3-year-old girl drowns in Hewlett swi...

3-year-old girl drowns in Hewlett swimming pool

There are 37 comments on the Newsday story from Jul 15, 2007, titled 3-year-old girl drowns in Hewlett swimming pool. In it, Newsday reports that:

A 3-year-old girl drowned in a swimming pool in Hewlett Sunday, Nassau County police said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
chris

Bay Shore, NY

#1 Jul 15, 2007
im sorry aboout ur lo9st
boo

Brooklyn, NY

#3 Jul 15, 2007
what a terrible shame. Rest in peace baby :(
Mich

Hicksville, NY

#4 Jul 15, 2007
This is too sad and becoming all too common. Sorry to the family.
Lorinda Patchogue NY

Newark, NJ

#5 Jul 15, 2007
It is againt the laws of nature for a parent to have to bury their child. May this little girl reach the hand of God and rest in peace with the Angels. My deepest condolencs to her family.

Since: May 07

New Rochelle, NY

#6 Jul 15, 2007
i cant believe how many drownings there are this summer..so far......what a shame..
Richie

Haledon, NJ

#8 Jul 15, 2007
So who is the first politician thats going to wwhore him or herself out over this?
Yankee Fan

Albertson, NY

#9 Jul 15, 2007
Richie wrote:
So who is the first politician thats going to wwhore him or herself out over this?
Hillary?
Fix society

AOL

#10 Jul 15, 2007
And who will the parents blame for this happening? The only ones to blame are the parents themselves for failing to watch a 3-year old who doesn't know any better. But I'm sure a lawsuit will come out of this and there will be blame placed on everyone but the parents. It's never the parents fault anymore when anything happens to a child. It's the schools', the teachers', the neighbors', everyone else's fault but not the parents.
Yankee Fan

Albertson, NY

#11 Jul 15, 2007
Fix society wrote:
And who will the parents blame for this happening? The only ones to blame are the parents themselves for failing to watch a 3-year old who doesn't know any better. But I'm sure a lawsuit will come out of this and there will be blame placed on everyone but the parents. It's never the parents fault anymore when anything happens to a child. It's the schools', the teachers', the neighbors', everyone else's fault but not the parents.
That's liberalism for ya
PoconoWeeze

Lebanon, PA

#12 Jul 16, 2007
Fix society wrote:
Agreed. I had a pool but my kids were not allowed in till I was out to watch them and their friends. It's simple. Parents some of them don't want to parent today, or let's face it. It takes your back turned for a second for a child to get in trouble. So sad, but I bet she is an angel in heaven. So innocent.
Can You Believe It

Germany

#13 Jul 16, 2007
Fix society wrote:
You're right, the parents are to blame for this one. The child was way too young to be unattended.
It's a sad thing that they lost their child, but they should of been more aware of her.
Too late to cry now for their stupidity
LIer

Edison, NJ

#16 Jul 16, 2007
This happened at 6:56PM last night. Newsday wrote the story at 9:45PM. It is now 6:15AM, the next morning and the same 6 sentences are here, telling us nothing. So much for that immediate updates on our website thing, huh?
MYOPINION

Lindenhurst, NY

#17 Jul 16, 2007
Is anyone WATCHING their children ANYMORE?! An Anthony's LAW ISN'T the answer! A Parent's RESPONSIBILITY is!
whats the matter with you

Bronx, NY

#18 Jul 16, 2007
LIer wrote:
This happened at 6:56PM last night. Newsday wrote the story at 9:45PM. It is now 6:15AM, the next morning and the same 6 sentences are here, telling us nothing. So much for that immediate updates on our website thing, huh?
And you want details of a tragic event at 6am? You need to go to church!
So Sorry

Franklin, NY

#19 Jul 16, 2007
What a shame, rest in peace dear child.
brain surgeon

Pompano Beach, FL

#20 Jul 16, 2007
it should be a law to have a locked fence around the actual pool....much like most pools here in florida. If i haqd kids you better believe I would invest in one.
family friend

Brooklyn, NY

#21 Jul 16, 2007
Fix society wrote:
listen.... the parents have enough to deal with, without people like u talking about blame and whos at fault. Chloe was an angel. Theywere wonderful parents. GET A LIFE AND LEAVE THEM ALONE....
family friend

Brooklyn, NY

#22 Jul 16, 2007
i will always remember CHLOE with her angel costume on.... rest in peace lil angel!
Who knows BETTER

Kew Gardens, NY

#23 Jul 16, 2007
Are you freakin' KRAZY? Now is not the time for comments of this sort. I doubt seriously there will be any law suits. Go to bed. PLZZZZZ
Fix society wrote:
AUNT ELVIRA

Chesterfield, MO

#24 Jul 17, 2007
Anthony's law was suggested to take the blame off the parents and put it somewhere else....basically all it did was keep his mother from going to jail and taking the responsibility for not watching her son, I am his Aunt and I would never support that law...his mother was sound asleep and he was three houses away, so there was no way she was ever going to hear that alarm. She was a stay home mother with no other responsibilities other then taking care of her son, my brother worked 14 hour days so she could be there. Iím very sorry for this family's loss as I am very sorry for my family's loss...but I'm sorry I will say it again, there is more to this story just like there was more to our story, but trust me you are never going to hear the real facts. They will only tell you what sells papers. believe me I know they never told the truth about the events that surrounded the death of my nephew...god help how much we miss him....my wish is that people can learn from this and take extra precaution when it comes to their children...and if you really want to pass a law make a law that holds parents responsible for their children.... As a mother, I would be first in line to support that law.....God Bless you Chloe, I hope you and Anthony find each other in HEAVENÖ

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oceanside Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: I Love Kickboxing - Carle Place (Nov '13) 8 hr nicole p 14
When did Raynors Cabin Restaurant close? (Feb '06) 23 hr Dave Murray 21
News Cops: Woman Found Bound with Duct Tape by Polic... May 31 old sckool 1
News Refurbished rail cars finally roll on PATCO May 30 Marvin 1
Review: Frontier Collision (Aug '13) May 29 Joe 3
Community Meeting - FEMA Fraud Updates May 29 dkelly 1
Charities / Donations in Valley Stream May 29 whakarewarewa 1
More from around the web

Oceanside People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE