Oconomowoc Police Department

Oconomowoc Police Department

Posted in the Oconomowoc Forum

“Oconomowoc Police Department ”

Since: Jan 09

Oconomowoc

#1 Jan 17, 2009
Mailed tickets
The purpose of this blog is hear your stories regarding the unjust policies of the Oconomowoc Police Department.( further known as OWPD) Mostly this blog focuses in on MAILED TICKETS which the OWPD issues to it's citizens without any investigation. Most people go ahead and just pay the "requested fee". I, on the other hand, have challenged everyone because they HAVE ALL BEEN BOGUS!

The latest event that has stirred this blog was a ticket, that was mailed to my company, regarding "illegal pass of School bus". The members of my company all laughed. We all knew no one was using that vehicle at the time of the incident. Regardless, my company received a "mailed ticket" from the OWPD for a fine of $235.00. OWPD just expected us to pay...guess what...they have another thing coming......The TRUTH...with evidence...

Apparently the Ocon Transport CALLED THE COMPLAINT IN.

I called Mary at the OWPD to request a copy of the police report and was told by Mary that I had to submit a request to the City Attorney for a "Motion for Discovery Report".

WTF...this police report was a matter of Public record which the public had the right to...period....my company rights were violated regarding the right to access public information.(We did notice that the citation was published in the newspapers under the "police blotter") I stated this fact to Mary...but Mary became "stead fast" on her decision.

Due to my insistence upon the matter of public record, Mary resorted to "actual law" regarding requesting a copy of public record....state statute states that a request can take up to 10 days, but not longer.(I made the mistake of telling Mary that the hearing for this citation was within 7 days.) Mary knew the law and knew that she, the city, had to fulfill a request within a 10 day time period. I knew I had made her mad when I quoted statue...which she also knew...but upon my reminder to her that she must obey statue instead of giving the public B.S. to make them go away....this angered her.

Even if I filled out the form today to request a copy of public record....I made Mary mad. I reminded her of her duty, as a public servant, to uphold statutes. I knew I would not receive the copy of the police report, a matter of public record, before my hearing which was in about 7 days.....

I love how the "government" plays with the rules, but only to benefit themselves. American Justice in play....

“Oconomowoc Police Department ”

Since: Jan 09

Oconomowoc

#2 Jan 17, 2009
Continuing on....I now have to attend the hearing, without knowing the charges against my company....(the city attorney will have a copy of the police report, but I have been denied a copy...How unjust is that?). My recomendation for anyone who has encountered the same circumstances....to shut up in court until you see what the court has against you....it's all a fishing exposition otherwise)

So I will have to request a "motion for discovery report" to the court, which will then delay the citation for another hearing. Then I will have to adjust my schedule (workday,without pay) to attend yet another bogus hearing on a citation that should never have been issued, all due to lack of evidence.....or investigation by the OWPD. This will cost me money and the taxpayers of Oconomowoc money.....

Main point is....an investigation should have been conducted....period...it would have saved the taxpayers money as well as my company.....it's B.S

The OWPD response to that may state that it cost's more money to investigate fully...then to let it slide...or just issue a ticket on "one person's word" Read below to find out why....People just pay instead of disrupting their lives...even thou they are innocent.....

Truth is OWPD recieves more revenue from "mailed tickets" then from any other sort...check their reports...

Hello.....the OWPD officers are paid far less then the City attorney or Judge Stein (do I have the name right?) It cost's more for the City of Oconomowoc to reschedule hearing after hearing after hearing.....then if the OWPD had investigated the every citation rightously.....in the first place. Most people just pay the fine....rather that go to court...it therefore cost's the city less to "mail tickets"...even thou the folks are innocent....

But the percentages state that people just pay the fine, even thou unjust, just so they don't have to deal with the disruption in their lives....OWPD probably has those figures.....and that's why they continue to "mail tickets"

Sorry, OWPD, don't mess with me....I will challenge you every step of the way...it is unjust!

O.K. Most folks just pay the "requested fees" attached to the mailed ticket....since I have been voiceing my opinion regarding the matter, I have found many actually do that very same thing even thou these folks have been INNOCENT of the charge. These folks just want the matter to go away...since it disrupts their lives...so they just pay the fine....

Dammit...fight to protect our rights!...you know it's unjust yet you let OWPD get away with it...

I am so PO'd at OWPD system...I want to hear from you..do you feel the same?
Lowrite

Terre Haute, IN

#3 Jan 17, 2009
You will hear about my other 3 Bogus "mailed tickets" along the way...it had to do with Alexis Michael of Lake Manor and how she lied to police....yet the OWPD took her word as truth...time showed the truth and who the actual liar was...Alexis Michael...but it did not stop the issuance of bogus citations, false accusations, false rumors nor did it help me or my company's reputation....
These alligations were all due to a "call in complaint" by Alexis Michaels to the OWPD under FALSE ACCUSATIONS. We all later realized it was a lie concocted by Michaels...Now OWPD is fully aware of the situation and the fraudulant acts of Alexis Michaels. However it did not erase the turmoil I had to go through to prove my innocence....7 months worth....
I beat the MAILED TICKETS because there was never an investigation by the OWPD.....I had reciepts, I had evidence regarding where I was at the time of their citation....Citations that should never have been issued , it the offiecers had done an investigation of the compaint
Beleive me, I have many complaints against OWPD'S officers....especially Officer Pfisher.
This officer is bad news and he does lie....email me and I will testify to his credibility....I have proof and have filed at least 2 complaints against him....
Another office is Mark Schrang...He is a Liar...Newspaper reports will prove ...do not trust the OWPD officer....he has been found guilty...however he is getting smarter..by covering up his mistakes.....email me and I will testify to his credibility....
But it did cost me to defend myself and stand up to their Bogus B.S.....it cost me time away from my family, my work, my social life...it cost me to stand and say NO against their injustices....Most people don't have the privage of "time" to address" an issue....
I did...so therefore, I won....fighting OWPD and I feel better about myself!
Tell your story...Maybe we can get the Muni statutes changed...or at least make the public aware of OWPD's unjust policeys regarding Mailed tickets.
Tickets

Waukesha, WI

#4 Jan 20, 2009
I know someone who received a ticket for having snow on the back window of his cap on his pickup truck. All his other windows were clear, seat belts on, doing the speed limit, using his turn signal, etc.
This is odd because it's a work truck that is filled with equipment, preventing him from seeing out the back window anyway. He uses his side mirrors and has blindspot mirrors on each of them.
I understand if soomeone clears a small spot on their windshield, leaving snow and ice on the rest of the front and side windows, but snow on the back window of a cap on a truck?
Doesn't make any sense to me. He will fight it.
Question

Terre Haute, IN

#5 Jan 20, 2009
Tickets wrote:
I know someone who received a ticket for having snow on the back window of his cap on his pickup truck. All his other windows were clear, seat belts on, doing the speed limit, using his turn signal, etc.
This is odd because it's a work truck that is filled with equipment, preventing him from seeing out the back window anyway. He uses his side mirrors and has blindspot mirrors on each of them.
I understand if soomeone clears a small spot on their windshield, leaving snow and ice on the rest of the front and side windows, but snow on the back window of a cap on a truck?
Doesn't make any sense to me. He will fight it.
Ask him to check on his citation where it gives the statutes that he violated....there should be a statute number.

Then research it on the internet under muni codes and state codes...

First find out if the statute number on the ticket correlates with the muni or state statute...if it doesn't...that's just one more reason to get the ticket dismissed.

I had this on one of my MAILED TICKETS...I ended up beating it....

Txs for the input
One more thing

Terre Haute, IN

#6 Jan 20, 2009
Was this in Oconomowoc?

I would like to try to keep this blog focused in Oconomowoc....Txs
One more thing

Terre Haute, IN

#7 Jan 20, 2009
There was a recent incident that was reported on the news regarding a vehicle that had snow on the top of their vehicle....actually it was ice.

The "ice chunk" actually did fly off and went smashing though a car window behind the vehicle...

This happened just recently....according to the newsreport...there was talk about getting legislation involved with changing laws regarding this instance....

Because it happened just recently...within the past couple months...I highly doubt legislation could have been enacted that quickly....

Again have your friend look up and challenge the State statute that was written on his ticket...

I bet 10-1 that the it doesn't match up....or even exist....

American Justice at Work!
News Report

Terre Haute, IN

#8 Jan 20, 2009
The news Station that reported this was either TMJ4 or Fox6.....I can not remember which one...

It might be another avenue for your freind to research....(no legistlation yet...)

I remember that the reported stated that legislation was being considered regarding this issue.

P.S. We usually watch Fox6 so start there....
Tickets

Waukesha, WI

#9 Feb 2, 2009
Yes this was in Oconomowoc. Also, my friend did look up the statutes and the amounts for the fines are way more than the fines in the Wisconsin Statutes? Doesn't State law trump municipal?

P.S. it was not ice, it was a thin layer of snow.
Tickets

Cedarburg, WI

#10 May 7, 2009
I recieved a ticket for parking in a handicap spot right in front of On The Deck, I drove past store and noticed the going out of business signs and pulled over to the right side heading westbound, backed up looking at the markings on the road for proper spacing and there were no handicap markings on the curb or road just a sign posted with other signs on a pole that was too high to see from my vehicle,well needless to say 3 more tickets were issued to shoppers in the last 2 days because of poor marking of the spot and overzelous Mr. cool cycle cop. Makes you wonder why all the businesses are going under. Thankyou very much $148.00 later . So much for visiting that city!!!
Oconomowoc Mom

Framingham, MA

#11 May 15, 2009
Tickets wrote:
I know someone who received a ticket for having snow on the back window of his cap on his pickup truck. All his other windows were clear, seat belts on, doing the speed limit, using his turn signal, etc.
This is odd because it's a work truck that is filled with equipment, preventing him from seeing out the back window anyway. He uses his side mirrors and has blindspot mirrors on each of them.
I understand if soomeone clears a small spot on their windshield, leaving snow and ice on the rest of the front and side windows, but snow on the back window of a cap on a truck?
Doesn't make any sense to me. He will fight it.
It was dropped. He read the statutes :)
Steweywisc

Madison, WI

#12 Sep 8, 2009
a member of OWPD saved my daughters life but I still think they're all pricks because i got a parking ticket in the mail
Oconomowocreside nt

Milwaukee, WI

#13 Sep 19, 2009
I have a funny comment to add about OWPD. So, a couple summers ago when they got a police motorcycle, the officer rode past my house and performed an illegal U turn. Unfortunately, he was riding to slow and dumped the bike in the road. He attempted to lift the bike but was unable and a pedestrian came and helped him stand it up. Oh, and he has sergeant bars on his sleeve. Do you think his face turned red? lol
jim

AOL

#14 Oct 19, 2009
oconomowoc cops have no clue to real crime.All the do is bull shit there way trough the day.Drive down main street and see all the vacant stores.
Steven Riddle

Johnson Creek, WI

#15 Feb 23, 2011
We call the police to protect us. We call the police to help us. So when someone else needs protection or help that puts us in a bad light the police must ascertain facts. Then decide what to do. If they see it our way then they are doing a good job. If not then they are "pricks". Police work is like babysitting adults. What kind of sitter would you be?
dandk

Big Bend, WI

#16 Jun 19, 2011
we would like to thank the oconomowoc police and fire for the help we received during our motorcycle/deer accident. also thanks to the people that pulled over to help us out....sorry for the abusive language ...sometimes you have to say wtf
Steven Riddle

Oconomowoc, WI

#17 Jun 21, 2011
Steweywisc wrote:
a member of OWPD saved my daughters life but I still think they're all pricks because i got a parking ticket in the mail
What if your Kid was running out in the street and an oncoming car hit her because a illegally parked car blocked their view?
Aha

Saint Paul, MN

#18 Feb 4, 2012
Just curious for those of you who live there - I was visiting Oconomowoc this weekend for a funeral, and received a parking ticket for parking outside of my mother-in-law's apartment overnight. There were no signs posted saying no parking overnight. When we called the police to inquire about the ticket, they said the rules are posted on the outskirts of the city, and that we should have seen them when we came into town. Try as we might on our way out today, we couldn't find these signs. Is this something that's common knowledge in Wisconsin?
Brusskyle389

Watertown, WI

#20 Sep 8, 2016
Lowrite wrote:
Mailed tickets
The purpose of this blog is hear your stories regarding the unjust policies of the Oconomowoc Police Department.( further known as OWPD) Mostly this blog focuses in on MAILED TICKETS which the OWPD issues to it's citizens without any investigation. Most people go ahead and just pay the "requested fee". I, on the other hand, have challenged everyone because they HAVE ALL BEEN BOGUS!

The latest event that has stirred this blog was a ticket, that was mailed to my company, regarding "illegal pass of School bus". The members of my company all laughed. We all knew no one was using that vehicle at the time of the incident. Regardless, my company received a "mailed ticket" from the OWPD for a fine of $235.00. OWPD just expected us to pay...guess what...they have another thing coming......The TRUTH...with evidence...

Apparently the Ocon Transport CALLED THE COMPLAINT IN.

I called Mary at the OWPD to request a copy of the police report and was told by Mary that I had to submit a request to the City Attorney for a "Motion for Discovery Report".

WTF...this police report was a matter of Public record which the public had the right to...period....my company rights were violated regarding the right to access public information.(We did notice that the citation was published in the newspapers under the "police blotter") I stated this fact to Mary...but Mary became "stead fast" on her decision.

Due to my insistence upon the matter of public record, Mary resorted to "actual law" regarding requesting a copy of public record....state statute states that a request can take up to 10 days, but not longer.(I made the mistake of telling Mary that the hearing for this citation was within 7 days.) Mary knew the law and knew that she, the city, had to fulfill a request within a 10 day time period. I knew I had made her mad when I quoted statue...which she also knew...but upon my reminder to her that she must obey statue instead of giving the public B.S. to make them go away....this angered her.

Even if I filled out the form today to request a copy of public record....I made Mary mad. I reminded her of her duty, as a public servant, to uphold statutes. I knew I would not receive the copy of the police report, a matter of public record, before my hearing which was in about 7 days.....

I love how the "government" plays with the rules, but only to benefit themselves. American Justice in play....


I would like to submit my issue. I really hope it will not be taken lightly.
Ever since lived in Oconomowoc, the police have done nothing but harm, lies, manipulation and control of my personal life.
They have consistently files false reports against me, stopped to talk to me about irrelevant topics such as "you looking for a job" , " how are you getting along with your parents" , " do you go by a street name" , " what kind of music do you listen to" all these things that have nothing to do with any investigation, or such. Every time they stop me while I am walking, I almost feel like a slave. For if I try to walk away, they follow me until they know they cannot get me to willingly talk to them. So they just turn on the lights and or sirens to make a scene that suggests I violated the law.
I know for a fact they don't follow the Constitution because every time I bring it up, they say " well that doesn't apply to the investigation" or they change it up to seem legit.
Honestly, I feel like they have violated UN sanctions on numerous occasions, think they are in control, manipulate the data and media within this town in order to maintain the dishonesty and shadow that overwhelmingly is the mission statement of the contract to business they choose to abide.
Lastly, they have showed up on numerous occasions to places I was currently at that operate out of Oconomowoc jurisdiction.
Thank you for your time to review my claims.
Sincerely,
Kyle Thomas Bruss.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oconomowoc Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Okauchee Sex Offender Returns to Neighborhood (Feb '09) Aug '16 Fed up 59
homes for unwed mothers in 1957 (May '11) Jul '16 phyllis 7
News Icon Writing Workshop in Oconomowoc, June 2016 (Dec '15) Dec '15 paul 1
Yvonne Casper (Aug '15) Aug '15 Friend 1
News Steven Walters: E-cigarette popularity lights u... (Mar '15) Mar '15 gravytrain 2
Debate: Iowa GOP Debate - Oconomowoc, WI (Aug '11) Feb '15 Right to Free Speech 3
News Walker's budget questioned by Republicans, too (Feb '15) Feb '15 lLL 1

Oconomowoc Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Oconomowoc Mortgages