Concerned Citizen

Oceana, WV

#1 Mar 29, 2008
Do you shop there? Whats your opinion?

“Grasshoppa'”

Since: Feb 08

AOL

#2 Mar 29, 2008
I go there on occasion, no problems here.
I agree

Welch, WV

#3 Mar 30, 2008
I like them. they have nice workers there:) I love they have a layaway program:) Walmart dont have it any more:(...I do wish they would get a little more games for P.c's and playstations..ETC.. and game boy dsl's..would be nice:)

Since: Mar 08

Humble, TX

#4 Mar 30, 2008
They are really expensive!!!
Go away

Pineville, WV

#5 Jul 22, 2012
I hope this place closes and Wyoming co. Can get a wal mart

Level 6

Since: Jul 12

Oceana, WV

#6 Jul 22, 2012
Walmart in this area would put the small businesses out of business - it's called the "Walmart Effect" and it has ruined towns throughout the US. When the Coal Field Expressway is complete, the likelihood of a Walmart greatly increases - but so will traffic and access to our area, so maybe our local businesses do have a better chance to survive. People claim that Walmart will increase employment - however, I believe that those minimum wage jobs will simply replace the minimum wage jobs already here. People are lured to Walmart because of the large selection and low prices - the reason for that is that most of the items are from China or other countries where laborers are paid very little. Walmart supports jobs overseas, eliminating jobs in the US. I don't want to shop at Walmart in Wyoming County, even if it is the only place left to shop (it would be).
2 posts removed

Level 6

Oceana, WV

#9 Jul 22, 2012
No, actually, I'm not a Steve at all. There is a movie called "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs" and one character is a monkey whose name is Steve and he is totally awesome. I named myself in his honor. I'm not any other kind of Steve on Topix - although I spruced my name up when I joined the lil Topix club where you get rewarded with virtual points to encourage people to post, comment, judge, etc. I've only recently starting paying any attention to this site - I find it very entertaining though - I intend to hang around.
1 post removed

Level 6

Oceana, WV

#11 Jul 22, 2012
I will check that out. Thanx!
billy roy

Mullens, WV

#12 Jul 24, 2012
I hate that place, MG took it to a piece of shit

Level 6

Oceana, WV

#13 Jul 25, 2012
You hate Magic Mart? or OFFBEAT?
alv

Hurricane, WV

#14 Jul 25, 2012
magis mart put out a sale paper with an item listed for about 26,00 dollars. i bought the same exact item at walmart for 14.00

Level 6

Oceana, WV

#15 Jul 25, 2012
You did your job as a consumer by comparing prices, traveling to various locations, and choosing the item that best suits your needs. What if there was a sale in Charleston where your item was only $5.00! Calculating gas costs, tolls, and time you spend shopping - your best consumer decision would be to pay a HIGHER price. Suppose you NEED something and there is no time to drive to Beckley to visit Walmart - would it be WORTH a higher price to be able to get it at Magic Mart?

Not EVERY item at Magic Mart is twice the price of Walmart's. Every item is likely MORE the price of Walmart because they do not have the resources Walmart has to offer such low prices. The consumer has to pay the price of convenience - it would be very inconvenient to HAVE to drive to Beckley whenever you needed something - I am grateful that Magic Mart is available to me when I need it.

I, too, have sense enough not to buy a $14 item for $26, therefore I have not fallen prey to advertising or selling tricks. Some of Magic Mart's customers are swayed by suggestion, they have every right to charge high prices and see if anyone will pay them. I like to shop at Magic Mart, but I'm don't feel pressured to buy items that cost too much.
alv

Hurricane, WV

#16 Jul 25, 2012
did not make a special trip to beckleyjust to buy only one item.

Level 6

Oceana, WV

#17 Jul 25, 2012
But you DID make a trip to Beckley to get a better price for your item. Maybe a "trip to Beckley" was already in your plans and surely it was worth your while if you bought a bunch of stuff or went to several places. My point is - a "trip to Beckley" is a big deal to SOME people. If you had no transportation or no time, then $26 may have seemed more reasonable to you - it could seem that way to someone other than you. If Magic Mart can sell an item for twice the price, why shouldn't they? You don't have to buy it.
sam i am

Mullens, WV

#18 Jul 26, 2012
Awesome_Steve_Monkey wrote:
But you DID make a trip to Beckley to get a better price for your item. Maybe a "trip to Beckley" was already in your plans and surely it was worth your while if you bought a bunch of stuff or went to several places. My point is - a "trip to Beckley" is a big deal to SOME people. If you had no transportation or no time, then $26 may have seemed more reasonable to you - it could seem that way to someone other than you. If Magic Mart can sell an item for twice the price, why shouldn't they? You don't have to buy it.
like you Monkey Man Steve LMAO
Earl

Charlottesville, VA

#19 Jul 28, 2012
People in McDowell county swear that Wal-Mart is the best place to do your Christmas shoplifting.
shopper

Hurricane, WV

#20 Jul 29, 2012
i just wish they would get new stuff. Half the stuff they have been in there for over 10 yrs.. they need a major update,

Level 6

Oceana, WV

#21 Aug 11, 2012
Support the economy of Oceana!

Buy your school supplies at Magic Mart!

There's only a few weeks before school starts.
Make sure your child is prepared.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#22 Aug 12, 2012
I REALLY love MM. They have great prices on their juniors jeans, tops, etc for women. I got a pair of Seven For All Mankind jeans there for $20, looked them up online to authenticate them. ONE little gem was lower on the pocket than the rest, making them not suitable for the expensive stores. They retail at $225. I find the best deals in the MM in Lewisburg, though. I live in another state now & I REALLY miss MM. Plus, EVERY piece of clothing I've ever bought at MM has held up forever...not so @ WalFart.

Level 6

Oceana, WV

#23 Aug 12, 2012
So, MM is a WV thing?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oceana Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Mar '10) 27 min luci 10,273
Word game (Jun '12) 7 hr luci 1,188
Stupid idiots 9 hr Bill 7
Drop a word, Add a word (Dec '10) 10 hr -Prince- 4,968
Word Association... (Jun '12) 10 hr -Prince- 2,459
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 13 hr Water Boi 1,380
Wreck at Westside high school night before last... Sat Carter oakes 1

Oceana Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance