New band looking for members!!!

New band looking for members!!!

Posted in the Oconomowoc Forum

ClintonP

United States

#1 Apr 3, 2008
If you know anyone that can play an instrument, sing, or write songs, this is the chance to do it! I am planning to create a new band. We are making the age requirements for ages 12-15. If you are like, a couple off, thats fine too. If enough people want to join, then we might be holding auditions, but in the meantime, email to graniteband@hotmail.com or go to freewebs.com/graniteband Our band is planning to be called Granite, but if you have any more ideas, just e mail me as much as you please. I wont be annoyed. If you know anyone just please tell them all this imformation.

Since: May 07

Oconomowoc

#2 Apr 3, 2008
It might help to let people know what kind of music your band will play. The more information you can provide to people the better. Such as where the band will practice (what town) and how often, since tweens and teens will need their parents permission and help with transportation.

Also, PLEASE BE CAREFUL online and responding to email, people are not always who they claim to be. I hope that you have a parent or other trusted adult to help you achieve these goals, while remaining safe.

Best of luck to you in reaching for your star!
ClintonP

United States

#3 Apr 4, 2008
Oconomowoc Mom wrote:
It might help to let people know what kind of music your band will play. The more information you can provide to people the better. Such as where the band will practice (what town) and how often, since tweens and teens will need their parents permission and help with transportation.
Also, PLEASE BE CAREFUL online and responding to email, people are not always who they claim to be. I hope that you have a parent or other trusted adult to help you achieve these goals, while remaining safe.
Best of luck to you in reaching for your star!
Thanks for wishing me good luck. I could really use it. Our music is gonna be a big variety, but I like certain bands like AFI and Relient K (look them up. AFI might look scary, but they're really nice guys.) As for the rehearsals and practices, we will get that figured out when we get more members. All there really is, is me though so it'll be a while. I really hope more people will find this post. If you are reading this, anyone then please pass the word around. It would mean a lot to me. Unfortunately, most of the people around my age goes to the OMS and that means that there arent many more people out there. I really hope it works though.
ClintonP

United States

#4 Apr 8, 2008
Just a reminder, if anyone knows anyone that plays anything, or knows someone who knows someone that plays anything, that would help a lot. At least e mail me or wish me good luck. I hope my band wish will come true because its my B-Day tommorow

Since: May 07

Oconomowoc

#5 Apr 9, 2008
Happy Birthday!

I have an idea you might want to try. You have probably noticed the free ads at grocery stores, laundry mats, St. Vincent, etc. You could print up your own ads or use their "Free Ads". This could help spread the word locally to kids who attend other schools. You might also consider talking with music teachers and/or ask to place info at local music stores and the library.

It may take awhile. In the meantime, continue singing, writing or playing your instrument - as often as possible. Persistence and determination are the keys to success.

Best wishes to you.
ClintonP

United States

#6 Apr 11, 2008
Thanks alot! I could really use some good advice. These forums arent working very well for me anyway. You're the only one that replied to this. I hope my wish will come true. I'll do anything to accomplish my task

Since: Apr 08

United States

#7 Apr 18, 2008
Thanks. The place where I get my guitar lessons is letting me post something there and I found another person in my school that might join. I need to see who else is interested before I let people I know in. If I say that we found someone better it would ruin my friendship with that person, so I'm not gonna make any promises now. Where are those places that I can post some more ads? I'd like to know. I live right near downtown, so if there's anything there, that would be awsome. Maybe my friends at the comic book store will help. I dunno.
death angel

Fair Oaks, CA

#8 Sep 1, 2009
ill join is the band in ca

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oconomowoc Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
homes for unwed mothers in 1957 (May '11) Nov '17 Anonymous 8
News The Makers of Brownberry Bread Restore a Classic (Jun '07) Nov '17 Sharon Carroll 49
News Anti-Gay Church Protests Brookfield 'Mega Church' (Jul '12) Jul '17 fuuny 21
The Spaming (May '17) May '17 Atleast Its Alloqed 1
News Should Sex Predators Have Identifying License P... (Mar '07) Apr '17 eskaysea 73
News Heroin program in March (Feb '17) Feb '17 Mark 2
Oconomowoc Police Department (Jan '09) Sep '16 Brusskyle389 19

Oconomowoc Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Oconomowoc Mortgages