State trooper drops software lawsuit

There are 2 comments on the Jan 22, 2007, Milwaukee Journal-Sentinal story titled State trooper drops software lawsuit. In it, Milwaukee Journal-Sentinal reports that:

A trooper who butted heads with the State Patrol over his claim of ownership of a computer program he wrote has dropped his lawsuit in Dane County Circuit Court.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Milwaukee Journal-Sentinal.

Diane Schindler

Madison, WI

#1 Jan 23, 2007
I believe Meredith does have ownership of the computer program.

Fact is he created it, it works wonderfully, a very sellable product. He should be the one profitting from.

The state is and has been profitting by it and will continue to profit from it due to Meredith's knowledge and passion for his work.

I back him 100%.

You go Meredith.
Steve Brown

Fairwater, WI

#2 Feb 22, 2007
I believe Meredith does not have ownership since the state provided him additional time and resources to create this program. Of course now Mr. Meredith claims he spent 100's of his own hours working on this. We have to take his word on this fact, but the main point here is that he could have discussed this issue while he was working on this project, not afterwards. I think Meredith saw an opportunity to make some big bucks and is now claiming he spent so much of his own time working on this. I think it was more like a hobby for him in the beginning and now he saw an opportunity to make some quick cash. Mr. Meredith obviously does not have an outside life and because he became a computer nerd at the expense of the State Patrol, he wants extra compensation. Welcome to the real world Meredith, there are no free rides so move on and stop trying to make a quick buck at the taxpayers expense.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oconto Falls Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jason Young, Sabra & Kids (Dec '11) Apr 19 hauntedghost 3
News Oconto River Drowning Victim Identified (May '06) Apr 1 tjb 3
what happened to fibertech fiberglass trailers Feb '15 fordfocus1 1
Michelle's Secret Diary Feb '15 The KDE 1
News Poland - it just might be the new France (Nov '07) Feb '15 Clear Dharma 20
News Seek Items for Adopt-A-Family Dec '14 tracy 1
The fall edition of the Krakow Daily Eagle is n... (Sep '14) Sep '14 Amy 1
More from around the web

Oconto Falls People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE