct 29, 2008
Bob wrote:
It's time for another Civil War people. Freedom of speech is clearly dead in America.
This kid should have said...YES they are racist. I am LEAVING them up. And if you file charges against me I will SUE YOU FOR EVERYTHING YOU ARE WORTH and KILL YOUR CHILDREN.
Oh brother .. is that the best you have? This country is in big trouble.
kae

Bethpage, NY

#5 Oct 29, 2008
Bob wrote:
It's time for another Civil War people. Freedom of speech is clearly dead in America.
This kid should have said...YES they are racist. I am LEAVING them up. And if you file charges against me I will SUE YOU FOR EVERYTHING YOU ARE WORTH and KILL YOUR CHILDREN.
What a disgrace, it's 2008 and you can't do any better than that.

I sure hope you are the exception and not the rule.
hussein obama

Naperville, IL

#6 Oct 29, 2008
if its a republican hanging its ok
Tom

United States

#7 Oct 29, 2008
But it's ok if Sarah Palin is hung in effigy......

Since: Feb 08

Coal City, IL

#8 Oct 29, 2008
Do all signs indicate it was racial? Probably. Can you prove it? no. In bad taste? yes. Legal? from what I read yes unless someone complains,(gee, what are the odds of that). Is this a free country? Not so much anymore. When you can't express your opinions without fear of a lawsuit then we are not free.
Oneman

Stonewall, LA

#9 Oct 29, 2008
kae wrote:
<quoted text>
What a disgrace, it's 2008 and you can't do any better than that.
I sure hope you are the exception and not the rule.
you can tell you are a yankee--if yall would have left things alone we wouldn't have to LOCK our doors and windows while we sleep , or carry a gun like i do so if some crack head wants my car...jmo
kae

Bethpage, NY

#10 Oct 30, 2008
Oneman wrote:
<quoted text>
you can tell you are a yankee--if yall would have left things alone we wouldn't have to LOCK our doors and windows while we sleep , or carry a gun like i do so if some crack head wants my car...jmo
Ignorance is bliss and you completely missed the point of my post ..
kae

Bethpage, NY

#13 Nov 3, 2008
john smith wrote:
<quoted text>
you are the one that is dumb as a rock ! are you black ? or are you married to a black ? you missed his point . the yankee's are the ones that sat the blacks free , not the south !
"The South Will Rise Again"
Your ignorance and fear show with every post, you really haven't progressed beyond the third grade .

OBAMA/BIDEN - get use to it :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oconto Falls Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Aaron Brown (Jun '10) Mar '17 shmy 13
The Big Sleepy Motel in Gillet is now open (Jan '17) Jan '17 Anita Bohn - Manager 1
News Oconto River Drowning Victim Identified (May '06) Apr '15 tjb 3
The fall edition of the Krakow Daily Eagle is n... (Sep '14) Sep '14 Amy 1
Oconto Falls - Community Garden Proposal Survey (Mar '14) Mar '14 BrittIver 1
locating birth parents (Oct '13) Oct '13 GASCOSAN 1
News Salm-Schmid opens Breast Surgery Experts of Nor... (Dec '09) Sep '13 Samuel 3

Oconto Falls Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Oconto Falls Mortgages