Where'd it go?
Bennie

Eveleth, MN

#2 Jun 25, 2012
?
Suzie

Ford City, PA

#3 Jul 17, 2012
People from Ocilla had it removed b/c Nick has turned into a hi class/low class drunkin place! Parents & Grandparents are hiding cars & riding golfcarts ect out to Nicks, but I'm sure the locals know if they are drinking and driving anything they can still get caught & if they have company 18 years or younger they will get them child endangerment so it's only a matter of time!
Janet

Eveleth, MN

#4 Jul 17, 2012
I did not know this and, if true, I hate it. I enjoyed several meals there.
Suzie

Moultrie, GA

#5 Jul 18, 2012
It's no different than most other places that serve drinks!!!! But everyone proclaims this is such a nice & family place well take it or leave it! I personally like the food and what the younger folks do there is up to them so don't let some people spoil it for others..I must say I did enjoy the food, just not the drunks!
Jerome

Douglas, GA

#6 Jul 18, 2012
I have been there several times, the food and atmosphere is wonderful. I have yet to see any drunks.
narnia

United States

#7 Jul 19, 2012
Its a great place. Finally we have a nice place to eat and see friends. If you dont like it then stay home and shut your hateful mouth.
Jesse

Augusta, GA

#8 Jul 21, 2012
I agree with you. If folks don't like it, they should hush and stay home.
narnia wrote:
Its a great place. Finally we have a nice place to eat and see friends. If you dont like it then stay home and shut your hateful mouth.
Reality

Atlanta, GA

#9 Jul 21, 2012
Let the police entrap your ass one good time, you will be chirping another tune. Then again, its all about your last name & who you know in this town. Only the high class drunks can get away with such...
LeAnne

Douglas, GA

#10 Jul 22, 2012
@ Suzie, you must be a very hateful, jealous person. I am a regular at Nick's and, I do not drink alcohol, however, I sit at the bar and eat with friends. We have great conversations and overall a wonderful time cutting up with the bartender. I have yet to see any "drunks" that you have described. And as for the golf carts, I have yet to see any grandparents "hiding" cars or golf carts in the back so they can sneak in and drink. That's a laugh!

There is nothing wrong with having a good time and meeting good friends for a few drinks, responsibly, of course. Maybe you don't have any friends and that's why this is so upsetting for you?

Good luck with your miserable self.
mother of 4

Kittanning, PA

#11 Jul 22, 2012
are you all talking about Nicks Steak and Pasta?
Terry

Augusta, GA

#12 Jul 22, 2012
I'll be safe, will you?
Reality wrote:
Let the police entrap your ass one good time, you will be chirping another tune. Then again, its all about your last name & who you know in this town. Only the high class drunks can get away with such...
Old Lady

Kittanning, PA

#13 Jul 23, 2012
Suzie wrote:
People from Ocilla had it removed b/c Nick has turned into a hi class/low class drunkin place! Parents & Grandparents are hiding cars & riding golfcarts ect out to Nicks, but I'm sure the locals know if they are drinking and driving anything they can still get caught & if they have company 18 years or younger they will get them child endangerment so it's only a matter of time!
I am a Granny. We go to Nick's a lot. In fact we take our great-grand-kids. If anyone in there is drunk its because they have had too much across the street or someplace before they got there. Nobody can afford to get drunk on what most people can afford to buy at any resturant. Yes we go in a car and back in the back because you can't find a place in front so its much easier to park and go in the back door. Thats not sneaking or hiding. The back door is open to the public. The young couple that owns this place is working really hard to make a go of it. Ocilla needs the business. I see you say you are from Moultrie so why do you care anyway. And what is it they have moved. I can't believe there is a place you can go like this and trash anybody just because you have a problem.
Peanut

Tifton, GA

#14 Jul 24, 2012
Really people? I have heard that Nick's good. I have there is high cless folks there and there are everyday people there. I've heard people sit out back drinking. Don't put yourself down. One person is just as good as they make themselves so go right in there and enjoy yourself and if someone gets to loud in there just ask a waitress or manager to ask them to be a little more quiet. Don't let someone ruin your nice meal.
Mary

Fitzgerald, GA

#15 Jul 25, 2012
They just need some decorator to come in and slap some wall hangings on the wall. It's all good.
Peanut wrote:
Really people? I have heard that Nick's good. I have there is high cless folks there and there are everyday people there. I've heard people sit out back drinking. Don't put yourself down. One person is just as good as they make themselves so go right in there and enjoy yourself and if someone gets to loud in there just ask a waitress or manager to ask them to be a little more quiet. Don't let someone ruin your nice meal.
Taylor

Adel, GA

#16 Jul 29, 2012
Noooo that place was awesome!! Ocilla needs a place like that.
Kevin

Fitzgerald, GA

#17 Aug 4, 2012
Had lunch at Nick's this week. It was delicious, probably the best hamburger I have had in years. Honestly, it looked like the pictures in the magazines. Delicious!

Excellent job
blaaa

United States

#18 Oct 20, 2012
the "special" shrimp scampi fettechini is drenched with wine and I couldnt eat it a all. Other than that I liked the place.
Louise

Warner Robins, GA

#19 Oct 20, 2012
Oh, Im sorry to hear that you didn't like the Shrimp Scampi. My husband and I both had the Scampi and it was delightful.
foodie

United States

#20 Oct 20, 2012
I found the food not worth the money. I was thinking it was a real Italian restaurant, but not even close. The rolls they serve are sold at Curtis' in Tifton and are $7 a bag.There spaghetti sauce comes from a can, I can do better at home with a family recipe that cooks for 5 hours. As for the drinking it does go on, but at a later hour.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ocilla Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tara Grinstead- still missing (Oct '06) 7 hr Coco 445
ben hill drug task force heat (Feb '15) 9 hr Werewolf 12
News Tip leads to arrest in Georgia teacher's 2005 d... 10 hr China Hill 1
info on ryan dukes..... 13 hr Law dog 2
School superintendent 13 hr Ponch 21
News GBI releases new information in Tara Grinstead ... (Jul '08) 22 hr Allan Melvin 83
School Calendar Feb 22 FYI 9

Ocilla Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ocilla Mortgages