Comments
1 - 20 of 114 Comments Last updated Thursday Aug 21
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
mother of 4

Fitzgerald, GA

#1 Jul 18, 2012
WHAT in the crap is the world coming to? Really? You can use food stamps to buy subway? This is so wrong, I am a working mother who pays taxes, and I do NOT think this should be allowed! PERIOD!!
Jeanette

Eveleth, MN

#2 Jul 18, 2012
I have a problem with all the junk food, sodas, frozen meals that are paid for with food stamps. From the looks of some grocery carts, some folks never cook a real meal! Frozen fried chicken? Really?
stressed

Long Beach, CA

#3 Jul 18, 2012
mother of 4 wrote:
WHAT in the crap is the world coming to? Really? You can use food stamps to buy subway? This is so wrong, I am a working mother who pays taxes, and I do NOT think this should be allowed! PERIOD!!
everyone pay taxes not only you, and FYI PEOPLE ON FOOD STAMPS HAVE KIDS...KIDS GET HUNGRY....WTF R THEY SUPOST TO EAT ROCKS....if u dont know what people are going thrugh plz dont post stupid shit thats just rude first educate your self and give thanx to god that you are a healthy person with money and a job.....
just my opinion

Raleigh, NC

#4 Jul 19, 2012
stressed wrote:
<quoted text>
everyone pay taxes not only you, and FYI PEOPLE ON FOOD STAMPS HAVE KIDS...KIDS GET HUNGRY....WTF R THEY SUPOST TO EAT ROCKS....if u dont know what people are going thrugh plz dont post stupid shit thats just rude first educate your self and give thanx to god that you are a healthy person with money and a job.....
But some of us working parents that work for what we get doesnt have the money alot of weeks to go out to eat so why should others that have money handed to them??? Dont get me wrong I know everybody goes through hard times and having to get food stamps to help you get back on your feet is totally understandable to me. But so many people take advantage of the system that it isnt funny! I truly believe stricter guidelines should be put on welfare. I believe that you should only be allowed to receive it for a set amount of time that way maybe some deadbeats would have to learn to provide for their families.
MEE

Ambrose, GA

#5 Jul 22, 2012
stressed wrote:
<quoted text>
FYI, no your kids shouldn't eat rocks, but I shouldn't pay for you to go to subway and get a sub with freakin food stamps! Take your sorry but home and cook. And every one does NOT pay taxes honey. You should re-read my post, I am not downing people for rec'ing food stamps, I think its sad that you can now use them at subway....
uhh

Enfield, IL

#6 Jul 22, 2012
I was shocked to see the sign and think it is rediculous.
stressed

Long Beach, CA

#7 Jul 22, 2012
MEE wrote:
<quoted text>
FYI, no your kids shouldn't eat rocks, but I shouldn't pay for you to go to subway and get a sub with freakin food stamps! Take your sorry but home and cook. And every one does NOT pay taxes honey. You should re-read my post, I am not downing people for rec'ing food stamps, I think its sad that you can now use them at subway....
Other thing you should know if u havent informed your self and i mean everyone who is posting here and doesnt know ONLY people with disability that cant make a home meal for them selfs get the privileges to go and get a subway, mcdonal, and kfc with EBT aka Food stamps....
Jack

Kittanning, PA

#8 Jul 23, 2012
I know people on disablilty because the come to me wanting a job that requires manual labor and wants me to pay them cash because the do not want to lose there check and food stamps. Is that what you are refering to. Maybe you are refering to people on EBT to feed those kids you refered to but instead try to trade them for cash because that govt assistance is not good enough for them. Please let me know which one your talking about because I know both!!!!
stressed wrote:
<quoted text>
Other thing you should know if u havent informed your self and i mean everyone who is posting here and doesnt know ONLY people with disability that cant make a home meal for them selfs get the privileges to go and get a subway, mcdonal, and kfc with EBT aka Food stamps....
teeter

Fitzgerald, GA

#9 Jul 26, 2012
easier said than done!!!!! Some peoples living situations are just different than others! It does not mean that everyone who receives fs or disability are bad people who are just lazy. There are people who actually need them. People you wouldn't ever guess got them, get them!!!
Yes the subway thing is not fair I agree! But I pay taxes and work to. So if I need foodstamps then I'm going to get them!
stressed

Long Beach, CA

#10 Jul 27, 2012
teeter wrote:
easier said than done!!!!! Some peoples living situations are just different than others! It does not mean that everyone who receives fs or disability are bad people who are just lazy. There are people who actually need them. People you wouldn't ever guess got them, get them!!!
Yes the subway thing is not fair I agree! But I pay taxes and work to. So if I need foodstamps then I'm going to get them!
thank you u said exacly what i mean and finally someone understands...
Chelsea

Long Beach, CA

#11 Nov 21, 2012
.02 cents of your taxes go to food stamps. I think there are more important issues than poor people being able to eat at subway. Grow up and get a heart. children depend on that and I think just cause they have poor parents doesn't mean they shouldn't get to go out and eat sometimes... And no I'm not on food stamps, just a military wife who can from a "poor family" who couldn't afford food.
DavidLaRocca

Barnwell, SC

#12 Nov 24, 2012
mother of 4 wrote:
How is buying a sub from Subway any different from buying a ready-made sub from Wal-Mart? Aside from the fact that the Subway sub is made right in front of your eyes, and you have no idea how long the Wal-Mart sub has been there, there is no difference. And to the poster after you, complaining that food stamp recipients buy frozen dinners and the like, we buy those things because they are cheap, and we receive only about $200 a month, which does not go as far as you think it would.
mother of 4

Byron, GA

#13 Nov 25, 2012
DavidLaRocca wrote:
<quoted text>
How is buying a sub from Subway any different from buying a ready-made sub from Wal-Mart? Aside from the fact that the Subway sub is made right in front of your eyes, and you have no idea how long the Wal-Mart sub has been there, there is no difference. And to the poster after you, complaining that food stamp recipients buy frozen dinners and the like, we buy those things because they are cheap, and we receive only about $200 a month, which does not go as far as you think it would.
I will tell you how it's different. If I was in "need" of food stamps, to buy my family food, then I shouldn't be buying already made food. There are times I have to tell my children, no to fast food. How can someone come in and buy a sub with food stamps? It's NOT fair. And not all people receive only 200$ a month. I know a family of 3 right now that receive well over 500$. It's bad enough that the people receiving food stamps can buy freakin T-Bones, ribs, chips, candy, cookies, snack cakes, A-1, when I have to buy knock off A-1, generic snack cakes, steaks when they are on sale, because I DONT get food stamps!!! along with many other pissed off people!!
DavidLaRocca

Barnwell, SC

#14 Nov 27, 2012
mother of 4 wrote:
<quoted text>
I will tell you how it's different. If I was in "need" of food stamps, to buy my family food, then I shouldn't be buying already made food. There are times I have to tell my children, no to fast food. How can someone come in and buy a sub with food stamps? It's NOT fair. And not all people receive only 200$ a month. I know a family of 3 right now that receive well over 500$. It's bad enough that the people receiving food stamps can buy freakin T-Bones, ribs, chips, candy, cookies, snack cakes, A-1, when I have to buy knock off A-1, generic snack cakes, steaks when they are on sale, because I DONT get food stamps!!! along with many other pissed off people!!
Buying a sub at Subway is cheaper than buying the ingredients to make your own sandwich.$1 for a loaf of sliced white bread +$3 or $4 for a pack of bologna +$3 or $4 for a pack of cheese + whatever the cost if yoou want all those healthy vegetables Subway puts on their sandwiches... you're looking at at least $7 just to make a dinky little white bread sandwich. I'll take a $5 footlong sub with all the fixin's on it any day.
richie

United States

#15 Dec 4, 2012
O quit bitchin
Emily

Olympia, WA

#16 Jan 4, 2013
Ignorant republicans that only care about themselves....smh. I buy what I want with my EBT. why? Because its MY EBT. Not yours. I do have a job and I pay taxes as well, but with the way the economy is today, not everyone can get a fancy shmancy job and pay for all the healthy food they wish they could eat. Do you know how expensive it is to feed yourself healthy organic foods? VERY EXPENSIVE. I try to eat as healthily as possible but with only 200$ a month it's very difficult. The family you know that gets well over 500$ gets it because they have kids. That makes sense. How would you feed 3 people on 200 dollars a month? You can't. So get over it!
too funny82

Columbia, SC

#17 Jan 6, 2013
After reading all comments i must sit back and laugh at the ignorance of others. I noticed majority of the working class seems to be outraged as to how ppl w/ebt spend their funds. I agree with Chelesa I think you are focused on the wrong issues here lol. And sorry to all that must buy the generic brands of food, but explain how that effects you other than your feelings. Yes i laugh because the small pleases of food are being looked down upon, be mindful you could find yourselves in the same position....you know "shoe on the other foot". And take a look at your own life and evaluate what is actually luxuries and the bare necessities. That might be where the extra funds for your brand name groceries go each month..smh some ppl
I am a mother of 3. I work 3 yes 3 part time jobs, thats how bad the economy and job market is in my state. I still get food stamps but have no personal transpo, live in an apt with nowhere for my 3 to play and because of what i make dont qualify for a home loan, and y would i attempt to get one with my current financial status, nor can i afford to move because of my income. Now i'm sure a smartass is gonna say the fathers should help when such as myself but ultimately the burden falls on "mommy" whether CS is paid or not
With all being said be thankful for what you do have and focus on YOUR path! Keep your eyes on Jesus an walk on water, look around lose focus and drown thats the way i see it.
Family

Tifton, GA

#18 Jan 7, 2013
I would like to say that I am a disabled woman who can't work. I would love to have my job back and be able to make my own money and buy my groceries WITHOUT foodstamps, but since that is not a choice I have anymore I would love to take the opportunity to enlighten you people.....I get tired of cooking sometimes and I SHOULD BE ALLOWED to have someone else fix my food once in a while just like everyone else. I worked for 35 years and paid taxes so that IF i needed it, I would have help and not I HAVE TO HAVE help. It's not fun and it's quite EMBARRASSING to me to have to use food stamps for the rest of my life, BUT you need to understand that people who judge us just make us feel like a piece of crap because OUR BODIES BETRAYED us and became to sick to work. So the next time you see someone buying a sandwich at SUBWAY or a steak in the grocery store why don't you try understanding that WE get tired of having the same things all the time and our bodies are sick and we don't feel like cooking every meal. Why not try to open your heart to someone elses embarrassing situation and have a smile on your face if they look up and make eye contact with you by accident, instead of frowning at us and making us feel like a lesser person than you. NOT ALL OF US ARE TAKING ADVANTAGE OF THE SYSTEM. WE CAN'T ALL HELP BEING IN THE BOAT WERE IN SOMETIMES.
amber

Appleton, WI

#19 Jan 9, 2013
DavidLaRocca wrote:
<quoted text>
Buying a sub at Subway is cheaper than buying the ingredients to make your own sandwich.$1 for a loaf of sliced white bread +$3 or $4 for a pack of bologna +$3 or $4 for a pack of cheese + whatever the cost if yoou want all those healthy vegetables Subway puts on their sandwiches... you're looking at at least $7 just to make a dinky little white bread sandwich. I'll take a $5 footlong sub with all the fixin's on it any day.
complete bs. I often stop in at the grocery store and make a sandwhich. I get one roll from the bakery. I usually get a corossiant. I go over to the deli and get one piece of meat and one slice of cheese. Then I go over to the salad bar for lettuce tomato whatever and also grab a packet of mayo or mustard. I bring it up to the register and it typically costs under 2 dollars. One sandwhich!
amber

Appleton, WI

#20 Jan 9, 2013
too funny82 wrote:
After reading all comments i must sit back and laugh at the ignorance of others. I noticed majority of the working class seems to be outraged as to how ppl w/ebt spend their funds. I agree with Chelesa I think you are focused on the wrong issues here lol. And sorry to all that must buy the generic brands of food, but explain how that effects you other than your feelings. Yes i laugh because the small pleases of food are being looked down upon, be mindful you could find yourselves in the same position....you know "shoe on the other foot". And take a look at your own life and evaluate what is actually luxuries and the bare necessities. That might be where the extra funds for your brand name groceries go each month..smh some ppl
I am a mother of 3. I work 3 yes 3 part time jobs, thats how bad the economy and job market is in my state. I still get food stamps but have no personal transpo, live in an apt with nowhere for my 3 to play and because of what i make dont qualify for a home loan, and y would i attempt to get one with my current financial status, nor can i afford to move because of my income. Now i'm sure a smartass is gonna say the fathers should help when such as myself but ultimately the burden falls on "mommy" whether CS is paid or not
With all being said be thankful for what you do have and focus on YOUR path! Keep your eyes on Jesus an walk on water, look around lose focus and drown thats the way i see it.
look at u judging the working class. I think it is terrible that my husband and I both work but cannot ever afford to eat out. My daughter often goes to school with a bannana and a boiles egg for lunch becaus e it is all we can afford. Why? Becaus e my husband pays 600 a month in child support so his ex can sit on her ass not work for 7 years and live off of him and the governemnt. So no I don't not think it is fair that she gets to quit her job and live off of everyone else. And I don't think it is fair that she can afford to take her kid out to eat all the time when we can't afford it once a month. It is very often that welfare recipents have a bigger disposable income that working public. Its bull crap and I'm sick of it.and ur attitude disgusts me. With this new fricking tax hike we probably won't wven be abk e to afford gas to get to work so maybe my next post will be "yeah welfare rocks. My ass is getting so fat from sitting on it" maybe then we can be friends

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ocilla Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 2 min ChicknButt 53,099
Debate: Ferguson - Fitzgerald, GA 6 hr LMAO 21
ratchet females of Ben hill 18 hr sureis 3
GA Who do you support for Attorney General in Geor... (Oct '10) 18 hr Pfffft 185
Mr. Al Sh............ (Dec '12) Wed kamikaziekumslut 2
Gene Mitchell I would save my money if I were y... (Aug '12) Wed eww 27
across the way Wed silly rabbit 7
•••
•••
•••

Ocilla Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Ocilla People Search