Nick's discussion
Barbara Ann

Warner Robins, GA

#21 Oct 21, 2012
Dear "Foodie",

So what if the rolls are sold at 'Curtis'" and are $7. Im a regular at Nick's and those rolls are Kick Ass! I recently moved back to the area from Athens, and could not believe this existed in Ocilla. As far as their sauce coming out of a can, GET A LIFE. Every dish I have had there has been excellent. If you don't like the food and its not worth it go crawl back into the hole you live in.

Signed,
Nick's Loyal Customer
Barbara Ann

Warner Robins, GA

#22 Oct 21, 2012
Oh, "Foodie" if you live in Ashburn or around the area. Lets not fool ourselves, your not a "FOODIE"
foodie

Somerset, KY

#23 Oct 21, 2012
Well, I'm not from Ashburn. I come from an Italian family that actually knows how to cook. That's the problem with the restaurants around here, they don't have to cook well. Rednecks will eat anything.
Barbara Ann

Warner Robins, GA

#24 Oct 22, 2012
foodie wrote:
I found the food not worth the money. I was thinking it was a real Italian restaurant, but not even close. The rolls they serve are sold at Curtis' in Tifton and are $7 a bag.There spaghetti sauce comes from a can, I can do better at home with a family recipe that cooks for 5 hours. As for the drinking it does go on, but at a later hour.
I highly doubt your a "foodie" if you live in and around the Ashburn area. I also doubt you would know what real Italian Food is unless it bit you in the ASS. Stop hating and see what a positive impact this restaurant has on the community of Ocilla. I eat at Nick's at least once a week and your description is way off! Just feel the love and stop being Ugly.
Love it

Smiths Station, AL

#25 Oct 22, 2012
Nick's Steak and Pasta is definitely the best place around here to eat! Keep up the good work :)
haha

Fitzgerald, GA

#26 Oct 23, 2012
Funny im a regular at nicks and seen him cook and that sauce is made by him. And so is just about everything in there. Don't go to any other restaurant cause I'm sure they all use rolls from packaging places.
Concasse

Fitzgerald, GA

#27 Oct 31, 2012
foodie wrote:
I found the food not worth the money. I was thinking it was a real Italian restaurant, but not even close. The rolls they serve are sold at Curtis' in Tifton and are $7 a bag.There spaghetti sauce comes from a can, I can do better at home with a family recipe that cooks for 5 hours. As for the drinking it does go on, but at a later hour.
Hey Foodie....do you pluck your tomatoes, concasse, then make your sauce? if not you use cans from...yup a can! And by the way....sauce from fresh tomatoes takes 8 hours and insanely expensive. Its always the random guy who thinks they can do better but never have done anything in their life but be a sheep and follow so foodie get a life and stop watching so much food network its rotting your brain and making you fat.
Concasse

Fitzgerald, GA

#28 Oct 31, 2012
foodie wrote:
Well, I'm not from Ashburn. I come from an Italian family that actually knows how to cook. That's the problem with the restaurants around here, they don't have to cook well. Rednecks will eat anything.
lets ask ourselves what is a foodie anyway....just cause you're an Italian doesn't mean anything. If you don't think they can cook why do you feel the need to be online talking about it? Where's you're restaurant? How many years have you been in the business? Home cooks are different the restaurant cooks....i bet you wouldn't last 5 minutes on a line on a Friday night at any restaurant.
Nick

Fitzgerald, GA

#29 Oct 31, 2012
Wow.....all i can say is wow. Im glad there are more lovers than haters, i guess when you open a business you open yourself up to this kind of ridicule. Well back to work i hope you all have a nice day.
peace, love, and tomatoes
Public Servant

Fitzgerald, GA

#30 Oct 31, 2012
We will see you tomorrow night, Nick.

The food at Nick's is great! The service is good. Those of you who labor under the misconception that you know more about food, running a nice restaurant, etc., please...go ahead and build/buy/lease yourself a building, buy all the equipment, decorate it nicely, train the staff, get vendors lined up, yada yada yada...and let us know when to come judge YOUR efforts.
Sallie

Ocilla, GA

#31 Nov 1, 2012
Nick's is good, we like it. No, it is not Italian. It is Steak and Seafood on the signage, I believe. Maybe fusion of some description?

And, as always, if you don't like it, just don't go back.
just saying

Moultrie, GA

#32 Nov 19, 2012
Nicks is where it's at! Ice cold beer and the best fillet ive ever had. I'll be back for sure
me and 4 others

United States

#33 Nov 27, 2012
Went today and nobody liked anything. Saidto say but true
Big Boy

Douglas, GA

#34 Nov 29, 2012
As my name says it all ....I like to eat and did go eat at Nicks last weekend and the food was ok but, I am going to be honest about the portion of food, quality, serivice, and price! It was just ok nothing to bragg about like alot of these people have done and Sallie I want be back!
butch

United States

#35 Nov 29, 2012
Well nicks is way better than the pepperoni grill. That place sucks!
true

United States

#36 Nov 29, 2012
Yea so do the ppl that work there
Salt Life

Fitzgerald, GA

#37 Nov 29, 2012
Who works there?
true wrote:
Yea so do the ppl that work there
Volt

Atlanta, GA

#38 May 11, 2013
Terese the owner is a b.it.ch. She treated some of her ex employees like cra.p. Their First anniversary is today. Seriously they think they are a high class restaurant when they aren't. In the backside of the restaurant they hangout late and do drugs once in a while. I wont mentioned names.
Old Friend

Ocilla, GA

#39 May 14, 2013
perhaps there is a justifiable reason they are "ex" employees? And perhaps they merit this kind of treatment?
Volt wrote:
Terese the owner is a b.it.ch. She treated some of her ex employees like cra.p. Their First anniversary is today. Seriously they think they are a high class restaurant when they aren't. In the backside of the restaurant they hangout late and do drugs once in a while. I wont mentioned names.
Muscle Man

Kathleen, GA

#40 May 14, 2013
Volt wrote:
you know who else posts stuff on topix because they have nothing better to do than collect a check and complain about stuff......MY MOM!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ocilla Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wendy and Rhonda 4 hr Rhonda D 97
Athletic Director .... 6 hr Chief 6
Rycroft Plantation 6 hr Chief 3
New job at Board of Education 8 hr Just 34
Tara Grinstead- still missing (Oct '06) Fri wimpy 461
anyone know a victoria dalton/folsom (Sep '09) Thu aaron 40
Wendy Floyd (Oct '16) Wed Louise 33

Ocilla Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance