booming noise last night and this am
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
PlmBayFLorida

Orlando, FL

#24 Sep 30, 2010
I heard a booming in florida last night around midnightish it woke me up. Did anyone else hear that?
kurt

Santa Clara, CA

#25 Mar 26, 2011
Still booming in Carlsbad!
Bri

Tacoma, WA

#26 Apr 1, 2011
I'm hearing it too, and I'm washington... I don't know of any bases near where I am, but I could be wrong. still... it's kind of unnerving. :/
Anya

San Diego, CA

#27 Jul 18, 2011
It's freaking me out - last night again. It would be great to hear what is causing this and some announcement on the news. Why is it only at night?
Mark in carlsbad

Carlsbad, CA

#28 Jul 22, 2011
I hear it all the time in La Costa. Lately I've been hearing it during the day too. If it is Camp Pendleton then I am wondering why I don't hear it at my work in Oceanside.
Fallbrooknative

Moreno Valley, CA

#29 Jul 23, 2011
Anya wrote:
It's freaking me out - last night again. It would be great to hear what is causing this and some announcement on the news. Why is it only at night?
It's just more evident at night. As someone born and raised in fallbrook with military artillery expierence, it is a normal thing that the residents in surrounding areas have been aware of for years. For as much as it's been explained that it is from camp Pendleton, I find it funny you still can't figure out where it's coming from. Get over it people. You chose to live in close proximity of a military base that's been here since before you were born. That's like moving by the beach and bitching at the possibility of waves.
Jenny

San Diego, CA

#30 Feb 10, 2012
I heard it last night around 10:00PM, it was keeping us awake, we live in escondido. At first I thought it was an earthquake, but I think its something over at Camp Pendleton.
Bruce Strickland

Port Orange, FL

#31 Mar 22, 2012
IF you truly want the facts. Give this a chance. I know the only thing that can make that noise in an on-going manner is,.. HARRP. It's a government project with many uses. It can make low and powerful enough sound to rumble the earth. I'm not going to try to explain all about it here but, it has a world-wide reach and can be used as a weapon to shake the earth and expose dorment valcano's or cause earth quakes. HARRP is also being used to control the weather. PLEASE do not discount this message. I have been looking into this for years and I'm one hundred percent correct about HARRP. It's located in Alaska. Go to Google earth and see. This program is being used in conjuction with another government project, loving known by those that know as, CHEMTRAILS. Just look it up. Everyone must know that airplain contrails evaporate quickly. The chemical clouds last as long as a day and spreed out into a thin layer of hase. These man made clouds can harm your family. Take the time to get the truth. There's truth by people that know, on the web and junk by crack-pots. Don't let the hunt for truth be obscured by noise of these nut-cases. The government will not say what it's all for or even if it's true. We all know they've covered-up other projects and these are no exceptions. Get the Facts, take the time, then spread the word. Be well!
Bruce Strickland

Port Orange, FL

#32 Mar 22, 2012
I see I made a few typo's in my hurry to get the word out. Sorry, but I'm sure you will get the message.
Barb

Encinitas, CA

#33 Apr 26, 2012
In San Marcos today and it is going off every few minutes. Driving me insane!
Versace

San Diego, CA

#34 Oct 24, 2012
Its 11:36 pm in Carlsbad and I've been hearing that rumbling noise for about an hour already!!!! By the way the URL posted for the base is invalid
ian

Carlsbad, CA

#35 Mar 22, 2013
Booms are really strong and frequent tonight, I'm just by the lagoon by state street.
lefty

Princeton, IL

#36 Feb 1, 2014
Gas pockets
your savior

Carlsbad, CA

#37 Feb 9, 2015
Beleve

San Marcos, CA

#38 Apr 1, 2016
idiot finder wrote:
<quoted text>
They boomin sounds are artillery from CP get over it. Its the sound of freedom!

I am a 3rd generation San Diegan, so yes I am used to these "boons" and I'm very aware that the marines play their war games, but if a person isn't used to this I can see how it can be unnerving at the least. Your comment about "it's for your freedom, get over it" was really insensitive! I'm sure that like me, most people support and are grateful for the jobs that our service men and women do, but to tell people who aren't used to hearing these to "get over it" really? you sound like a miserable human being and I'm so sorry for you!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oceanside Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump's failed Baja condo resort left buyers fe... 18 hr frigginhell 22
News Trump's failed Baja condo resort left buyers fe... Mon Aces928 1
2003 Chevy Trailblazer-CHECK ENGINE LIGHT AND R... (Dec '11) Jun 16 Tyson H 281
News Motorcyclist dies in 100 mph Oceanside collision Jun 7 coindrummer 1
Corinne Hogg and her VA disability - What's wro... (Sep '15) Jun 2 ANNONYMOUS 9
News Men like Elliot Rodger are not owed anyone or a... (Jun '14) May '16 damndude 85
Superman -- stubble of steel ... ? May '16 Ray_Zer 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Oceanside Mortgages