created by: oceana voter | Feb 21, 2012

Oceana, WV

1,614 votes

who for town council?

Click on an option to vote

  • don morgan
  • bryant whisenant
  • miss cook
  • mr fleshman
  • jesse womack
  • dereck crouse
  • bill webster
  • jimmy cook
  • miss webb
Comments
101 - 120 of 140 Comments Last updated Oct 9, 2012
Blonde

Pineville, WV

#138 May 31, 2012
johnnyroten wrote:
Did YOU see today's paper? People running in the town election who have nor PAID their property taxes over in Pineville and their names are in the paper?? They are-- Suzanne Clark, Bill Webster, Jim Cook,and Don Morgan. Hey people trash Jeff Laxton and others running for mayor and council all you want but they pays there bills!
If you would please check your facts befor you post. You would know that this is not the Jim Cook running for Town Council. The Jim Cook running for Council is listed as James L Cook on his tax and they are PAYED !! Thank You.
georgio

Huntington, WV

#139 May 31, 2012
as for mr laxton, check out J&S auto
Blonde

Pineville, WV

#140 May 31, 2012
If you would please check your facts before you post. You would know that this is not the Jim Cook running for Town Council. The Jim Cook running for Council is listed as James L Cook on his tax and they are PAID !! Thank You.

Level 1

Since: Sep 11

Simpsonville, SC

#141 May 31, 2012
johnnyroten wrote:
Did YOU see today's paper? People running in the town election who have nor PAID their property taxes over in Pineville and their names are in the paper?? They are-- Suzanne Clark, Bill Webster, Jim Cook,and Don Morgan. Hey people trash Jeff Laxton and others running for mayor and council all you want but they pays there bills!
This post is a prime example of why people should not believe everything that is posted on Topix. Some people do not get all of the facts before posting and spread inaccurate lies. Vote Jim (James L.) Cook for Oceana town council. He's an upstanding citizen of the community who pays his taxes on time!
Resident

Pineville, WV

#142 May 31, 2012
johnnyroten wrote:
Did YOU see today's paper? People running in the town election who have nor PAID their property taxes over in Pineville and their names are in the paper?? They are-- Suzanne Clark, Bill Webster, Jim Cook,and Don Morgan. Hey people trash Jeff Laxton and others running for mayor and council all you want but they pays there bills!
I got todays paper and didn't see anything about this. What paper are you talking about and what day?
georgio

Huntington, WV

#143 May 31, 2012
5-30-2012 beckley registat hearld
oceana voter

Welch, WV

#144 May 31, 2012
We nead to get all the ones in there out put new in that is for sure this town is ready for a better change
johnnyroten

Winfield, WV

#145 May 31, 2012
I only posted public information.The people giving me crap are the ones who did not pay there taxs and are running for town office. I drive a coal truck and I dont have time to go to Pineville and pay. But when my tax bill comes in the mail I right a check and send it by the post office. YOU HAVE A YEAR TO PAY IT! These people who are running for office to lead our town should pay there bills within a year dont cha think?? 365 days is p0lenty of time. CHECK the Beckley paper and read the names if you dont believe me.But dont call me a dumba## because I post what is in the paper that everybody can see themselves.
Voter

Pineville, WV

#146 May 31, 2012
johnnyroten wrote:
I only posted public information.The people giving me crap are the ones who did not pay there taxs and are running for town office. I drive a coal truck and I dont have time to go to Pineville and pay. But when my tax bill comes in the mail I right a check and send it by the post office. YOU HAVE A YEAR TO PAY IT! These people who are running for office to lead our town should pay there bills within a year dont cha think?? 365 days is p0lenty of time. CHECK the Beckley paper and read the names if you dont believe me.But dont call me a dumba## because I post what is in the paper that everybody can see themselves.
Ummm, I didn't see anyone calling you a dumba## and the posts after yours just ask you to check your facts before you assume the names printed are those running for office.
johnnyroten

Winfield, WV

#147 May 31, 2012
Read what Someone who knows wrote. He called me a dumba##.Oceana is ax small town. I didnt know a million people have the same name.
Voter

Pineville, WV

#148 May 31, 2012
johnnyroten wrote:
Read what Someone who knows wrote. He called me a dumba##.Oceana is ax small town. I didnt know a million people have the same name.
Sorry...didn't see that page. Yes Oceana is a small town but with family names and all there are many with the same name. I know four Jim Cooks in Oceana, two in Pineville, and a couple in Kopperston. Thanks for voicing your concerns...and I also think people should pay their taxes.
porky

Winfield, WV

#149 Jun 2, 2012
one of jeff's buddies from the car lot came and gave me a ballot with jeff's slate on it today. it is Lester,j.cook,walker,crouse,an d morgan.at least i know now who not to vote for.
Newblood

Pineville, WV

#150 Jun 2, 2012
porky wrote:
one of jeff's buddies from the car lot came and gave me a ballot with jeff's slate on it today. it is Lester,j.cook,walker,crouse,an d morgan.at least i know now who not to vote for.
So your saying you like things the way they are now? Because if you don't vote for the 5 listed above then your voting for what we already have. I think it is time for a change since nobody is happy with the way things are now.
porky

Winfield, WV

#151 Jun 2, 2012
whatever you say buddy. i know jeff and the kind of people he hangs with on his car lot and so does about everybody else in this town. birds of a feather flock together.no body wants a change for the worst.if jeff wants these people then i vote for anybody but them. you vote the way you want. if jeff and these people are your kind of guys you are probly hanging out at his car lot with him.
LAKERFAN

Winfield, WV

#152 Jun 2, 2012
THAT IS WHY YOU NEED HELLEN COOK IN THERE. SHE IS EDUCATED AND AND SHE PAYS HER TAXES! ON TIME! SHE IS BY THE WAY THE HELLEN COOK WHO LIVES IN OCEANA, NOT SOPHIA, OR WELCH OR CUB CREEK AND HER NAME IS ACTUALLY LISTED AS HELLEN COOK ON THE BALLOT!
LAKERFAN

Winfield, WV

#153 Jun 2, 2012
BY THE WAY FROM WHAT I HEARD THERE WAS MORE THAN ONE JIM COOK WHO DID NOT PAY THEIR TAXES. IS THE JIM COOK RUNNING FOR COUNCIL LISTED AS JAMES L. COOK ON THE BALLOT? IF NOT, WHO KNOWS FOR SURE. HELLEN COOK. NOT LYNN COOK. HELLEN. HELLEN.FOR COUNCIL. HONEST LEADERSHIP!

“Retired Air Force”

Level 1

Since: Feb 08

Oceana, WV

#154 Jun 2, 2012
LAKERFAN wrote:
BY THE WAY FROM WHAT I HEARD THERE WAS MORE THAN ONE JIM COOK WHO DID NOT PAY THEIR TAXES. IS THE JIM COOK RUNNING FOR COUNCIL LISTED AS JAMES L. COOK ON THE BALLOT? IF NOT, WHO KNOWS FOR SURE. HELLEN COOK. NOT LYNN COOK. HELLEN. HELLEN.FOR COUNCIL. HONEST LEADERSHIP!
This is the Jim Cook on the ballot and I can assure you my taxes are paid in full and on time every year because they are paid by my escrow company. When I heard there was a Jim Cook in the paper I called the courthouse to make sure the escrow company paid them and was told they did and that the Jim Cook listed in the paper was a Jim and Teresa Cook, and my wife's name isn't Teresa. But please feel free to verify this by calling the courthouse and asking them if James L. and Dawn Cook owe any taxes.

As for my name on the ballot, it is listed as Jim Cook even though my given name is James L. Cook because everyone has called me Jim (or Jimmy) since high school. Far more people know me as Jim then James.

Now if you don't want to vote for me, that is fine, it is your right to cast your ballot anyway you choose. However, if youíre not going to vote for me just because I know Jeff Laxton then you may be in a pickle because I also know everyone else on the ballet.

I'm not going to bad mouth anyone on the ballot nor do any negative campaigning - I really dislike negative campaigns! I've talked with a majority of those running for mayor and council over the past few weeks and believe most have the best interest of the town at heart and think they can help make things better. So it is up to you, the voters, to select a team that you think can work together to get things done and help put the town back on track.

As for my qualifications: I have a college degree. Served 26-years in the Air Force where I held several leadership and supervisory positions, worked with multi-million dollar budgets, and attended three leadership schools. Iíve have been on numerous committees (military and civilian) and have volunteered for many different charities through the years. I also have a good dose of common sense.

Level 1

Since: Sep 11

Pineville, WV

#155 Jun 3, 2012
JCook wrote:
<quoted text>This is the Jim Cook on the ballot and I can assure you my taxes are paid in full and on time every year because they are paid by my escrow company. When I heard there was a Jim Cook in the paper I called the courthouse to make sure the escrow company paid them and was told they did and that the Jim Cook listed in the paper was a Jim and Teresa Cook, and my wife's name isn't Teresa. But please feel free to verify this by calling the courthouse and asking them if James L. and Dawn Cook owe any taxes.

As for my name on the ballot, it is listed as Jim Cook even though my given name is James L. Cook because everyone has called me Jim (or Jimmy) since high school. Far more people know me as Jim then James.

Now if you don't want to vote for me, that is fine, it is your right to cast your ballot anyway you choose. However, if you’re not going to vote for me just because I know Jeff Laxton then you may be in a pickle because I also know everyone else on the ballet.

I'm not going to bad mouth anyone on the ballot nor do any negative campaigning - I really dislike negative campaigns! I've talked with a majority of those running for mayor and council over the past few weeks and believe most have the best interest of the town at heart and think they can help make things better. So it is up to you, the voters, to select a team that you think can work together to get things done and help put the town back on track.

As for my qualifications: I have a college degree. Served 26-years in the Air Force where I held several leadership and supervisory positions, worked with multi-million dollar budgets, and attended three leadership schools. I’ve have been on numerous committees (military and civilian) and have volunteered for many different charities through the years. I also have a good dose of common sense.
Well said!
Just a thought

Welch, WV

#156 Jun 5, 2012
I personally think that if you put Jeff Laxton and Derrick Crouse into office this town hasn't seen exactly how bad it can be yet! Yes this town has alot of issues that need to be fixed. But the voters need to cast thier votes wisely because things can always get worse!! We dont need people in office to just make thierselves look big and to be able to throw it around thier position and give them even more reason to be out talking trash about the people in this town. We need mature educated people that can and will stand behind this town for the good of this town. Jeff Laxtons buissness is covered with nothing but druggies and prostitutes and a place for pure gossip, as for Derrick Crouse, he thinks that he is more than what he is and talks pure trash about everybody and just wants a name to make hisself look better. Niether one need the responsibilty of being in a leader position!
GIJoe

Winfield, WV

#157 Jun 5, 2012
You know what I see about this thread? Jeff Laxton bless his heart has endorsed Jim Cook from the beginning since he run for mayor. Jim Cook gets on here and says he is not really with Jeff. Why don't Jim Cook go to Jeff and say HEY I DON'T LIKE YOU to his face. JEFF STOP TRYING TO HELP ME GET ELECTED? Instead he is happy to get Jeff's support but at the same time acts like he don't like him on topix. I don't like that. The man needs to tell Jeff to stop putting him on his list instead of playing everybody just to get elected.I don't know Jim Cook personally.I am a veterarn myself. US army. Vietnam. Stand up and say to Jeff what you mean soldier.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oceana Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Mar '10) 5 hr _Zoey_ 7,883
WV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 6 hr Another Damn Liberal 57,079
Names A-Z (Aug '13) 9 hr Doug77 160
Drop a word, Add a word (Dec '10) 13 hr Doug77 1,598
Who got fit i town 15 hr bumblebee 45
Word Association... (Jun '12) Fri _Zoey_ 1,110
violence Fri Curious 7
•••
•••
•••

Oceana Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Oceana People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Oceana News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Oceana
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••