Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,187

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
batter up

Monrovia, CA

#212506 Aug 26, 2013
It's only baseball.

Abreu is the fourth Cuban player to defect in the past two months, adding to the departures of first baseman Yozzen Cuesta, and pitchers Misael Siveiro and Odrisamer Despaigne.

Cuban defectors Yoenis Cespedes and Yasiel Puig have recently signed multimillion dollar contracts to play in MLB.

I love baseball what about you?
Big D

Modesto, CA

#212507 Aug 26, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
As you know, I fully support marriage equality. But "amused" is the wrong word when it comes to equal protection. Get a vocabulary.
We are amused that you say that, we all know better
findings

Monrovia, CA

#212508 Aug 26, 2013
Your always the last to know and the last to find out.
Gilled

Monrovia, CA

#212514 Aug 26, 2013
Those gilled lilies are very sensitive you know!

African-Americans leave café after white customer complains, yep it was deep in the south too!
The Law

Pico Rivera, CA

#212515 Aug 26, 2013
Jess wrote:
Woohoo!!
Justice , 19 hours ago
More HALLUCINATIONS and REVELATIONS

What could cause an individual ( Rankin ) to behave and act out in an irritational and paranoid manner although he claims to know what he talking about but have no proof to support his libelous and slanderous lies? Answer RANKIN thugs and please do not answer in your usual paranoid style. Give us insight on your lack of intellect.

Same rhetoric from the RANKIN THUGS that you all are to be expected.
Drugs have long lasting side effects.
Report this post

zero | Jul 24, 2013
WOW. DINOSAURS JOHN, REALLY?
N Y WUD U LET EM HELPN U STAY AT THE ROACH MOTEL,really???

zero | Jul 24, 2013
Flamingos, flying pigs?? Good Lord, john
Report this post
send more

Monrovia, CA

#212516 Aug 26, 2013
WOW can you send anymore?
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#212517 Aug 26, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
I think what you'll find in the next decade or so will be a diagnosis for bigots and homophobes. I mean think about it... A person who tries to make other people's sexual attraction their business. That has pathology written all over it.
I'm not sure what they'll call it--maybe something like "naziosis". Or perhaps they'll name if after you.
Fingers crossed!
The THEORY of epigenetics will likely not come to pass. One of the links you provided to the epigenetics THEORY indicated that determining it to be a fact will be near impossible. And even if they do determine that epigenetics play a role in orientation, there is no indication that there SHOULD be a "cure" or WILL be a "cure" as a result.
I think your epigenetics THEORY will turn around and bite people like you on the ass. Homosexuality will be seen as normal--a naturally occurring event that epigenetics explains.
You know nothing about homosexuality, with the exception of men's asses. And you certainly have shown yourself to know nothing about gender identity.
I doubt that will happen, unless they vote Big D into office.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#212518 Aug 26, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Gay marriage and same sex marriage are the same thing. I'm not interested in playing word games.
<quoted text>
Non issue. We are guaranteed equal protection under the law, that equal protection doesn't have to serve a state interest.
Please take notes, the rational argument for gay marriage is that men and women should have equal protection under the law.
Men and women DO have equal protection under the law. They are both entitled to the protections provided for marriages involving 1 of each gender, so you haven't produced any rational argument to change the definition of marriage. Your argument is a non-issue.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#212519 Aug 26, 2013
EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you haven't come up with a rational argument for gay marriage.
That is correct. No-one has. They are merely exploiting loopholes, in order to gain $$.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#212520 Aug 26, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
How naive you are. Ask your sisters about straight men wanting anal sex.
Anyway, it's a non issue.
The particular sex acts we engage in are not the government's business.
No. They're not. So, the government has no business legislating it into validity.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#212521 Aug 26, 2013
Europa Report wrote:
<quoted text>
Freedom Of Religion. First Amendment.
Freedom Of Religion goes a lot farther in protecting Polygamy than it does validating SSM.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#212522 Aug 26, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
Rose_NoHo is a non issue.
Always was...
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#212523 Aug 26, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact all you can do is lie about me and my position, and try to insult me, once again shows:
You can't come up with a rational argument against gay marriage.
First, I can't think of how not liking me and being a homophobe would be related. I would never base an argument about gay marriage on who does or doesn't want to marry me.
Now, try again, try to finish this sentence and make a rational argument against gay marriage.
"A person should not be allowed to marry a member of the same sex because..."
I've already played your "fill in the blanks" game. You chose to ignore the reality that I presented. As usual.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#212525 Aug 26, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Drives you crazy that I support SSM doesn't it? Truly amusing!
Unless you truly think I am lying. If you do please ask yourself "Why would he do that?" Believe me, I am not amused to be on the same side as you on this.
I know that you don't
commonpeeps

Covina, CA

#212530 Aug 26, 2013
Rocky Hudsony wrote:
<quoted text>
Men and women DO have equal protection under the law. They are both entitled to the protections provided for marriages involving 1 of each gender, so you haven't produced any rational argument to change the definition of marriage. Your argument is a non-issue.
Trying to teach a pig to dance ol boy' Or maybe an ape to sing???
Ceiling stalkers

Monrovia, CA

#212532 Aug 26, 2013
Just a flash in the pan, they will soon have to come back down off the ceiling and understand they LOST.
commonpeeps

Covina, CA

#212533 Aug 26, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet you and idiots like you are completely unable to present these imaginary "negative consequences". And none of the hundreds of thousands of children already raised in gay headed households agree with any of the idiocy in your post. Sucks to be stupid like you.
Guess you interviewed all them kids huh dipstick. and I'm sure what they actually thought wasn't persuaded by the fact that they felt sorry for their own 'parents' and didn't want to hurt their feelings further. Even a kid raised by an abusive drunk has feelings towards their parents, huh, that you probably know more about first hand. Or the fact that a parent of a queer kid isn't actually going to say how disgusted they are so as to not lose that child. Once again, probably something you are more familiar with . Fruitloop
commonpeeps

Covina, CA

#212534 Aug 26, 2013
batter up wrote:
It's only baseball.
Abreu is the fourth Cuban player to defect in the past two months, adding to the departures of first baseman Yozzen Cuesta, and pitchers Misael Siveiro and Odrisamer Despaigne.
Cuban defectors Yoenis Cespedes and Yasiel Puig have recently signed multimillion dollar contracts to play in MLB.
I love baseball what about you?
Yup, knocked it out of the part big boy, now go home.
Steve

Chico, CA

#212535 Aug 26, 2013
Steve wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll post a scientific article right after you post yours proving the amount of anal sex you claim gay people have!!! Hurry back with yours dear.
Please explain how HIV was spread throughout the gay community affecting such a large percentage more so than any other given community of people, thank you.
I sure got a lotta peanuts asking a question without any answers.

HIV/AIDS continues to disproportionately impact the LGBT community – in fact, newest infections are highest in young gay and bisexual men, particularly young black men. It’s the subject of a White House conference today at Morehouse College in Atlanta, one in a series the administration is holding on LGBT issues.

HRC’s latest issue brief on the subject reports that, according to a recent CDC study in major U.S. cities, 1 in 5 young gay and bisexual men are infected with HIV – yet nearly half don’t even know it.

"The No. 1 way that HIV is spread is through the exchange of HIV positive body fluids — especially genital secretions — that occurs during sexual contact," explains Robert Grossberg, MD, medical director of the Center for Positive Living and the Infectious Disease Clinic at Montefiore Medical Center in the Bronx in New York City. To get the virus, HIV must be present and there must be enough of it to actually enter into your bloodstream
http://www.everydayhealth.com/hiv-aids/fact-a...
commonpeeps

Covina, CA

#212536 Aug 26, 2013
Ceiling stalkers wrote:
Just a flash in the pan, they will soon have to come back down off the ceiling and understand they LOST.
I think the saying goes "children are a non-issue".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oceanside Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
2003 Chevy Trailblazer-CHECK ENGINE LIGHT AND R... (Dec '11) 38 min frank MARQUEZ 228
Foul-mouthed benefactor gives women free clothe... (Jun '11) Fri norboe dress 3
Oceanside Transgender, Transvestite, Crossdressers Dec 19 ted 1
Men like Elliot Rodger are not owed anyone or a... (Jun '14) Dec 19 ghostquest 53
Facebook sex:) Dec 17 Jer79 1
Homicide detectives investigating in San Marcos Dec 15 john doe 1
Man Accused of Shooting Brother in San Marcos Dec 15 john doe 1
Oceanside Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Oceanside People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Oceanside News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Oceanside

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]