Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
173,061 - 173,080 of 200,323 Comments Last updated 4 hrs ago
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Judged:

Zoro wrote:
<quoted text>Does it matter husband and husband, wife and wife? He is still married, under state law. Next up , Pietro screams its not right gay people cant reproduce.
Yes it matters to you, or else why would you not accept civil unions?

If SSM is the right thing to do, so is polygamy and incest marriage. If SSM is not the right thing to do neither is poly or incest marriage.

I support marriage equality and you don't. Spin that.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Judged:

Zoro wrote:
<quoted text>God issued a recal on you, he gave you a train, and not a brain. He is sorry.
Dopey ad hominem due to lack of an argument. Make it funny at least Jizxy you dope.
Zoro

Cambridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it matters to you, or else why would you not accept civil unions?
If SSM is the right thing to do, so is polygamy and incest marriage. If SSM is not the right thing to do neither is poly or incest marriage.
I support marriage equality and you don't. Spin that.
Hey if you want 3 husbands or to marry your brother it ain't no skin off my backside. Now all you have to do is loby the court system. You have to want the change, and then make it happen. Good luck spunky
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Judged:

Zoro wrote:
<quoted text>You did what for Gay people? Belittle them, nice job.
You confuse my disdain for hypocrisy with homophobia. You ain't real smart as you continually demonstrate.

If you would not try to marginalize people just because they were wary of this tremendous social change you would find even greater acceptance.

You're a hypocrite Jizzy. And you are just like the people you hate. You would deny them marriage because you don't like them.
Zoro

Cambridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Dopey ad hominem due to lack of an argument. Make it funny at least Jizxy you dope.
Frank is that train bothering you?
Zoro

Cambridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Used to be two in CA. But now there is only the old one since prop 8 was struck down. That's progress towards true marriage equality. That you would spin it otherwise speaks volumes. Why are you a hypocrite?
What harm would a marriage of three women cause you? If polygamy were legal it would still be so rare you would probably never have to be offended by the sight of a happy poly family.
Marriage. there is no one right way.
Did you fall and hit your head today? Pssst Frankie, there is still a law on polygamy, just thought you should know.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Judged:

Zoro wrote:
<quoted text>Hey if you want 3 husbands or to marry your brother it ain't no skin off my backside. Now all you have to do is loby the court system. You have to want the change, and then make it happen. Good luck spunky
As I have said to you many times, I don't want to enter a poly marriage. I simply want to discuss marriage equality without your fear, ridicule and attempts to silence me.

Your fear of the mere attempt to discuss polygamy in relation to marriage equality speaks volumes. What are you afraid of?
spamexed

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Judged:

Don Q hasn't had much luck either.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Judged:

Zoro wrote:
<quoted text>Did you fall and hit your head today? Pssst Frankie, there is still a law on polygamy, just thought you should know.
You know that I know there is. What a dopey post.

So that's your whole argument against marriage equality Jizzy? There's a law against it? What a moron! Get an argument and then come back, we won't bother to wait.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Judged:

Zoro wrote:
<quoted text>Does it matter husband and husband, wife and wife? He is still married, under state law. Next up , Pietro screams its not right gay people cant reproduce.
Actually it does.....what the state did was change the concept of marriage...its meaning and function. The state could declare any consenting adult personal intimate relationship "marriage". What is the legal, cutural, social, hisorical, and/or teligious foundation of a "husband and husband", or a "wife and wife", union?

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
You confuse my disdain for hypocrisy with homophobia. You ain't real smart as you continually demonstrate.
If you would not try to marginalize people just because they were wary of this tremendous social change you would find even greater acceptance.
You're a hypocrite Jizzy. And you are just like the people you hate. You would deny them marriage because you don't like them.
The problem is that your disdain for hypocrisy does not have a basis in reality, because you apparently lack the ability to count to three, or understand that 3 is greater than 2.
Bowser

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
As I have said to you many times, I don't want to enter a poly marriage. I simply want to discuss marriage equality without your fear, ridicule and attempts to silence me.
Your fear of the mere attempt to discuss polygamy in relation to marriage equality speaks volumes. What are you afraid of?
So discuss it. Do you have other thoughts on this topic that you haven't already posted?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Judged:

lides wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem is that your disdain for hypocrisy does not have a basis in reality, because you apparently lack the ability to count to three, or understand that 3 is greater than 2.
Yeah yeah, I can't count higher than two and you can't tell a man from a woman. ha ha so funny.
Zoro

Cambridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
You know that I know there is. What a dopey post.
So that's your whole argument against marriage equality Jizzy? There's a law against it? What a moron! Get an argument and then come back, we won't bother to wait.
What are you doing to change the law? Other than just pass gas and lip service.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Judged:

lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Good people are being denied the right to marry. And you are telling them their plight is not reality. Great argument you have there.

P.S. You are a hypocrite.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Judged:

Bowser wrote:
<quoted text>
So discuss it. Do you have other thoughts on this topic that you haven't already posted?
I am discussing it. It seems to bother you a lot. Why?
Zoro

Cambridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually it does.....what the state did was change the concept of marriage...its meaning and function. The state could declare any consenting adult personal intimate relationship "marriage". What is the legal, cutural, social, hisorical, and/or teligious foundation of a "husband and husband", or a "wife and wife", union?
One must ask, what is marriage? A lawful contract between two consenting adults. So how does the names of the two affect the contract, Bill and Sam, Sue and Jill? Husband and Husband wife and wife.
Zoro

Cambridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
WTF, do you need me to roll out the red carpet? Talk away, no one is stopping you. Its a free country, get up on the soap bax and let it rip. Or in your case, charge the battery on your Hoveround and roll on.
Zoro

Cambridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I am discussing it. It seems to bother you a lot. Why?
Then stop saying that we are stopping you. Dang son, you are not to bright.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Judged:

Zoro wrote:
<quoted text>What are you doing to change the law? Other than just pass gas and lip service.
I don't want to change the law although I think it should be changed. I have my own battles to fight just to continue to stay alive and happy.

I simply want to discuss marriage equality without your fear, ridicule and attempts at censorship. This is a discussion forum. Stop trying to censor me.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

6 Users are viewing the Oceanside Forum right now

Search the Oceanside Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 4 hr Ocean 7,835
Helicopter over CSUSM (Dec '10) 16 hr ACC 5
2003 Chevy Trailblazer-CHECK ENGINE LIGHT AND R... (Dec '11) 18 hr G Minor 203
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) Tue Ronald 2,251
Review: Melrose Square Dental Group - Stuart T ... (May '10) Mon Mary M 20
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) Jul 21 Racjei 4,885
Seattle man arrested after bragging online abou... Jul 19 i cant get none 11
•••
•••
•••
•••

Oceanside Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Oceanside People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE