safety in our schools

safety in our schools

Posted in the Ocilla Forum

workingmom

United States

#1 Aug 15, 2009
My son has been a recent victim of school recess bullying in elementary school. Anyone out there from Ocilla that would like to get together and stop this with me? Please let me know. I do work 7 days a week, but I'm fixing to move into the school house I guess. I'm going to take a pay cut, leave a job with benefits and insurance so that I can make sure the school keeps good on their promise for each student to have the right to be in a bully free enviroment. Please let me know if you are having the same problems. We are the voice of our children.
mom

Moultrie, GA

#2 Jul 6, 2012
Not right now, but I too experienced this with Irwin County. Had to take my child to the doctor for a busted cornea and ICES said that there was n bullying occuring. However, the teacher told me later that my child had been hiding behind her during recess before this happened. I was furious she never mentioned this before he was punched in the face by two other children on the playground. She didn't even call me, hell she didn't even notice that her kindergarten student was punched in the face around 10 am until the child got on the school bus. The student had a busted cornea; his eye was extremely red and swollen. She isn't paying much attention. give me an email contact and we can get the ball rolling. The only request I made was for a recess schedule to be put in place. B/c based on the research I've done the playground and lunch room are the most dangerous and need schedules to keep the enviorment safe and free from bullying. The principal told me that "you can come and be in charge of the equipment and set up the schedule of recess." She told me this in front of my child's teacher. Not serious, just being a total smart ass. I was trying to be professional, and regret no sueing their asses off b/c when I told the head hancho she laughed at me. She questioned the student that hit my child and led them into what she wanted them to say through suggestion.
shelbi Holimon

Columbus, GA

#3 Jul 7, 2012
I'm in.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#4 Jul 7, 2012
I concur that bullying is routine and largely overlooked. Happened to mine also.
tottally tired of politic

Ocilla, GA

#5 Oct 4, 2012
I think yall should head over to the ICES and talk to some of those parents as well. Some have children in ICES and some in ICMS. Sounds like yall might have something in common and want to get something done.
tottally tired of politic

Ocilla, GA

#6 Oct 4, 2012
sorry yall here on topix there is a ICES topix that yall might want to look at and talk to some of the parnets.
Susan

Ocilla, GA

#7 Oct 4, 2012
Please do. I am sure the teachers would enjoy the help. And be sure besides the schedule, you are there daily to monitor the playground, wipe the snotty noses, listen to the whining, make sure Shasqueesha is not beating on Davakorious, Edward is not beating on Rebecca. Make sure Child A is not looking at Child B, and that Child C is not licking her tongue at Child D.

Go ahead and make that schedule, just be sure you make the schedule of which parents will be there on which days, which times, etc. to monitor the little darlings. The school would love the help and remember, once you are assigned a duty you must be there, no excuses.

Be sure you are aware of the laws, rules, regulations and guidelines for regular ed and special ed. No child should be mistreated while you are on watch. And I am sure the teachers will thank you for your very nice offer of help.
shelbi Holloman

Atlanta, GA

#8 Oct 5, 2012
Susan you sound like a disgruntled teacher. Time for a career change perhaps?
Susan

Fitzgerald, GA

#9 Oct 5, 2012
Oh no, no,,,sorry. No teacher here, ever. Have watched a friend or two suffer through that career choice.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ocilla Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jermaine Graham 4 hr Chief 9
Looking for an old friend (Mar '17) 4 hr Chief 22
Kaila Spires Thu CallingThemOut 7
Logan knight (Aug '16) Thu Family 2
Advice needed Thu Chief 2
Homecoming Sep 20 Chief 9
Why'd AJ Dierker leave zaxbys Sep 20 Chief 10

Ocilla Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance