Traveller

Troy, VA

#1 Dec 15, 2012
Goodsons!

Level 6

Since: Jul 12

Warriormine, WV

#2 Dec 16, 2012
Yeah!! Shop locally and support Oceana's effort to stay in business!
George

Troy, VA

#3 Dec 16, 2012
Awesome_Steve_Monkey wrote:
Yeah!! Shop locally and support Oceana's effort to stay in business!
Then what you are saying is support your local drug dealer. Please be more specific.

Level 6

Warriormine, WV

#4 Dec 16, 2012
Shop at Goodsons'! Oceana's local grocery store!

You will be doing your part to keep this town in business.

And don't do drugs.
ha ha

Pineville, WV

#5 Dec 16, 2012
no thanks ill keep going to kroger and save with my double coupons and cheeper prices
Sknuk holler bill

Troy, VA

#6 Dec 16, 2012
ha ha wrote:
no thanks ill keep going to kroger and save with my double coupons and cheeper prices
How much does it cost to go to Kroger in Gas? You save one dollar going to Kroger on food but spend four dollars to get there. I'll bet you voted Obama. He thinks that way too.
wow

Charleston, WV

#7 Dec 16, 2012
don't pay attention to sknuk holler bill , he's mentally not stable and shouldnt have a computer lmao.
well well

Oceana, WV

#8 Dec 16, 2012
I'd rather have a root-canal than shop at Goodsons

Level 6

Warriormine, WV

#9 Dec 16, 2012
well well wrote:
I'd rather have a root-canal than shop at Goodsons
You like that sort of stuff? Dental work?

Goodson's sells food that even people with no teeth can eat.
Skunk holler bill

Troy, VA

#10 Dec 16, 2012
<quoted text>
You like that sort of stuff? Dental work?
Goodson's sells food that even people with no teeth can eat.
I'll bet they do in the back of the meat dept. Are you speaking from experience???
upshur

Pineville, WV

#11 Dec 16, 2012
Sknuk holler bill wrote:
<quoted text>How much does it cost to go to Kroger in Gas? You save one dollar going to Kroger on food but spend four dollars to get there. I'll bet you voted Obama. He thinks that way too.
im in beckley 2 or 3 times a month and what i save doing my monthly shopping more than pays the gas

Level 6

Warriormine, WV

#12 Dec 16, 2012
Skunk holler bill wrote:
<quoted text> I'll bet they do in the back of the meat dept. Are you speaking from experience???
You seem to be the experienced one with this newsflash.

Is that where you spend your time playing while your Mommy does the shopping?

Level 6

Warriormine, WV

#13 Dec 17, 2012
upshur wrote:
<quoted text>im in beckley 2 or 3 times a month and what i save doing my monthly shopping more than pays the gas
No one can blame anyone for trying to get the most for your money. If you can find better prices and save enough money to make it worth your trip - seems to me that you've done what is best for you.

But you cannot know how much money you are saving unless you visit Goodson's on occasion to see what prices you are trying to beat. All grocery stores (including Goodsons') have particular items at a reasonable price while other items seem to be over-priced. They depend on selling the overpriced items to make up for the profit they are not making on their sale items. The key to smart shopping is not only the store you choose, but the items you are buying there.

It is a myth that Goodson's prices are higher than all other grocery stores - SOME items are, but you are missing out on any GOOD deals by excluding Goodson's as a place that you shop. The price of groceries has very steadily risen, not just at Goodson's, but at all stores.

When I suggest that you shop at Goodson's, I don't mean: and nowhere else! I am saying: make an effort, even a small effort, to see that our local businesses have a customer base so that we don't sit back and watch our town become unable to support having businesses such as grocery stores, gas stations, and restaurants.

How would you feel if Goodson's went out of business? The closest grocery store would be Save-a-lot or FasChek or Wayne's (who is lucky to still be in business as a result of VANDALS who caused $30,000 worth of damage by trying to steal copper pipes!) If our economy is failing, surely we will watch local store after store fail and close, creating more and more local unemployment - only CONSUMERS are able to keep our struggling economy going.

All I am suggesting is that we ban together and invest in the plight of OUR local economy - so we don't have to drive to Beckley whenever there is no resources available for us in Wyoming County.

Goodson's is a good store - certainly very popular whenever the power is out.
upshur

Pineville, WV

#14 Dec 17, 2012
<quoted text>
No one can blame anyone for trying to get the most for your money. If you can find better prices and save enough money to make it worth your trip - seems to me that you've done what is best for you.
But you cannot know how much money you are saving unless you visit Goodson's on occasion to see what prices you are trying to beat. All grocery stores (including Goodsons') have particular items at a reasonable price while other items seem to be over-priced. They depend on selling the overpriced items to make up for the profit they are not making on their sale items. The key to smart shopping is not only the store you choose, but the items you are buying there.
It is a myth that Goodson's prices are higher than all other grocery stores - SOME items are, but you are missing out on any GOOD deals by excluding Goodson's as a place that you shop. The price of groceries has very steadily risen, not just at Goodson's, but at all stores.
When I suggest that you shop at Goodson's, I don't mean: and nowhere else! I am saying: make an effort, even a small effort, to see that our local businesses have a customer base so that we don't sit back and watch our town become unable to support having businesses such as grocery stores, gas stations, and restaurants.
How would you feel if Goodson's went out of business? The closest grocery store would be Save-a-lot or FasChek or Wayne's (who is lucky to still be in business as a result of VANDALS who caused $30,000 worth of damage by trying to steal copper pipes!) If our economy is failing, surely we will watch local store after store fail and close, creating more and more local unemployment - only CONSUMERS are able to keep our struggling economy going.
All I am suggesting is that we ban together and invest in the plight of OUR local economy - so we don't have to drive to Beckley whenever there is no resources available for us in Wyoming County.
Goodson's is a good store - certainly very popular whenever the power is out.
i get the daily stuff when i need it but my bulk i go kroger
Meee

Pineville, WV

#15 Dec 17, 2012
Don't grocery shop, just eat out!!
Daryl

Troy, VA

#16 Dec 17, 2012
<quoted text>
You seem to be the experienced one with this newsflash.
Is that where you spend your time playing while your Mommy does the shopping?
I usually do. I find you in the bent foreward position.
gagsons

Oceana, WV

#17 Dec 17, 2012
Goodsons is all fine and well if you like buying hamburger meat that looks good on the out side and when you get it home and open it the hamburger meat in the middle is brown and almost rotten... low prices whatever... it would cost me $500.00 to but my grocery's there for 2 weeks I go to save a lot where it cost me half that plus I get more.

Level 6

Warriormine, WV

#18 Dec 18, 2012
A - if you purchase meat at Goodsons' and find that it looks good on the outside while not being edible - bring it back and it will be replaced. That is the same for all groceries you buy there - just bring them back and Goodson's will replace them.

B - Save-A-Lot is a good place to shop as well, and like Goodson's, shopping there supports the economy of Wyoming County. Save-A-Lot does offer lower prices, but a much more limited selection.

Again - it's not necessarily the store you choose that will cost or save you money - it's the items you buy.
ozz

Hansford, WV

#19 Dec 18, 2012
if a name of anyone appears on here it will bring out a bunch WIERD PEOPLE.

Level 6

Warriormine, WV

#20 Dec 18, 2012
ozz wrote:
if a name of anyone appears on here it will bring out a bunch WIERD PEOPLE.
But who invited the weird people already here??

Who's naming names, anyway? I'm talking about supporting the businesses of Wyoming County to insure that we all can depend on them in the future.

You know, weird people are everywhere and if you got to know them a little, you might find that they are not as weird as you had originally imagined.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oceana Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Just in case I forget 26 min janet 2
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 33 min The Last Warrior ... 1,525
Suboxone Doctors 2 hr Knowzee 1
Drop a word, Add a word (Dec '10) Fri luci 5,175
Word Association... (Jun '12) Fri luci 2,542
Word game (Jun '12) Fri luci 1,242
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Mar '10) Fri luci 10,388

Oceana Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance