lincoln stationery Mels

lincoln stationery Mels

Posted in the Oceanside Forum

what happened

Howard Beach, NY

#1 Jun 17, 2010
I noticed that Lincoln stationers in Lincoln shopping center is closed. what happened? he had been there since 1959 and can remember when he used to sell records. everyone used to buy their baseball cards here.

Any info on why they closed.
Al C

Oceanside, NY

#4 Jul 9, 2010
I too, noticed the same thing and was just as surprised. I used to ride my bicycle up to Mel's and buy caps for my cap gun there. I'm 58 years old.
I wonder if it had anything to do with all the Lottery tickets they sold.
need to know

Howard Beach, NY

#5 Jul 21, 2010
that is the rumor
Al C wrote:
I too, noticed the same thing and was just as surprised. I used to ride my bicycle up to Mel's and buy caps for my cap gun there. I'm 58 years old.
I wonder if it had anything to do with all the Lottery tickets they sold.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#6 Nov 21, 2010
It was definitely issues with his lotto "club".
Mels Diner

Howard Beach, NY

#7 Nov 22, 2010
what was his lotto club?
DamnedYankee wrote:
It was definitely issues with his lotto "club".
Sam S

Newton Upper Falls, MA

#8 Dec 2, 2010
I graduated OHS in 1970 and worked for Jack & Mel at their store. They underpaid us but treated us well. Jack and Mel ran a cash business and it was evident to everyone, including the IRS, that it was 1 for the IRS and 20 for me! Great memories.
Marty G

Delhi, NY

#9 Oct 7, 2013
I remember back in the 60's Mel and Jack got busted for selling hot toys. It was a great place to work..... low wages but great 'benefits'. I also remember Mel eating a bagel with some very special sauce on it one Sunday morning after we put the papers together.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oceanside Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Unmedicated Schizophrenics Around Merrick Road?? Sun Publius 3
Alpha Sigma Phi (Mar '09) May 28 Joe Buttafuco 564
US Hells angels war on American women and child... (Feb '10) May 22 GodofUSAhellsangels 299
When did Raynors Cabin Restaurant close? (Feb '06) May 21 jeffreybruce13 23
News Suspect in fatal Labor Day shooting is arrested (Sep '08) May 20 Aaliyah 17
News Teen duo faces robbery charges (Feb '08) May 20 Manderley 100
Illegal Apartments In Levittown are Hurting Pro... May 16 Eager Beaver 5
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Oceanside Mortgages