St. Jerome's Catholic Church in Ocono...

St. Jerome's Catholic Church in Oconomowoc

Posted in the Oconomowoc Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Feb 08

Muskego, WI

#1 Feb 29, 2008
I will be posting information on Topix and other locations regarding St. Jerome's church refusing to allow a child to attend their school. The reason? The child was adopted by parents of the same gender. St. Jerome's has decided to punish the child because of the sexual preferences of the parents.
Even if you and your children meet the social and economic requirements to attend this apparent exclusive (and uninclusive) institution, you should still be disappointed. This church has apparently stopped worshiping Christ and is now only worshiping the Vatican.
This is not an isolated incident. There are numerous accounts of people being rejected by St. Jerome's because they do not fit their mold. Usually however, they only reject people if they live together prior to marriage or refuse to baptize children if the parents aren't married or have been remarried.
More information will follow. If anyone has any information about this or wishes to comment please do. We as Catholics are called to love. This is not love. Its the exclusion of it.
Applause

Lake Mills, WI

#2 Mar 4, 2008
mackmans747 wrote:
I will be posting information on Topix and other locations regarding St. Jerome's church refusing to allow a child to attend their school. The reason? The child was adopted by parents of the same gender. St. Jerome's has decided to punish the child because of the sexual preferences of the parents.
Even if you and your children meet the social and economic requirements to attend this apparent exclusive (and uninclusive) institution, you should still be disappointed. This church has apparently stopped worshiping Christ and is now only worshiping the Vatican.
This is not an isolated incident. There are numerous accounts of people being rejected by St. Jerome's because they do not fit their mold. Usually however, they only reject people if they live together prior to marriage or refuse to baptize children if the parents aren't married or have been remarried.
More information will follow. If anyone has any information about this or wishes to comment please do. We as Catholics are called to love. This is not love. Its the exclusion of it.
Do you people even read the Bible?? As much as we are called to love and Jesus loves ALL of his creations, homosexuality is a SIN according to His Word. I am not even Catholic, and I can see why this decision was made!

While it is unfortunate for the child that they do not have the CHOICE to attend the school (if indeed the kid even wants to go there, where he/she would probably be treated like an oddity), I agree with the stand of the church on this. They have certain rules of faith and practice; they must in good conscience before God, stick to what they believe is Scriptural.

Also, realistically, you must be aware that if the child of this kind of family were allowed to attend that school alongside the children of a 'regular' family, then 1/2 the school's population would suddenly leave!

Put yourself in the shoes of the church officials for once, stop being so judgmental of them and contemplate the decisions they are faced with on a daily basis! It's not always as easy as you think!
Second that

Terre Haute, IN

#3 Mar 4, 2008
I second the above post...

NO to Homo's!!!

Oshkosh, WI

#4 Mar 11, 2008
It's amusing you tell me not to be judgemental in the same breath as saying we should judge the child and the parents as sinners and reject them. Eating fat and shell fish is also a SIN according to the Bible. I wonder if St. Jeromes has rejected anyone for that. And let us not forget it is sinful to touch pork (sorry football players you are rejected) and my personal favorite, it is a SIN to enter the temple if you have only one testicle. Gotta wonder how St. Jeromes will be determining that one.
If you can find a passage that documents one person who Jesus rejected please let me know. How can we be expected to change immorial behavior if we will not even let sinners in as Jesus did?
Applause wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you people even read the Bible?? As much as we are called to love and Jesus loves ALL of his creations, homosexuality is a SIN according to His Word. I am not even Catholic, and I can see why this decision was made!
While it is unfortunate for the child that they do not have the CHOICE to attend the school (if indeed the kid even wants to go there, where he/she would probably be treated like an oddity), I agree with the stand of the church on this. They have certain rules of faith and practice; they must in good conscience before God, stick to what they believe is Scriptural.
Also, realistically, you must be aware that if the child of this kind of family were allowed to attend that school alongside the children of a 'regular' family, then 1/2 the school's population would suddenly leave!
Put yourself in the shoes of the church officials for once, stop being so judgmental of them and contemplate the decisions they are faced with on a daily basis! It's not always as easy as you think!
FIVE0

Kenosha, WI

#5 Mar 14, 2008
You catholics are amazing - the rules keep changing. You have covered up for homosexual priests for years so why not let them come to mass to learn of Christs love, then they may see their sinful distructive behavior and repent. Remember the plank in your own eye.

Muskego, WI

#6 Mar 15, 2008
FIVE0 you hit it on the head and brought up an excellent point. Hypocrisy! But its not just this one incident. There are dozens of cases of people who have been rejected by St. Jerome's exclusive organization for a number of different things.
They refused to marry a US Soldier who was fighting in Afghanistan because he could not attend a Catholic mass on a regular basis while overseas. They have refused to baptize children because of the indescresions of their parents. I can't imagine refusing to cleanse the sins of a child because her parents lived together prior to being married.
FIVE0 wrote:
You catholics are amazing - the rules keep changing. You have covered up for homosexual priests for years so why not let them come to mass to learn of Christs love, then they may see their sinful distructive behavior and repent. Remember the plank in your own eye.

Muskego, WI

#7 Mar 15, 2008
Second that your comments are ignorant and bigoted but at least you just say it rather then claiming some superior moral high ground and pick and choose certain Biblical passages most of which come from the Torah.
Second that wrote:
I second the above post...
NO to Homo's!!!

Since: May 07

Oconomowoc

#8 Mar 27, 2008
Well, at least there is more than one church to attend and more than one school to send our children to.

Each must make their own decision of what is best. It's unlikely you'll be able to change them so if a church does not teach the way you believe, find another one.
Neighbor

Waukesha, WI

#9 Mar 31, 2008
FIVE0 wrote:
I am a Christian, but I don't see the relationship between going to mass and truly repenting. To repent means to turn away from sin. The priests did not repent, victimized thousands of children and denied everything. They and the Catholic religion covered up the abuse which allowed it to continue and prosper and spread.

God is my judge and Jesus is the only one able to forgive us of our sins. He knows what's in our heart. I'm not going to ask a man to forgive my sins, he is human and sinful by nature. Stop putting men on pedastals.
Clare

Madison, WI

#10 Apr 2, 2008
Hey, when is St. Jeromes moving its services? I'd like to get the traffic out of my neighborhood. As to the policies of the school, how could anyone NOT know about this? It isn't like the dogma of the Catholic church is secret.
Mackman747

Muskego, WI

#11 Apr 4, 2008
Therein lies the problem. The misconceptions that the Catholic faith is entirely run by its "Dogma" and not by the people who fill its pews. The Dogma was created by men. Jesus never commented on wether or not an adopted child should be allowed to enter a church based on the sins of the parents. I seem to recall Him saying things like love, kindness, acceptance, and compassion. Not "your not allowed" and "you are rejected".
Lets wake up and take our church back.
And Clare the reason people do not know about this is because there are other Catholic churches in the area who accept all of St. Jerome's "rejects."
Shane from Wauwatosa

United States

#12 Apr 7, 2008
I would love to know how many of their members practice birth control, had children out of wedlock, had pre-marital sex,had abortions, committed adultry, etc, etc. If they want a "sin free" congregation according to the tenets of the Catholic church, they better brace for a lot of empty pews based on an inquisition into "violations". Maybe they feel heterosexual sins are not as serious. What would Christ really do? Banish innocent children from a Catholic education?

Since: May 07

Oconomowoc

#13 Apr 7, 2008
If indeed the Catholic church is against homosexuality, why did they cover up abuse by transferring priests accused of sexually assaulting children to new churches where the abuse continued?

It seems to me they are saying it's okay for priests to not only be homosexual, but sexual deviants.

I just don't get it.
LakeCountryMom

United States

#14 Apr 23, 2008
Did they come out and say this as why they would not accept your child into the school? Another great reason NOT to privatize (aka voucher) educational funding, as it take funds from public schools must accept ALL children. We also adopted and are looking at options in the area, noted 0 diversity at this school. If judgmental intolerance is the norm, no loss. Your kids are better off elsewhere.

Muskego, WI

#15 May 6, 2008
Their presiding priest, who may be better described as a Pharasees, is openly and viamently anti-gay. He wrote a letter afterwards defending his decision stating that they (St. Jeromes) would not allow openly gay people in their school. And/or apparently the children of gay parents. I have actually always been an advocate of the school voucher program, however this matter does shed an intresting light on the issue.
LakeCountryMom wrote:
Did they come out and say this as why they would not accept your child into the school? Another great reason NOT to privatize (aka voucher) educational funding, as it take funds from public schools must accept ALL children. We also adopted and are looking at options in the area, noted 0 diversity at this school. If judgmental intolerance is the norm, no loss. Your kids are better off elsewhere.

Muskego, WI

#16 May 6, 2008
Bigot is defined as:
A person obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group with hatred and intolerance.

I pray to understand why bigotry is allowed and tolerated when it is thinly veiled by the doctrine of the Church. Because the church says something is a sin, suddenly bigotry is acceptable. I don't understand.

Are we not called to follow Christ's example? If we are, then please someone show me where He denied anyone.
Where did Christ comment on homosexuality?
When Jesus feed the 5000 did He filter out the homosexuals and other sinners like St. Jeromes does?
the Word of God

Lake Mills, WI

#17 May 6, 2008
mackmans747 wrote:
Bigot is defined as:
A person obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group with hatred and intolerance.
I pray to understand why bigotry is allowed and tolerated when it is thinly veiled by the doctrine of the Church. Because the church says something is a sin, suddenly bigotry is acceptable. I don't understand.
Are we not called to follow Christ's example? If we are, then please someone show me where He denied anyone.
Where did Christ comment on homosexuality?
When Jesus feed the 5000 did He filter out the homosexuals and other sinners like St. Jeromes does?
Romans 1:27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion.

Leviticus 18:22 You must not have sexual intercourse with a male as one has sexual intercourse with a woman; it is a detestable act.

Leviticus 20:13 If a man has sexual intercourse with a male as one has sexual intercourse with a woman, the two of them have committed an abomination. They must be put to death; their blood guilt is on themselves.

There you have it...from God Himself...

Muskego, WI

#18 May 7, 2008
I am aware of the scripture in the Old Testemant regarding the issue. Its right next to the Word of God that says its a sin to eat pork, fat, and shell fish. It is also a sin to round the corners of your beard. Side note: I don't have a beard at all, should I be stoned?
Leviticus also says that stubborn children shall be stoned by their parents. Side note: I pray you don't have kids. It is also Law that no handicapped person can approach God or the Temple.
Regarding Romans, it sounds more like the Word of the Apostle Paul than the Word of Christ who called us all to love and turned away no one.
the Word of God wrote:
<quoted text>
Romans 1:27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion.
Leviticus 18:22 You must not have sexual intercourse with a male as one has sexual intercourse with a woman; it is a detestable act.
Leviticus 20:13 If a man has sexual intercourse with a male as one has sexual intercourse with a woman, the two of them have committed an abomination. They must be put to death; their blood guilt is on themselves.
There you have it...from God Himself...
Choices

Lake Mills, WI

#19 May 11, 2008
mackmans747 wrote:
Regarding Romans, it sounds more like the Word of the Apostle Paul than the Word of Christ who called us all to love and turned away no one.
<quoted text>
2 Timothy 3:16-17
ALL Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.

If you choose to only except parts of the Bible as God's Word, then there really is no discussion. You are trying to set up your own rule sustem then obviously and not adhere to God's.

God LOVES the sinner, but hates the SIN. This is not bigotry; this is the world HE created. It is only His longsuffering and patience that has allowed it to get to the state of sin that it is in.

In the end, it is each person's choice whether they accept Him and His way (the only way) to heaven through the death of His Son on the cross. The person who chooses to try to do things his own way/choose his own set of rules and standards will end up in death and destruction.

Make no mistake, it is a HUMAN CHOICE; God has made His way clear and accessible.

Muskego, WI

#20 May 27, 2008
By your own logic a stuborn child should be stoned to death (Det 21:18), a woman who is raped in a city and fails to cry for help should be stoned to death (Det 21:23), and we should all be killed if we eat fat, blood, pork, or lobster (Det 12:14) because it says it in Deuteronomy. Oh yeah, we should also be killed for improper grooming out our beards. I like that one.
To the best of my knowledge, St. Jeromes hasn't been paying any mind to all of those "Laws" and thank God. However they do cling to the anti-gay theme rigorously.
Cafeteria catholics I guess because as you said "You are trying to set up your own rule system then obviously and not adhere to God's".
Choices wrote:
<quoted text>
2 Timothy 3:16-17
ALL Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.
If you choose to only except parts of the Bible as God's Word, then there really is no discussion. You are trying to set up your own rule sustem then obviously and not adhere to God's.
God LOVES the sinner, but hates the SIN. This is not bigotry; this is the world HE created. It is only His longsuffering and patience that has allowed it to get to the state of sin that it is in.
In the end, it is each person's choice whether they accept Him and His way (the only way) to heaven through the death of His Son on the cross. The person who chooses to try to do things his own way/choose his own set of rules and standards will end up in death and destruction.
Make no mistake, it is a HUMAN CHOICE; God has made His way clear and accessible.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oconomowoc Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
homes for unwed mothers in 1957 (May '11) Feb '18 Cooneygirl 9
News The Makers of Brownberry Bread Restore a Classic (Jun '07) Nov '17 Sharon Carroll 49
News Anti-Gay Church Protests Brookfield 'Mega Church' (Jul '12) Jul '17 fuuny 21
The Spaming (May '17) May '17 Atleast Its Alloqed 1
News Should Sex Predators Have Identifying License P... (Mar '07) Apr '17 eskaysea 73
News Heroin program in March (Feb '17) Feb '17 Mark 2
Oconomowoc Police Department (Jan '09) Sep '16 Brusskyle389 19

Oconomowoc Jobs

Personal Finance

Oconomowoc Mortgages