Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
155,621 - 155,640 of 200,344 Comments Last updated 21 min ago

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
Jane Dodo wrote:
British lawmakers on Tuesday voted overwhelmingly in favor of a bill to legalize same-sex marriage championed by Prime Minister David Cameron, despite strong opposition from within his Conservative Party.
In a first House of Commons vote, lawmakers voted 400 to 175 in support of the legislation.
<quoted text>
In all of recorded human history, gay couples claiming marriage have extremely rarely and briefly appeared. They have NEVER established themselves and spread.
I see trouble on the horizon...
me

I forget, in which cultures was SSM legally recognized previously? I eagerly await your answer.

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Sure, now he goes on break.........
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Jane Dodo wrote:
British lawmakers on Tuesday voted overwhelmingly in favor of a bill to legalize same-sex marriage championed by Prime Minister David Cameron, despite strong opposition from within his Conservative Party.
In a first House of Commons vote, lawmakers voted 400 to 175 in support of the legislation.
It was no big deal in the UK, since they were always a very gay country anyway.

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
It was no big deal in the UK, since they were always a very gay country anyway.
Bi, if we're going to be technical.

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
Jane Dodo wrote:

<quoted text>
In all of recorded human history, gay couples claiming marriage have extremely rarely and briefly appeared. They have NEVER established themselves and spread.
I see trouble on the horizon...
I forget, in which culture/s was SSM legally recognized previously? Still waiting for your answer.

Just pull down your drawers and talk to the mangina.

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Science. You might want to acquire a basic understanding of evolution and mating behavior.
Furthermore, if it is not, please, inform us what is?
Bazinga!
Speaking of evolution, do you think you should have been aborted? You call yourself a "monster mutation".

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
A nut is not a casing of seeds. The nut is the seed.
And a marriage with having kids is a part of a human marriage, you inhuman oaf!
"A nut is a fruit composed of a hard shell and a seed"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nut_ (fruit)
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of evolution, do you think you should have been aborted? You call yourself a "monster mutation".
No, we think you should have been.

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Your probably confusing me with another poster. I said I'm 59, not 45.
My bad.
Who would guess you're a 59 year old virgin?

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Gender segregated institutions would be forced to deal with same sex marriage among staff and inmates; consider the consequences. We already have too much prison rape; same sex marriage could bring much worse; forced prison marriage. In our prisons, regulations control behavior. Those rules were created to keep sex out of prisons by gender segregating inmates.
Consent is problematic, at best, among the imprisoned and institutionalized. Not all marriage is based on love, people marry for economic and social advantage too. Don't bring more harm than good, out of legitimate sympathy for gay couples. Use your head, not your heart or random other parts...
So, let us know when members of the Ravens will be forced to marry each other! You did claim that members of professional sports teams would be forced to marry each other.
Polixed

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

What ever possed you to post something dum like that?
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
He did. Next he'll counter with something entirely insane like "why don't you marry your gerbil while you're at it."
It never fails.
We just want to marry the person we love, and they have to bring in plural marriage because they have no argument against SSM, other than the fact that they find it "creepy"?
As for me, Kimare won't even let the missus look at me; he's afraid she'll turn lesbo when she sees me.
I'm sure that you are very funny in the real world, but not here... I said nothing about a gerbil, why would you ? Marriage is an institution that is reserved for 1 man and 1 woman. If we are to redefine marriage at all, why not alter the number of partners that are allowed ? Is it because your crowd doesn't care about true equality ?
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah "they" sure are jackasses! You can't marry gerbils. They're for butts! But you should be allowed to marry who you want.
You aren't insisting on the traditional, arbitrary and discriminatory number of two while at the same time insisting gender is irrelevant. Are you?
Yes, they are. These biased, low IQ types pretending to be intelligent make me laugh my ass off. Supposedly intelligent discussions with chimps, that's all this is. If they weren't so wrapped up in acting superior, they might be able to see the true nature of equality insists on absolute freedom of choice(s)...Even now, they argue that SSM is the only valid form of marriage that counts as discriminated against. Forget having them be fair and unbiased about incest.....Only need 2 partners for that....Fits their parameters...But they would call THAT creepy....
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Big D only whines when he considers my posts off topic. He is my personal topix cop. Ever vigilant!
He attempts to censor my posts because he doesn't like me. And that's all he's got since he cannot effectively rebut my posts. He gets frustrated and angry. Too funny!
...Angry midgets are hilarious....
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
YUK!YUK!YUK!
No, you are wrong...You meant "hahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahaha........hahaha "
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
I am giving you one last chance. I am defending you against Rose, so you best not rile it up!
Look, man, I like it when you dog Chongo, but as to riling it up ? Collossall hilarity there. If you could just stick to one side, you might earn a couple of supporters, but you paste everyone. so get what you give. I warned you about that before...stick to one side and enjoy some camaraderie...
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
I am defending him from Rose!
Randy -Rock- Hudson: 50.
Largelanguage: 59.
Rose_Noho: 56.

I appreciate the effort, but I require no protection from Chongo. I would rather you picked one side and stuck to it...Chongo (rose_no_ho) is insane.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
I suppose you aren't a child, as most kids would normally collapse after I've said those biting words! I will kill you off soon though!
But, please, you aren't going to kill anyone off.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Randy -Rock- Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, they are. These biased, low IQ types pretending to be intelligent make me laugh my ass off. Supposedly intelligent discussions with chimps, that's all this is. If they weren't so wrapped up in acting superior, they might be able to see the true nature of equality insists on absolute freedom of choice(s)...Even now, they argue that SSM is the only valid form of marriage that counts as discriminated against. Forget having them be fair and unbiased about incest.....Only need 2 partners for that....Fits their parameters...But they would call THAT creepy....
One man, one woman. Many SSM advocates insist the "man, women" part is irrelevant, but the "one" part is relevant. That seems hypocritical to me.

I support eliminating both restrictions. But they say I don't really, I am just trying to trick them!

The even more paranoid among them think I am a secret FUNDIE!

Too Funny!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

9 Users are viewing the Oceanside Forum right now

Search the Oceanside Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) 8 hr snodder 2,252
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Sun Twilight sun 7,848
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Sun Facts facts 15,927
2003 Chevy Trailblazer-CHECK ENGINE LIGHT AND R... (Dec '11) Fri G Minor 205
Private investigator draws on a colorful histor... Jul 24 informed 1
Seattle man arrested after bragging online abou... Jul 23 Aseptolsn 14
Helicopter over CSUSM (Dec '10) Jul 23 ACC 5
•••
•••
•••
•••

Oceanside Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••