East Rockaway touts country, community

Jul 2, 2011 Full story: Newsday 6

Kirstie Coico of Rockville Centre has her face painted by ArtFull Experience, Inc., at the Stars and Stripes Festival, Saturday, in East Rockaway.

Full Story
disappointed

Farmingdale, NY

#1 Jul 4, 2011
This festival was embarrassing. Compared to years past, it was more of a block party. And the fireworks??? The village had to send out letters asking business and property owners for a donation? Sad.....
EXTREMELY Disappointed

New York, NY

#2 Jul 5, 2011
I agree that this was terrible. I have been to many of East Rockaway's festivals in the past, as a resident. They scaled this back to 1 day only, eliminated the rides (bounce houses aren't rides) and eliminated virtually all of the games. People left and right were complaining how terrible this was. I am really stunned at how you go from a 3 day, spectacular event to junk. It was so embarrasing, that I told my friends to not even bother coming with their kids. I hope that the village really learns from this experience. They seem to not care these days (i.e. elimination of Oktoberfest is coming soon). Basically killing everything good about the village.
EXTREMELY Disappointed

New York, NY

#3 Jul 5, 2011
Oh, another note. It's sad when you see many of the Stars and Stripes Volunteers themselves talking about not wanting to work the festival. All of them were complaining to one another about the pricing of the bounce houses ($5 for 1 turn,$ 20 unlimited) and the fact that some of the attractions (bowling, coconut climb) were considering "extra" things you had to pay additional for.
Not what was expected

Oceanside, NY

#4 Jul 5, 2011
I agree, they advertised rides! My friends came from out East for the day and it was a TOTAL bust. I was actually embarrassed that I asked them to join us for the festival. It was NOTHING!! And the only ones who seem to congratulate it are the PRIDE PARTY members.
the big kahuna

Fairfield, VA

#5 Jul 15, 2011
the mayor will fix everything! he's the best ! Just ask him!!! iF he could reach around and pat himself on the back he would!!!!
FACTS

Corrales, NM

#6 Jul 16, 2011
Remember, this village board promised no cuts in recreation services. Where is the follow-through on that pledge?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oceanside Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chuck Zito speak up about Registered sex offen... (Jul '13) 21 hr Streetrunner 8
Alpha Sigma Phi (Mar '09) Sat Stephanie 536
Golfing - Bad behavior of Asians (Aug '10) Sat Dude9 50
women would you castrate you husbands? Fri george 2
Looking for Church Space to Share/Rent (Feb '09) Oct 16 Pastor Chai Yehovah 112
John Peterson Sleep Dentistry Sep 28 SleepDisorders 1
Oceanside Boardman 9e Sep '14 Buzz 1

Oceanside News Video

Oceanside Dating
Find my Match

Oceanside Jobs

Oceanside People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE