Council changes wording on vacancy de...

Council changes wording on vacancy decontrol ballot item

There are 1 comment on the The Coast News story from Feb 29, 2012, titled Council changes wording on vacancy decontrol ballot item. In it, The Coast News reports that:

To avoid a possible citizen lawsuit City Council revised ballot wording on the vacancy decontrol ordinance at a special meeting Feb.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Coast News.

Jerry Lenhard

Escondido, CA

#1 Mar 2, 2012
There's no such thing as "Market Rent" in mobilehome parks. "Market Rent" was a phrase invented by parkowner attorneys several yrs ago, for
use at rent hearings. One need only tour Escondido to find out how Vacancy DE-CONTROL has destroyed the value of mobilehomes. When rents are raised 30-50 percent, the value of the home DECREASES by an equal
amount. Therefore, the parkowner is stealing the equity of the homeowner. I can DOCUMENT the HOA fees in a resident-owned park is under $150 per mo. This fee (rent) pays 100 % of the park upkeep & INCLUDES
Reserve Funds, which NO RENTAL PARK even has, to my knowledge. Escondido & residents have sued 7 parkowners, winning all suits. We've proven it's NOT unusual for a parkowner to make OVER 50-70%
"Profit on investment". VACANCY DE-CONTROL IS A
THEFT OF EQUITY FROM RESIDENTS HOMEOWNERS (NOT RENTERS). In a lawsuit,AZUL PACIFICA vs LA,it WAS
PROVEN that RESIDENTS have $3 invested in any mobilehome park to the parkowners $1.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oceanside Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Anti-Sharia, Anti-Islamophobia Protests Clash i... Jun 13 the1911guy 2
News Illegal Immigrants- GO HOME!!! (Feb '09) Jun 11 No doubt 410
2003 Chevy Trailblazer-CHECK ENGINE LIGHT AND R... (Dec '11) Jun 1 Ramtuff7 302
News Men like Elliot Rodger are not owed anyone or a... (Jun '14) May 31 perhaps 101
looking for tina who can help me May 31 Rickyp93 1
Oceanside Mugshots and Criminal Arrest Records (Sep '16) May '17 Ido 3
News New traffic signal going in on busy San Marcos ... May '17 junior90221 2

Oceanside Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Oceanside Mortgages