Should America adopt universal health...

Should America adopt universal health care?

There are 145 comments on the Newsday story from May 19, 2007, titled Should America adopt universal health care?. In it, Newsday reports that:

Nothing has brought as much mail - electronic and snail - than the proposals discussed in these columns for universal health care coverage.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 8
Next Last

“Small gov't.Low taxes, Freedom”

Since: Mar 07


#145 Oct 31, 2009
Jeff Plant Toronto CANADA wrote:
Give your American in-bred head a shake. I wouldn't live in the US if you paid me. The US manages to steal our best Canadian doctors by throwing cash at them. So typical of the US...greed drives you and you think the US is the only country that is anything, has anything or knows anything. Universal Healthcare will help to control the greed that Corporate America has applied since the Declaration of Independence was wrought. Do yourselves a favour and adopt Universal Healthcare
<quoted text>
If they were your BEST doctors they wouldn't be motivated by greed.

Your best doctors come here to work in clinics, our best doctors travel the world to heal sick people.

Glen Cove, NY

#146 Oct 31, 2009
get out now wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm for consensus....your observation of me not understanding the issue is your point of view. Those 47% Americans that DON'T pay federal income taxes, do tell how you think that is equitable.
I'm for a logical discussion...I agree things need to be fixed but not just something rammed down our throats. My point was I'm tired of being in the 53% of Americans that pay for the other 47% that don't pay taxes and typically those 47% are the ones that complain day in and day out about how tough they have it and how society owes them something when society is ALREADY paying for them.
Now, if you can make that equitable I'm all for it....I'll take a FLAT tax anyday...and I'll accept those that need insurance to PAY SOMETHING, ANYTHING and not a free ride. Again, I'm for discussion and consensus...which I'm not seeing from EITHER party...dems or reps.
I'm glad we are in agreement over one thing - the "leadership" shown by Washington on this vital issue is an absolute disgrace. Both parties are content to let big business and the health care lobby trample what's left of the middle class.

Let's all remember this on this and every Election Day. Please throw all of the do-nothing incumbents out, and elect agents of REAL change!

Good Luck to all of us,'cause we're gonna need it!

Since: Feb 07

Hastings, MN

#147 Oct 4, 2011
When you fail to convince others of the merits of your ideas, you can always turn to government to force them on people.

Carmi, IL

#148 Oct 4, 2011
whatever wrote:
Keep up the fight! We desperately need UHC.
yes they sould have universal healthcare as it is not fair to let some have it for free nut not some others

Brooklyn, NY

#149 Oct 5, 2011
Americans are getting killed by Private Insurance companies who are reporting RECORD PROFITS while we have a cost crisis. Does anyone see anything wrong here. Wall Street is less of a long term problem.Healthcare Costs are out of control as CEO's at these companies earn $ Millions $ per year.
Also, the government is not doing its job controlling costs. Why do Americans have to go to Canada to get the same drugs made by American companies for lees cost? Why do Asia-India-Europe and South Americans pay HALF of the COST for the same products made by American Companies? Who is doing anything about this? We all know it is happening don't we? Why can Japan buy the same Knee Implant made by a USA company for one half of our cost? This is both a private insurance and Medicare issue. If we think Government insurance is a bad thing, why are our costs out of control and unaffordable. Our hospitals and government are being overcharged by our own companies. Is this what is being suggested that we continue?We need to fix this.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oceanside Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Town demolishes veteran's house while he has su... 6 hr Lenni Texas 2
Review: Al's One Stop Auto (Aug '11) Nov 25 Disgusted Ex Cust... 59
Review: iLoveKickboxing - Franklin Square Nov 24 Allison W 13
News Queens man sentenced for violent armed robbery ... Nov 24 Beren Saat 1
News Special ed teacher arrested on porn charges (Feb '07) Nov 23 person 5 50
Review: I Love Kickboxing - Bayside (Dec '13) Nov 23 ajgonzalez555 36
Lord & Taylor in Garden City NY Nov 22 Vicki11530_ 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Oceanside Mortgages